• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Anyway glad to see that we have completed the move and i hope he becomes a top player for us, he has shown up well so far.

Thoughts?

As I said in recent days. A decent 45 mins against Norwich is far from enough in over half of season (of mainly cameo appearances admittedly) for me to think he's the answer to our creative need. I get the loan scenarios which pushed Levy into making it happen this window to save money, surprise surprise.

I hope he proves to be as good as some of you think but I haven't seen it yet. Last thing we need is an Ozil type who batters relegation fodder teams and fails to compete against proper teams. Otherwise we can look forward to a return to mid table finishes.

Nope
You ain’t from oz

For the record I'm English. Currently in Mexico though. Before you start posting about how wrong other posters are and how clever you are, how about wind your neck in and stop tossing yourself off about 45 mins from a player (against the bottom team in the league) who is supposedly the new Maradona.

For the record I'm English. Currently in Mexico though. Before you start posting about how wrong other posters are and how clever you are, how about wind your neck in and stop tossing yourself off about 45 mins from a player (against the bottom team in the league) who is supposedly the new Maradona.

wind you neck in... can’t get more English than that I suppose

and of course I’m wondering who has called him the new maradona

People shouldn't use others opinions on GG to show how right they are. I completely understand the support the players approach. I supported and still do, Lamela through many baron years and long injuries. I made my initial comment on GLC after watching him struggle to adapt to the Premier league and CL over the course of enough games for him to flourish. Ndombele didn't need more than a couple of minutes for me to see he has the ability to succeed in this team. I hope GLC proves me wrong. He has looked better in the last two games but I'm yet to be convinced when it's been against the teams competing for the top six places. Hopefully Leipzig is his breakthrough moment in my eyes because they're definitely a good team.

As I said in recent days. A decent 45 mins against Norwich is far from enough in over half of season (of mainly cameo appearances admittedly) for me to think he's the answer to our creative need. I get the loan scenarios which pushed Levy into making it happen this window to save money, surprise surprise.

I hope he proves to be as good as some of you think but I haven't seen it yet. Last thing we need is an Ozil type who batters relegation fodder teams and fails to compete against proper teams. Otherwise we can look forward to a return to mid table finishes.

I think that Lo Celso has comfortably been our best player this month

People shouldn't use others opinions on GG to show how right they are. I completely understand the support the players approach. I supported and still do, Lamela through many baron years and long injuries. I made my initial comment on GLC after watching him struggle to adapt to the Premier league and CL over the course of enough games for him to flourish. Ndombele didn't need more than a couple of minutes for me to see he has the ability to succeed in this team. I hope GLC proves me wrong. He has looked better in the last two games but I'm yet to be convinced when it's been against the teams competing for the top six places. Hopefully Leipzig is his breakthrough moment in my eyes because they're definitely a good team.

8 starts for us so far in all competitions, 5-6 before he started impressing? So 5-6 starts its enough for a player to flourish in a new league?

I think that's barely enough time to get going personally. That's not factoring in the overall messy season including a change of manager.

I also think the jury is still out, but there are definitely positive signs. He seems well suited to the PL. Hopefully he'll continue to prove your assessment premature and wrong.

For me he was our best player vs Sheffield United too
Comfortably the best player on the pitch. His close control and passing was excellent

A way off comparison.

And best player on the park on Saturday at St Marys

Back