• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

I don't get this guy.
Doesn't score, doesn't assist, doesn't dominate the midfield area, doesn't transit the ball well from defence to attack on regular basis, not a great set-piece taker.
Still somehow gets playing time ahead of Ndombele and plays in start for Argentina.

Hasn't really had a regular run of games. Not saying he is going to be a world beater, but under Jose, in his first season, he was one of our best performers. So the ability his there.

Yes, and he's becoming a bit of a spacegoat or someone people like to pick on. He's had a lot of poor games, but he's doing amazing things for Argentina, so maybe we should try to build the player up and give him our support instead of moaning every time he's had a bad pass or whatever.

Yes, and he's becoming a bit of a spacegoat or someone people like to pick on. He's had a lot of poor games, but he's doing amazing things for Argentina, so maybe we should try to build the player up and give him our support instead of moaning every time he's had a bad pass or whatever.
No chance of that

Hopefully the groans form our travelling support didn’t negatively affect his aura!

I’m on the whole disappointed but you can ad a few to that list.
Let’s hope Conte can enthuse those who feel below par

Hasn't really had a regular run of games. Not saying he is going to be a world beater, but under Jose, in his first season, he was one of our best performers. So the ability his there.

I don’t think he has done enough personally, he doesn’t have any particular standout qualities. Modric didn’t assist or score much but he controlled the game and often got attacks started. Lo Celso falls into the same category of a lot of our players, not irredeemable or useless but haven’t made the position their own; Alli, Ndombele, Dier, Moura. All can be upgraded on with various degrees of difficulty. At the very least, GLC and Ndombele need help in the form of more signings who can actually create because neither of them are either good enough or consistent enough to perform that role by themselves. Let’s face it, we relied almost solely on Eriksen and the full backs to create and if Eriksen wasn’t on form we struggled. So we need to learn from that and bring in more than one player who can orchestrate things. Not saying it will be easy but we have a dearth of creativity which needs fixing.

We can live in hope, sadly when some fans have decided they do not rate a player it usually does not change despite how well they do.

We can live in hope, sadly when some fans have decided they do not rate a player it usually does not change despite how well they do.

I agree with that, but there seems little similarity to the way he plays for us and with Argentina, you could say hes with better players, he seems to be playing in second gear. Players need to play often to build a rhythm to their own game and that's something hes never done here. He has not forced our managers to pick him and with his skill he should be.

I agree with that, but there seems little similarity to the way he plays for us and with Argentina, you could say hes with better players, he seems to be playing in second gear. Players need to play often to build a rhythm to their own game and that's something hes never done here. He has not forced our managers to pick him and with his skill he should be.

Fair points and i I can't dance, however he has been pushed out wide in a lot of games and that is not where he turns it on for Argentina. I hope that we will give him a run of games through the middle ( and he can stay fit which has been a problem for him). We shall see.

He plays a very different role for Argentina to how we play him
It’s (IMO) nothing to do with the players he is playing with and a mix of the way we use him and confidence he has when playing for us

we have seen many players do better when back with their country sides before. It’s familiarity and confidence IMO

Back