• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

We desperately need pace and physicality in our CBS
Neither can offer that either
And I think Romero is woeful in the air so someone has to be able to command the device aerially
Both VVD and Tapsoba are big guys but I haven’t seen enough of either to comment on how they fit… but both are much faster than what we have for sure
It’s why I was a bit peeved that we didn’t seriously go in for Ndicka.

But equally they were our 2 playmakers, brought in just before we switched to 3 anti-football managers who didn't use passing players. I think it's fair to take a jury's out standpoint.

For me - He never fancied it. Every time we needed him, he was unavailable for one reason or another. Then a week or two later, available for Argentina. Over and over and over again. PL was too much for him imo.

Yet we are going to ridicule Dier and Lenglet for playing in an anti football team that doesn’t suit them and constantly being under pressure for 90 minutes of a game. It’s amazing how people look at things completely different when it comes to certain players.

Fair comment.

I think most could see he is a good player despite being painfully one footed but he just doesn't appear to me to want to put the team first. The whole ethos of a good team is that players put personal needs aside, he didn't look happy when playing and no one likes working with a miserable sod.
Romero too last season. I think it was because there was a real determination by Argentina players to win the world cup with Messi.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

Romero too last season. I think it was because there was a real determination by Argentina players to win the world cup with Messi.

I think the world cup and Conte's illness were the major factors in our implosion last season, the football wasn't great but we were in contention until that break and the whole focus seemed to be lost after that.

I think the world cup and Conte's illness were the major factors in our implosion last season, the football wasn't great but we were in contention until that break and the whole focus seemed to be lost after that.
The World Cup and CL affected teams that had players in both comps
No coincidence that three teams made top 4 that weren’t on the CL and comparably had fewer players in the WC than the teams that we’re in the CL
City winning all 3 cups shows how important depth and a lack of drop off of quality is

I agree with this, but just want to add that having games in hand made our table position look better than it actually was. At some point, we had played 3-4 more matches than teams right below us when we were in 4th.
In other words, things looked better than they actually were and we were out of contention a bit earlier than most of us thought or realized.

Thoughts from Ange after the friendly.

“You don't have to go to Spain mate,” he said in his post-match press conference.

“You can just ask me. Yeah, I like Gio.

“He fits the way we play. I enjoy working with him and he seems to enjoy working with us.”

Looks like he's staying this season and I think that makes sense. I've said before I do think he was mismanaged (along with injuries) at Spurs and so was never able to really get a rhythm going.

Let's see if Ange can make a difference where Mourinho couldn't and Conte didn't even try.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Thoughts from Ange after the friendly.

“You don't have to go to Spain mate,” he said in his post-match press conference.

“You can just ask me. Yeah, I like Gio.

“He fits the way we play. I enjoy working with him and he seems to enjoy working with us.”

Looks like he's staying this season and I think that makes sense. I've said before I do think he was mismanaged (along with injuries) at Spurs and so was never able to really get a rhythm going.

Let's see if Ange can make a difference where Mourinho couldn't and Conte didn't even try.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Yep. And with a group of Skipp, Sarr, Bisouma, Maddison, Bentancur, GLC and Devine I think we have a decent balance and good depth. 7 CMs for the 3 positions, which makes sense given Bisouma/Sarr have ANC in January.

We can therefore sell PEH without necessarily needing a replacement, and also sell/loan Ndombele and White.

Perhaps loan out Devine in late Jan once Bentancur has recovered and Bisouma/Sarr are back

Yep. And with a group of Skipp, Sarr, Bisouma, Maddison, Bentancur, GLC and Devine I think we have a decent balance and good depth. 7 CMs for the 3 positions, which makes sense given Bisouma/Sarr have ANC in January.

We can therefore sell PEH without necessarily needing a replacement, and also sell/loan Ndombele and White.

Perhaps loan out Devine in late Jan once Bentancur has recovered and Bisouma/Sarr are back

Devine needs a loan from the start of the season, that boy needs games to keep progressing. White can be the cover, 6th reserve.

He needs to learn his trade and get regular gametime. Hindering his development will just hurt us in the long term.

Some young players go on loan, some don't.

I dont think there's any correlation between those who do/don't and are successful/fail

Hope we keep him ( Lo Celso)and he gets a injury free run, there is a player there ( imo) and if Ange can get him playing the way he can then it will be good to see.
I’ve got massive misgivings…. Would love to be wrong but it has looked to me as though Lo Celso is completely unsuited to PL football…. Slow, weak and horribly one footed. He might have the time to work the ball on to his only foot in these half paced pre season friendlies against weak opposition but that is completely different to games in the premier league.

I’ve got massive misgivings…. Would love to be wrong but it has looked to me as though Lo Celso is completely unsuited to PL football…. Slow, weak and horribly one footed. He might have the time to work the ball on to his only foot in these half paced pre season friendlies against weak opposition but that is completely different to games in the premier league.
Lo celso thrives in tight spaces. One touch and quick darts into space. From the pre season games the ball goes through him much quicker than maddison, who is good in a different way (ball carrying attacking threat)

Would you concede that the managers he played for here were also ones that played slow, ponderous football that may. may, have caused some players that the late great Poch wanted to struggle

hus injuries are a worry for me as they were frequent when here but not in the sunshine of Spain
But we have seen games that when fit and playing as focal point he has driven parts of games that we have been lacking in

You may be right but i hope Ange gives him the chance to show what he can do with the talent he has, time will tell i guess.

Back