• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He wasn't unlucky. Being perpetually beaten to or otherwise put off by a Belgian league defender when challenged for crosses from the right that *should* be yours is not being unlucky, it's being awful.
thought he won more in the air than majority of any other games and he was using the ball intelligently.

Said it earlier. We made a mistake looking for a backup for Kane. He needs competition to make him sit up!
what he needs is a partner who can drag defenders out of position and create space/cross for him - vice versa.

Bagsies he scores another brace in the chase for the golden boot !

The guy really is an enigma to me. All top strikers go on poor runs, but I don't see any of them looking as ordinary in as many games as he does. Yet he scores 20 goals plus a season so I cant really criticise, but he looks way off being at the level of the top bracket strikers to me.

PS what has happened to his shots from just outside the penalty area? He used to score a fair few that way, I can barely remember him even attempting to score from that range lately.....

He was poor. Did he make the keeper make a save? He screwed his shots off target, so that's not unlucky in my book.

However, he was also shafted massively by Alli's petulant schoolboy act. Without him, there was barely any link up play around an already ridiculously congested penalty area.Gent did a proper job keeping him quiet where it mattered. Only Eriksen was there to support him, and he was even worse than Kane!
Intro of Son helped things a bit, but when we got our noses in front we failed to push on.

The guy really is an enigma to me. All top strikers go on poor runs, but I don't see any of them looking as ordinary in as many games as he does. Yet he scores 20 goals plus a season so I cant really criticise, but he looks way off being at the level of the top bracket strikers to me.

PS what has happened to his shots from just outside the penalty area? He used to score a fair few that way, I can barely remember him even attempting to score from that range lately.....

I know what you mean, his goal record is very good but there are games when he looks out of place. Its not all down to Kane but we do create a lot of chances and often fail to put them away.

I think our Harry is not streetwise enough. He is too honest for his own good on occasion. And before anyone gets their knickers in a twist I'm not talking about taking a dive or over exaggerating contact. I genuinely think he gets battered by defenders and manfully stands up it, to the detriment of his game.

Last edited:
On occasions this season and certainly recently, he has looked absolutely knackered within 15-20 min's of a game starting and the ball bouncing off him as if he isn't on his toes. No prospect of a rest for him until the summer but hopefully he gest a really good one and we bring someone in that can share the burden and keep him on his toes performance wise

Regardless of how many goals Kane scores this season, he has not been at his best form in the league like last season. With him on 14 goals and 13 matches remaining, I just can't seem him overtaking the 25 league goals he scored last season. In fact, won't be surprised if he doesn't overtake the 21 league goals he scored in 2015.

It has really helped Kane that he has been our only reliable striker for the past 3 years now, meaning he can't be dropped even when he is in bad form. We really need another reliable striker to keep Kane on the toes all the time.

Regardless of how many goals Kane scores this season, he has not been at his best form in the league like last season. With him on 14 goals and 13 matches remaining, I just can't seem him overtaking the 25 league goals he scored last season. In fact, won't be surprised if he doesn't overtake the 21 league goals he scored in 2015.

It has really helped Kane that he has been our only reliable striker for the past 3 years now, meaning he can't be dropped even when he is in bad form. We really need another reliable striker to keep Kane on the toes all the time.
82a6d0770aeaafbae8f26bf40a822b9b79a5c412.png

PL minutes per goal (mpg):

103 mpg - Kane (17 goals scored)
126 mpg - Sanchez (17)
129 mpg - Aguero (11)
129 mpg - Lukaku (17)
133 mpg - Costa (16)
144 mpg - Ibrahimovic (15)
166 mpg - Dele (12)
167 mpg - Defoe (14)
168 mpg - Mane (11)
209 mpg - Hazard (10)

Minimum 10 goals scored; updated to 4pm Sunday 26 Feb 2017

Moved up another couple of places on the Spurs All-time chart. Upto 86 now level with W Evans (1931-86). 100 before the end of the season? Outside chance on current strike for sure.

66 PL goals now, one more than Giroud! and just 3 behind Luis Suarez

Said it earlier. We made a mistake looking for a backup for Kane. He needs competition to make him sit up!

No doubt you will flat out deny that today he proved you totally wrong.

He hasn't had competition all season yet he's currently the joint EPL leading scorer and is way out in front in terms of minutes per goal (see my post above).

Are you sure about that mate?

By the way are you factoring in the fact that he was out injured for weeks of the season?

Back