• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

we're due one of these players we signed with so much fan fair and flopped turning around. He's good enough and works hard enough to be a fixture in the team, and as we get some of the better players back around him he should get better and better.

Definitely worth taking any media comments about Ange wanting rid with a pinch of salt - a month back he was being sold in January cos he didn't fit in the manager's thinking - the way that Dier and Hojberg are being used indicates what happens to those players with Ange - Goldie Looking Chain might have a big part to play in this season for us!
GLC is a good player but cannot be relied upon to stay fit.
Someone like Hojbjerg can stay fit for a whole season, GLC can't stay fit for a few games in a row with a week's break

GLC is a good player but cannot be relied upon to stay fit.
Someone like Hojbjerg can stay fit for a whole season, GLC can't stay fit for a few games in a row with a week's break

That is the test

- To me it's the reason that Sessegnon needs to be moved on, regardless of if you think he has the ability (I don't with Sess), he can't stay fit enough to make an impact.

Gio has to stay fit between now and when Maddison returns, if he can, and he stays in form as well, it changes the perspective.

I am probably one of his biggest critics but admit he played well in Villa game, I hope he makes the most of the opportunity he's getting to rebuild his time with us and show us he wants to be here, something I believe he's yet to prove.

I have said it before but the guy has got talent for sure, IF he can stay fit he may beable to show the doubters as well. I really hope he can do that.
Talent for sure. And now perhaps a good fit for the system for the first time in quite a while.

Think there's a very good chance he'll be sold come the summer. Even if he plays well, he'll probably want to go somewhere where he can be first choice.

But for now, if he can stay fit, he seems a very good squad player to have.

I am probably one of his biggest critics but admit he played well in Villa game, I hope he makes the most of the opportunity he's getting to rebuild his time with us and show us he wants to be here, something I believe he's yet to prove.
This is the key, his technical ability isn't in question (from most people anyway) but more so his attitude. I think it's too simplistic to suggest he doesnt care etc which he is often accused of but fair enough from the outside looking in it can appear that way. For whatever reason he has all too frequently been injured and then come international week he is available again which for us Spurs fans is frustrating.

But as a professional footballer I refuse to believe he simply doesn't care about playing, for us in one of the best leagues in the world. Also worth considering that for the most part he has been coached under defence minded managers, I'm sure he is more eager to play under Ange. And lets not forget, during pre season he was looking good - yes just pre season but he was standing out, and Ange referenced him specifically for the coming season. If he can get some momentum whilst Maddison is out, I'm not as convinced as some that he will be on his way out this summer.....

I think the no.8 or no.10 roll is his favoured position, where we will see the best of him. He's happiest when he's involved in the game 100% of the time. He likes to keep his mind active.

None of this playing him from the side as we have previous seasons.

With the speedsters like Son and BJ (and Porro and Udogie)...I trust him to feed their runs.

I heard the commentary say that was his third goal for us in the premier league.. so two in his last two is a great step up 😁

Gio's been handed a great chance to show what he can do and, so far, he's making the most of it.

There were a couple of times today where I saw him looking slow to track back but never had him pegged as a defensive lynchpin. Think he's well suited to being Maddison's understudy and a good choice when we need attacking options late on. I also like his feisty, abrasive nature. Bit of the old Lamela attitude in him. Takes no schitt, isn't afraid to start - or continue - a ruckus. Well maintains our tradition of bringing in good Argentine talent.

Gio's been handed a great chance to show what he can do and, so far, he's making the most of it.

There were a couple of times today where I saw him looking slow to track back but never had him pegged as a defensive lynchpin. Think he's well suited to being Maddison's understudy and a good choice when we need attacking options late on. I also like his feisty, abrasive nature. Bit of the old Lamela attitude in him. Takes no schitt, isn't afraid to start - or continue - a ruckus. Well maintains our tradition of bringing in good Argentine talent.
But it was Kulu and not Lo Celso who started in Maddison's position both last week and today.

By the way when fit he always starts for Argentina but never in the number 10 position the way Maddison does for us.

But it was Kulu and not Lo Celso who started in Maddison's position both last week and today.

By the way when fit he always starts for Argentina but never in the number 10 position the way Maddison does for us.
Well he's not a 10 in the traditional sense, he's an attack minded passing CM. He's struggled when our coaches have instead tried to play him as a 10 (he doesn't have the direct dribbling or strength for it, and his killer pass isn't quite deadly enough imo).

I kind of disagree that Maddison plays as a 10 for us. He's our left sided CM with license to roam. If you look at all the heat maps and even just the his positioning on the pitch we play an inverted triangle in midfield with Bissouma at the base with Sarr and Maddison ahead each biasing to the left or right hand side.

Lo Celso can and does play that role, but what happened is that we changed our setup a little bit in the absence of Sarr and Maddison so now we are playing someone in the 10 as seen in the last two matches. Interestingly Kulu didn't really play through the middle on attack, I looked at his heat map and he basically never registered there in the city half but he definitely was in the centre in the defensive phase. He seemed to still be biasing to the right hand side when we actually had controlled possession in the first half (a rare occurrence).

Ultimately I'd rather keep GLC for times like these when we need an alternative or an additional attacking passer to help change a game. Ange has always spoken quite well of him so I think he is really going get his chance to shine.

Well he's not a 10 in the traditional sense, he's an attack minded passing CM. He's struggled when our coaches have instead tried to play him as a 10 (he doesn't have the direct dribbling or strength for it, and his killer pass isn't quite deadly enough imo).

I kind of disagree that Maddison plays as a 10 for us. He's our left sided CM with license to roam. If you look at all the heat maps and even just the his positioning on the pitch we play an inverted triangle in midfield with Bissouma at the base with Sarr and Maddison ahead each biasing to the left or right hand side.

Lo Celso can and does play that role, but what happened is that we changed our setup a little bit in the absence of Sarr and Maddison so now we are playing someone in the 10 as seen in the last two matches. Interestingly Kulu didn't really play through the middle on attack, I looked at his heat map and he basically never registered there in the city half but he definitely was in the centre in the defensive phase. He seemed to still be biasing to the right hand side when we actually had controlled possession in the first half (a rare occurrence).

Ultimately I'd rather keep GLC for times like these when we need an alternative or an additional attacking passer to help change a game. Ange has always spoken quite well of him so I think he is really going get his chance to shine.
I’d keep GLC because he can play right or left as long as it’s in front of a DM
He will leave in the summer though as I’m sure he won’t sign a new contract and IIRC he will have a year left then

Yea I agree, the formation has been tweaked a bit tge last couple of games.

Normally:

———Biss———
Sarr————Mads

Now it’s more like:

—Biss——GLC—
———Kulu———

Back