• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

I would see Sarr as more of a 6 than an 8
I kind of agree, but he's a more playmaking 6 type rather than just the dogged defensive type. I actually think he can play as an 8 also. I think he will grow into someone quite similar to Bentancur. We haven't seen a ton of it but the boy really has a great eye and a great range of passing. He's also a good runner with the ball. I see him as a hybrid 6/8 capable of playing both roles.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

It is traditional, mate.
That damn competition again! Don’t know why they have to stage it every 2 years.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that for many years FIFA treated African countries with contempt, and as recent as 1978 the continent had only one place in the WC. Africa had to hold the tournament every 2 years because that was our main outlet for tournament football.

I kind of agree, but he's a more playmaking 6 type rather than just the dogged defensive type. I actually think he can play as an 8 also. I think he will grow into someone quite similar to Bentancur. We haven't seen a ton of it but the boy really has a great eye and a great range of passing. He's also a good runner with the ball. I see him as a hybrid 6/8 capable of playing both roles.

I do not necessarily disagree with you, I just feel he is a very different type of player in comparison to Devine

Viera esque

If Ange wants him, this GLC display really opens up some questions. He was really good. As for Sarr, I think he can play 6 and 8, yet another reason he is so valuable. He too was really good IMO
I think the issue with GLC is the same as Tanguy
Can they stay fit and motivated
Do have to wonder if the new brand of football may want them to play more of course as it suits their games

That damn competition again! Don’t know why they have to stage it every 2 years.

I may be wrong but I think the timing of the competion has put off a lot of the big clubs in PL going for African players and may have restricted the development of many. There have been fewer each season and most have been with teams who are not competing for throphies. There were too many incidents of players not returning on time which hasn't helped.

I think most could see he is a good player despite being painfully one footed but he just doesn't appear to me to want to put the team first. The whole ethos of a good team is that players put personal needs aside, he didn't look happy when playing and no one likes working with a miserable sod.

And so it begins, 1 good performance in a pre season Friendly and everyone forgets about his attitude and lack of motivation in his previous spells with us. The same is happening with Ndombele at the moment and that guy hasn’t even played a game yet.

I may be wrong but I think the timing of the competion has put off a lot of the big clubs in PL going for African players and may have restricted the development of many. There have been fewer each season and most have been with teams who are not competing for throphies. There were too many incidents of players not returning on time which hasn't helped.

It's 4 games maximum they miss, so a maximum average (assuming qualification and progression to later stages) of 2 per season. It's also during the winter break for European competitions and most other European leagues. It's pretty insignificant in terms of impact on club teams.

And so it begins, 1 good performance in a pre season Friendly and everyone forgets about his attitude and lack of motivation in his previous spells with us. The same is happening with Ndombele at the moment and that guy hasn’t even played a game yet.

But equally they were our 2 playmakers, brought in just before we switched to 3 anti-football managers who didn't use passing players. I think it's fair to take a jury's out standpoint.

But equally they were our 2 playmakers, brought in just before we switched to 3 anti-football managers who didn't use passing players. I think it's fair to take a jury's out standpoint.
Yet we are going to ridicule Dier and Lenglet for playing in an anti football team that doesn’t suit them and constantly being under pressure for 90 minutes of a game. It’s amazing how people look at things completely different when it comes to certain players.

Yet we are going to ridicule Dier and Lenglet for playing in an anti football team that doesn’t suit them and constantly being under pressure for 90 minutes of a game. It’s amazing how people look at things completely different when it comes to certain players.

I've always given our defenders (and keeper) leeway for that. Defending is probabilities, and the more you have to defend, the more you'll make errors/concede.

Personally I feel Lenglet would struggle in a higher line, because of his pace, so I don't see him being a silver bullet in the new approach.

Ange's high line won't suit Dier and Lenglet either.

It's 4 games maximum they miss, so a maximum average (assuming qualification and progression to later stages) of 2 per season. It's also during the winter break for European competitions and most other European leagues. It's pretty insignificant in terms of impact on club teams.

That's why I qualified it by mentioning PL, it is not insignificant to lose a key player for any time and there is the possibility of picking up an injury. I'm not suggesting the medical treatment may not be any good only that the it might be focused on quick fix to be ready for next game rather than long term. The winter break might make it easier but then you have the problem of player being over played. We know how our seasons went down the pan after mid season world cup.

Ange's high line won't suit Dier and Lenglet either.
We desperately need pace and physicality in our CBS
Neither can offer that either
And I think Romero is woeful in the air so someone has to be able to command the device aerially
Both VVD and Tapsoba are big guys but I haven’t seen enough of either to comment on how they fit… but both are much faster than what we have for sure

Back