• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The problem is as soon as Kane gets what he want there will be a line at the chairmans door, the likes of Toby, Lloris would be heading it.

From what i have read Kane is " one of our own" he loves the club, sees good times here so why would he want to rock the boat. Until we move into the new ground we can not pay the type of money the financally doped clubs can pay.

If he loves the club that much why rock the boat?

Yeh I agree with this, for me its a case of, stick with the club for another two seasons, be part of what we are building and when the doors open, about the time your contacts actually needs to be discussed you will be rewarded. If he sticks at it he will be rewarded on and off the pitch and achieve his goals.

We had all this with Eriksen, its just part of the process, no doubt in my mind Kane will be signing a new contract sooner or later
Yeah I think this is it, the usual contract dance they all go through. I'm sure he'll get at least parity with our top earners and probably a little more in bonuses by way of goals scored.

I believe the club and Harry have this all under control between them.

Let the media go through the motions over this and the England v Spain / Southgate debacle for next few days. Then come Thursday/Friday we'll announce the good news that Harry's all signed up, boosting fan confidence and atmosphere around the club just in time for the West Ham game.

It's all in the PR timing. ;o)

Yeh I agree with this, for me its a case of, stick with the club for another two seasons, be part of what we are building and when the doors open, about the time your contacts actually needs to be discussed you will be rewarded. If he sticks at it he will be rewarded on and off the pitch and achieve his goals.

Indeed, like i say i have my thoughts that this is no more then yet another bull shirt articule in the rags. Apart from anything else i doubt Kane who is always going on about growing up with the club and how much he loves it and the supporters would start acting like billy big gonad*s and ask for 120K. I mean if he meant what he says why would he?

The Telegraph is a rag?

Surely we can do him a deal where he gets £85-£100k a week basic and then the rest is topped up with a strong goal bonus/win bonus/merchandise figure.

From what i have heard there was a story in yesterdays Sun/Mirror about a new contract, so its probably just another lazy journalist pinching it from there.

Indeed, like i say i have my thoughts that this is no more then yet another bull shirt articule in the rags. Apart from anything else i doubt Kane who is always going on about growing up with the club and how much he loves it and the supporters would start acting like billy big cobblers and ask for 120K. I mean if he meant what he says why would he?

In Kane's defence I think £120K a week is a fair wage in the current climate, it is not like he is asking for £250K a week. When you consider how many goals he has scored for us it is not like we can call him a one season wonder.

Indeed, like i say i have my thoughts that this is no more then yet another bull shirt articule in the rags. Apart from anything else i doubt Kane who is always going on about growing up with the club and how much he loves it and the supporters would start acting like billy big cobblers and ask for 120K. I mean if he meant what he says why would he?

With Sissoko rumoured to be on £95K a week I think £120K is even more fair for Kane :)

Right, but he might want an incentive to do that. Wouldn't particularly blame him.

I'm basically comparing it with Arsenal's situation when looking at how our wage increases are likely to stack up over the next few years - Ozil is Arsenal's most important player, and he's apparently about to get 200k a week. Kane is our talisman, and subject to his seasonal form staying roughly the same between now and then, he'll probably be the first one we give those sorts of wages to when the doors of the new gaff swing open. However, that's from my perspective as a fan. From his perspective, I can see why a jump from 60k to 200k seems a bit too much to hope for, given our past reluctance to acquiesce to such things. A jump from 120k to 200k, however, is less of a stretch, and he gets remunerated more for the same two years we're asking him to be patient for, and still ends up staying at his boyhood club come the finance boost from the new stadium - as our highest-paid player. Plus the club's idea of when his contract *needs* to be discussed and his idea of the thing probably differ substantially, so I can definitely see why he's asking for that sort of money.

And let's be fair to the guy - 120k a week is not an awful lot in the crazily overheated market of football contracts these days. Ashley Young is on 110k a week, iirc. Alvaro Negredo is apparently on about a 100k, and Stewart Downing is apparently on 70k (although this one I doubt).

There's absolutely no proof to back up the article's tall claims, but they're definitely *feasible*. And personally I think we really should just pay the guy *provided* he has another good season between now and May.

Back