• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I am not sure we will go for three to be honest, I hope we go back for Dembele ( Fulham) in the summer. 19 years of age and has scored 16 goals in 41 games (some of them games as sub).

I did not say we should go for 3, but rather we would go for 2 which would leave us with 3. If we signed just Dembele and then Kane got injured would you be confident with him leading the line in the league and in the CL? I for one would not, on the other hand Kane, Dembele and one other is more comforting

Player of the month for March.

Ranieri manager of the month - is that manager curse still active??

I did not say we should go for 3, but rather we would go for 2 which would leave us with 3. If we signed just Dembele and then Kane got injured would you be confident with him leading the line in the league and in the CL? I for one would not, on the other hand Kane, Dembele and one other is more comforting

I think with Son and Nije back next season we would have 3rd man cover if the worse happened.

I think with Son and Nije back next season we would have 3rd man cover if the worse happened.

I do not feel comfortable having to rely on those 2 for goals at the moment, especially as I expect us to be playing CL football. While I expect both to do better next season Nije has no pedigree in front of goal and even Son has not shown that he can lead the line in this league against quality oppisition

Last edited:
I agree with Naija would want a better option than Dembele as second choice going in to next season

I do not feel comfortable having to rely on those 2 for goals at the moment, especially as I expect us to be playing CL football. While I expect both to do better next season Nije has no pedigree in front of goal and even Song has not shown that he can lead the line in this league against quality oppisition

We don't need to rely on them for goals. We have a good depth of goalscorers in the first team.

The problem with having three out and out strikers, is how good would the third choice player be and how much game time would they get.

It is possible of course that we could sign a striker and improve our bit of both options.

We don't need to rely on them for goals. We have a good depth of goalscorers in the first team.

The problem with having three out and out strikers, is how good would the third choice player be and how much game time would they get.

It is possible of course that we could sign a striker and improve our bit of both options.
You'd hardly call either Son or N'gie an out-and-out striker so it would be a major surprise if Poch were to be content to go into next season without at least one more top striker on the books.

I agree with Naija would want a better option than Dembele as second choice going in to next season

I agree that if we end up in a Champions League place we need better than him but I genuinely can't think of anyone who would be prepared to sit on the bench almost all the time who might be better.

Kane is without a doubt nailed on to start every game of significance next season barring injury & I can't see Poch ever using a 2 striker system. It's very hard to sell a place on the bench to any footballer, unless you offer a ton of cash, and Adebayor has proven that sometimes it's better to have no one than a leach.

Maybe someone with a better knowledge of European football than me can think of someone who would fit well. To be honest part of me would take Soldado just because he never complained once about missing out and he's guaranteed to work hard if nothing else.

I agree that if we end up in a Champions League place we need better than him but I genuinely can't think of anyone who would be prepared to sit on the bench almost all the time who might be better.

Kane is without a doubt nailed on to start every game of significance next season barring injury & I can't see Poch ever using a 2 striker system. It's very hard to sell a place on the bench to any footballer, unless you offer a ton of cash, and Adebayor has proven that sometimes it's better to have no one than a leach.

Maybe someone with a better knowledge of European football than me can think of someone who would fit well. To be honest part of me would take Soldado just because he never complained once about missing out and he's guaranteed to work hard if nothing else.

I think we have enough games over a season to keep a good level striker happy as a rotation option

You'd hardly call either Son or N'gie an out-and-out striker so it would be a major surprise if Poch were to be content to go into next season without at least one more top striker on the books.

I think that you have misunderstood what I wrote. I fully expect us to sign a striker in the summer. What I don't expect is for us to sign two, so that we have three players for one place.

I think that you have misunderstood what I wrote. I fully expect us to sign a striker in the summer. What I don't expect is for us to sign two, so that we have three players for one place.

Indeed and that was the point I was trying to make earlier. Two strikers plus Son and Nije is enough for us.

Well if the 19 year old striker is our "third" striker for instance he would be eased in with sub appearances and league cup appearances.

And I note nobody used the term "out and out" striker, because if Berahino was our third striker he could also play in a three behind a central striker as well as with a player like a Kane.

The problem is that people on here seem to assume that Potch will never play 2 strikers when he has indicated that is not the case. I think it is a naive view to believe that if we had two excellent striker when Potch joined us he would never have considered playing them together. The truth is when he joined us we had

Harry Kane who was unproven, Sadaldo who was just pants and Ade who was good depending on his mood

Well if the 19 year old striker is our "third" striker for instance he would be eased in with sub appearances and league cup appearances.

And I note nobody used the term "out and out" striker, because if Berahino was our third striker he could also play in a three behind a central striker as well as with a player like a Kane.

The problem is that people on here seem to assume that Potch will never play 2 strikers when he has indicated that is not the case. I think it is a naive view to believe that if we had two excellent striker when Potch joined us he would never have considered playing them together. The truth is when he joined us we had

Harry Kane who was unproven, Sadaldo who was just pants and Ade who was good depending on his mood

In which case, I think that we are arguing at cross purposes. I could see us signing a player like Berahino, who can do a bit of both, in addition to a striker but it would probably mean one of Chadli, Son or N'Jie moving on.

With regards to Poch playing two up top. Poch himself has described the way he has played Kane and Chadli in some games as being two up top, so I certainly don't discount it happening again.

Back