• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The guy really is an enigma to me. All top strikers go on poor runs, but I don't see any of them looking as ordinary in as many games as he does. Yet he scores 20 goals plus a season so I cant really criticise, but he looks way off being at the level of the top bracket strikers to me.

And as bad as you claim he has still managed 22 goals in 27 matches this season

I bet he did

after scoring a hat trick once Bill Nic famously told him to keep his feet on the ground as it wouldn't be that easy all the time, next game he scored four
Ha! Maybe I was a bit rash with that comment.:rolleyes:

Gonna have to check out his records now and see what I come up with.

Trying to find out the record number of hat tricks from a player in a calendar year, but with no luck. Could see Kane getting a few more in 2017 if he keeps it up. Today he looked so much more clinical and sharp with his finishing - exactly the kind of Kane we saw last season.

And as bad as you claim he has still managed 22 goals in 27 matches this season
Did you read my post properly? I acknowledged his goal record and this is the reason why to me he is an enigma. He has the goal record of a top class striker,yet he looks very ordinary in a hell of a lot of games - something which I dont see when I look at the likes of Costa, Augero etc Yes they might go through a barren run but they still look a genuine threat and ooze class....

Did you read my post properly? I acknowledged his goal record and this is the reason why to me he is an enigma. He has the goal record of a top class striker,yet he looks very ordinary in a hell of a lot of games - something which I dont see when I look at the likes of Costa, Augero etc Yes they might go through a barren run but they still look a genuine threat and ooze class....

Costa looks ordinary a lot but excels at the physical stuff and then pops up with a goal. It's his job

Id love to see Costa score a half volley with his wrong foot from 20 yards

Kane oozes class and then some

He is on track to score 30 goals again across all comps

Add in last two seasons and that's almost a 100 goals for a team that hasn't won a thing

The same aguero you talk of is class but has had an awful barren patch of late where he hasnt been involved and ended up droppe for a kid just starting here

Last edited:
His goals per minute must be bonkers.

Imagine where he might be if he's not missed 10 games this season. 21 or 22 league goals already I'd bet.

It is:

PL minutes per goal (mpg):

103 mpg - Kane (17 goals scored)
126 mpg - Sanchez (17)
129 mpg - Aguero (11)
129 mpg - Lukaku (17)
133 mpg - Costa (16)
144 mpg - Ibrahimovic (15)
166 mpg - Dele (12)
167 mpg - Defoe (14)
168 mpg - Mane (11)
209 mpg - Hazard (10)

Minimum 10 goals scored; updated to 4pm Sunday 26 Feb 2017

Played an average of 86 minutes per game this season. He has played 21 times. If he had played the same number of minutes, on average, for the other 5 league games then he would have scored an additional 4 goals and so he would be sat on 21 goals for the PL season. All that based in maintaining his gpm ratio.

He is an excellent striker and yes, he may not always be consistent but, he's only 23, and already delivering the big numbers for goals. Delighted that he's with us, and came through the ranks. Most consistent striker in the league.

Because your are looking at "obvious" things for quality, even though I would argue that Costa when off his game looks like a donkey ...

When you look at Kane, look at a few things

- His balance when he hits the ball
- How few of his shots are significantly wide or high

^^ Those two things are what he does world class, he hits the ball better, consistently more than anyone else in PL (including the two you named), and is genuinely two footed.

Additionally, look at his runs/movement, the goal against Fulham where he went from behind the defender to infront while ball was in flight is a good example.

Kane's best attribute is his striking and ability to hit the ball early and quickly, so in your words, you see the goals, but you are not giving credit to the key capability that gets the goals. His other attribute is his all round game, compare to Aquero (who I do consider a world class striker), Aquero is probably better in tight spaces, dribbling, taking on players, but Kane is vastly better in the air, stronger and physically less vulnerable (yes, when last did Aquero play 15 games in row?), and Kane has very little weakness to his game.

Don't mistake not taking on 3 players every game, and doing flashy stepovers as lack of ability.

Because your are looking at "obvious" things for quality, even though I would argue that Costa when off his game looks like a donkey ...

When you look at Kane, look at a few things

- His balance when he hits the ball
- How few of his shots are significantly wide or high

^^ Those two things are what he does world class, he hits the ball better, consistently more than anyone else in PL (including the two you named), and is genuinely two footed.

Additionally, look at his runs/movement, the goal against Fulham where he went from behind the defender to infront while ball was in flight is a good example.

Kane's best attribute is his striking and ability to hit the ball early and quickly, so in your words, you see the goals, but you are not giving credit to the key capability that gets the goals. His other attribute is his all round game, compare to Aquero (who I do consider a world class striker), Aquero is probably better in tight spaces, dribbling, taking on players, but Kane is vastly better in the air, stronger and physically less vulnerable (yes, when last did Aquero play 15 games in row?), and Kane has very little weakness to his game.

Don't mistake not taking on 3 players every game, and doing flashy stepovers as lack of ability.

I agree. Kane is an 8 out of 10 across the board. He is going to fall short in comparison with other top strikers on individual parts of his game but I can think of few who are as well rounded as him.

... and ten goals in his last four at WHL. Doubt even the great Jimmy Greaves quite managed that.

I bet he did

after scoring a hat trick once Bill Nic famously told him to keep his feet on the ground as it wouldn't be that easy all the time, next game he scored four

Ha! Maybe I was a bit rash with that comment.:rolleyes:

Gonna have to check out his records now and see what I come up with.

So here goes. Greavsie's best goalscoring sequences at WHL (excluding European games - cannot find the stats for them) were:

9 in 3 (1962/63) - the sequence galeforce was referring to (4, 3 and 2 in consecutive home games)
12 in 6 (1962/63)
13 in 6 (1963/64)
7 in 5 (1964/65)
7 in 4 (1964/65)
9 in 5 (1966)
8 in 5 (1967/68)
19 in 10 (1968/69)

So pretty much on a par with Kane's 10 from his last 4 at WHL.

Some 'interesting observations' on Kane here.

The guy is intrinsic to everything we do. Aguero does not move like Kane thus why Guardiola will sell him when he can. Costa has Hazard and Pedro running for him, and does on occasion look ordinary. Kane is like a deft blend between Sheringham, Shearer and Klose. Right, left, head. He has it all. And for the third season running he is over 20 goals in a season. He speaks for himself.

People don't understand how difficult that 20 goal a season mark is, better if you list

- Who has actually done 20+ goals a season, 3 seasons in a row in the PL
- Who has done it by 23?

Might be a good indicator of Kane's company/standard

People don't understand how difficult that 20 goal a season mark is, better if you list

- Who has actually done 20+ goals a season, 3 seasons in a row in the PL
- Who has done it by 23?

Might be a good indicator of Kane's company/standard
FWIW... I can find only 3 players who've managed that feat, since the Premier League started...

Fowler scored 25+ for 2 consecutive seasons, followed by 18 goals, by the time he turned 23.
van Nistelrooy scored 20+ in his first 3 seasons at ManU but was already 25 when he joined them.
Shearer scored 25+ for 4 consecutive seasons, starting when he was aged 23.
Henry scored 24+ for 5 consecutive seasons, starting when he was aged 24.

Kane will have to go some to match Greaves though, as Jimmy scored 20+ goals starting as a 17 year old and did so for 8 seasons on the trot; probably would've been 12 seasons in a row had he not missed 3 months of 65/66 due to hepatitis.

Back