• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

He won’t sign one IMO

Wouldn't see it unless he sees a way for him and Maddison to play together at least some of the time.

The narrative around him is a little OTT, he played well for a spell under Jose, then struggled with injuries and never quite found his way back. But even when not producing for us, he did on loan in Spain and continues to do so for Argentina, the comparison with Ndombele who couldn't get regular game time anywhere is little disingenuous

its 2 good games. Bit early. But he will play a lot of games with Maddison out, if he carries on like this then who knows how we as a club and him as a player will feel.

When is his contract up?

Ndombele I wish we could give away. Shocking waste of talent.
I would guess he has 18 months left.

Really played well through the press, better than Bissouma. IMO, he should start over Bissouma even when Maddison is fit. Our range of passing will be disgusting with both of them.

The longer range shooting is something we lack. Off th top of my head the guys who are good at it in the squad are Son and Maddison. Sarr is very willing to shoot and actually has a good shot on him but we haven't really seen it yet in a Spurs shirt. GLC seems decent from just outside the box as does Johnson. Beyond them I can't think of many willing and able to shoot on target. Hopefully there are some players that have slipped my mind and we start to see some more attempts made.
Kulu can. Just needs to do it more

GLC (Not greater london council) has the skill and vision to switch us on and take the shot. I hope he gets more confidence now, he has been a difference - but late on in games, he does look a tad knackered. I can see Ange using him more and more, even when Madders is back, what a way to keep the oppo guessing.

Really played well through the press, better than Bissouma. IMO, he should start over Bissouma even when Maddison is fit. Our range of passing will be disgusting with both of them.
Think it will depend on opposition, but I'd like to see both together.

GLC (Not greater london council) has the skill and vision to switch us on and take the shot. I hope he gets more confidence now, he has been a difference - but late on in games, he does look a tad knackered. I can see Ange using him more and more, even when Madders is back, what a way to keep the oppo guessing.

He hasn't had consistent game time in a long time, and he's covering a lot of ground, that kind of match fitness will take some time to get back to.

Ange is saving us money. Players many of us thought were gonners are fitting in well to this system. its great to see. I always has a soft spot for Lo Celso so id be happy if it works out. What a weird turnaround it would be though.
ditto this - Gio is such a baller when he's in the mood.

yeah the two of them in the same team is going to be really interesting. Also possibly difficult as they both like to loiter left-ish of centre. Ange will work it out I'm sure.

Think it will depend on opposition, but I'd like to see both together.

He hasn't had consistent game time in a long time, and he's covering a lot of ground, that kind of match fitness will take some time to get back to.
With how long Madders will be out, Gio will get games I feel and have more impact as his fitness improves. I do wonder how Ange will accommodate/use them both. It's going to be fun!

Guessing he was benched for several reasons. Not overplaying him and causing another injury being one of them. Sarr being back of course gave us another quality option in midfield.

Good to have options and options on the bench with real quality even with Maddison and Bentancur missing through injury. GLC will keep getting game time until Maddison is back at the very least.

With how well Kulusevski is doing in that role I wouldn't be entirely shocked if GLC was allowed to leave towards the end of the January window though.

Guessing he was benched for several reasons. Not overplaying him and causing another injury being one of them. Sarr being back of course gave us another quality option in midfield.

Good to have options and options on the bench with real quality even with Maddison and Bentancur missing through injury. GLC will keep getting game time until Maddison is back at the very least.

With how well Kulusevski is doing in that role I wouldn't be entirely shocked if GLC was allowed to leave towards the end of the January window though.

It was interesting tactically

- The Son/Richi play gave us a finisher out wide plus a focal point
- Taking GLC out removed a goal threat from outside box (we have very few of those) and potentially hurt our possession control and progression (Sarr and Bissouma compensated)

But I do think he's nowhere near match fit yet and with the quick games, it was part caution

Injured in training, will miss Forest :( seems to be constantly fighting against his body, shame as he was once again looking like reigniting his Spurs career...

Hopefully that doesn't stop Barca coming in for him.

Rumours they are looking to offload Raphina - should we be thinking about striking a deal there? He looked class at Leeds and if memory serves he played in a way that'd suit Ange

H

Hopefully we are saving him for his Barca medical !
I like Lo Celso, always have. But he is not going to be first choice. And so he will never be happy. Back in spain and especially at Barca would probably be top of his want list. We need another tricky winger with speed and maybe the prem is better suited for Raphina. That is a swap I would do all day long.

Back