• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

As long as Poch is still smiling that's fine! From memory he said something towards the end of last season about having players in in time for the US tour, and I'm guessing we fly out soon. Levy and Poch are both critical for the club, and fundamental to our success - just hope Poch is happy and is aligned with our approach

He said it would be best to have them in ASAP, it was never clear what being brave ever meant.

A lot of people took both statements to mean what they wanted, mostly an absolute "Poch is going to go ape brick if our business isnt done right now!" and "We're getting Bale!"

Unsurprisingly these are the very same people now having a major melt down in the various corners of Spurs forums around the tinternet.

Poch knows very well how hard it is to get players, and IMO his statement was more a "It would be ideal if.... " more than a "I WANT IT NOW!"

Brave? That could mean just about anything, couldnt it? Spending big on big names, or selling off and replacing the old guard, or going for a more radical change in system and buying to facilitate that, or - even - not buying anyone! So I guess time will tell on that.

As to transfers in general, I actually think we are in something of a luxurious position. As much as we need to improve the squad, and as great as it would be to get players in early, if we start the season with the same 11 that finished last, we are absolutely fine.

That 11 is good enough to beat anyone. So if players do come in late, and take a while to come into the team - while of course not ideal - its hardly the end of the world.

I think sometimes we Spurs fans are still stuck mentally in the days where we had 3 or 4 major issues in the team and not patching them was an immediate disaster. Its actually been a while since that was the case...

Last edited:
He said it would be best to have them in ASAP, it was never clear what being brave ever meant.

A lot of people took both statements to mean what they wanted, mostly an absolute "Poch is going to go ape brick if our business isnt done right now!" and "We're getting Bale!"

Unsurprisingly these are the very same people now having a major melt down in the various corners of Spurs forums around the tinternet.

Poch knows very well how hard it is to get players, and IMO his statement was more a "It would be ideal if.... " more than a "I WANT IT NOW!"

Brave? That could mean just about anything, couldnt it? Spending big on big names, or selling off and replacing the old guard, or going for a more radical change in system and buying to facilitate that, or - even - not buying anyone! So I guess time will tell on that.

As to transfers in general, I actually think we are in something of a luxurious position. As much as we need to improve the squad, and as great as it would be to get players in early, if we start the season with the same 11 that finished last, we are absolutely fine.

That 11 is good enough to beat anyone. So if players do come in late, and take a while to come into the team - while of course not ideal - its hardly the end of the world.

I think sometimes we Spurs fans are still stuck mentally in the days where we had 3 or 4 major issues in the team and not patching them was an immediate disaster. Its actually been a while since that was the case...

Standing still however whilst Liverpool, City, Utd all add to their squads with quality, is a dangerous strategy.

We hear that every summer, and every year we get better while others regress or standstill. Expensive signings don't equal progress, and often the opposite

Not quite correct though is it

Last season we finished with less points than the year before. Emirates Marketing Project, man Utd finished with more points than their previous season, Liverpool about the same iirc

A couple of weeks will not turn him into the system that Poch wants, or do you think it will?

As someone pointed out in another thread recently it is not a case of what I want it is what Poch wants, so I will answer you in his own words:

Our new players need six or seven months to adapt themselves to the team, the dynamics, everything. And that is always against us. It is important to identify our transfer targets and on 3 July, when we start preseason, have them here. If not, it's so difficult for them to help the team. And during the season, you're going to pay.

Not quite correct though is it

Last season we finished with less points than the year before. Emirates Marketing Project, man Utd finished with more points than their previous season, Liverpool about the same iirc
At Wembley you twit. At Wembley

As someone pointed out in another thread recently it is not a case of what I want it is what Poch wants, so I will answer you in his own words:

Our new players need six or seven months to adapt themselves to the team, the dynamics, everything. And that is always against us. It is important to identify our transfer targets and on 3 July, when we start preseason, have them here. If not, it's so difficult for them to help the team. And during the season, you're going to pay.

So as i said a couple of weeks in a period of six or seven months is not going to make that big a difference.

Arguably true

But keeping your best players is important too, especially the younger players who are improving

Doesn't sound like Toby will be here next season so we aren't even keeping our best players.

We hear that every summer, and every year we get better while others regress or standstill. Expensive signings don't equal progress, and often the opposite

Nowhere did I say signings had to be expensive. Grealish (as we're in his thread) isn't expensive. I just don't want us to go into another season with Llorente and Sissoko as first team squad names. We can and have to do better than that unless we are happy finishing well off the pace.

Doesn't sound like Toby will be here next season so we aren't even keeping our best players.

Nowhere did I say signings had to be expensive. Grealish (as we're in his thread) isn't expensive. I just don't want us to go into another season with Llorente and Sissoko as first team squad names. We can and have to do better than that unless we are happy finishing well off the pace.

Has Toby left and I’ve missed that?

Because we haven’t sold anyone to need to replace them

I’m sure we have a plan if we sell a player
I hope we dont have to sell a player before we can bring someone in tbh. That policy would be a hinderance, we need to start acting like one of the big boys everything is in place now. Get our targets in then shift the deadwood.....

Back