• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Hope we can sell him asap tbh. Plays well for Argentina and did well for Villarreal but just hasn’t done it for us consistently for whatever reason. Too injury prone, one-footed and doesn’t have any standout strengths to his game.

There's a reason Messi said Lo Celso was his best team mate in Argentina. We could have a new signing on our hands here. Seems to fit Ange's system very well.

There's a reason Messi said Lo Celso was his best team mate in Argentina. We could have a new signing on our hands here. Seems to fit Ange's system very well.

Indeed, while one should not get carried away by a second half performance in a friendly, there is no denying that Lo Celso is more amenable to Angeball the Mourinho and Conte's defensive low block.

So our number 8 options are Maddison, Bentancur, Sarr, GLC and Devine
Number 6s being Skipp and Bisouma

Sell Ndombele and PEH?

Will be interesting to see how it settles down as there's at least two extra bodies to the number which we need above. We don't need all 9 of them

Sell Ndombele and PEH?

Will be interesting to see how it settles down as there's at least two extra bodies to the number which we need above. We don't need all 9 of them

I'd still swap GLC for Scott if we get a decent offer

Send Devine on loan two - he's only ever played 2 adult games in his career so far, and we'll have no early round European games to blood him in

Indeed, while one should not get carried away by a second half performance in a friendly, there is no denying that Lo Celso is more amenable to Angeball the Mourinho and Conte's defensive low block.

Exactly. He was bought to fit into a system that just collapsed. I just hope he hasn't had his spirit crushed and doesn't want to play for us.

I'd still swap GLC for Scott if we get a decent offer

Send Devine on loan two - he's only ever played 2 adult games in his career so far, and we'll have no early round European games to blood him in

Devine could force himself of Sarr in the pecking order. Think this system is ideal for him.

Also given Bentancur's injury and Bisouma/Sarr likely having ANC commitments in Jan, I cant see the benefit in being light in CM options

Exactly. He was bought to fit into a system that just collapsed. I just hope he hasn't had his spirit crushed and doesn't want to play for us.

Wasn't there talk that he didn't want to be here and many of the current squad wouldn't be sorry to see the back of him or did I imagine that?

Always thought he was tidy and he did have one very good spell under Mourinho just before Covid. That said, I was certain he was finished here. It would be a Lazarus type comeback for him to turn it around.

Wasn't there talk that he didn't want to be here and many of the current squad wouldn't be sorry to see the back of him or did I imagine that?

Always thought he was tidy and he did have one very good spell under Mourinho just before Covid. That said, I was certain he was finished here. It would be a Lazarus type comeback for him to turn it around.
Yea he was our best player for 2 or 3 months and we triggered the buy clause in the loan to buy contract off the back of that period. He almost instantly turned to crap with only the occasional flash of ability after that though.

Yea he was our best player for 2 or 3 months and we triggered the buy clause in the loan to buy contract off the back of that period. He almost instantly turned to crap with only the occasional flash of ability after that though.
Partially because Jose needed a RWF and GLC was the closest thing to one in the squad he kept shoehorning him into that role and it just doesn't suit his game. When he played proper CM for a few months that's where he shone and became a player we wanted to complete on.

Eventually Jose was fighting against the squads components because just like Conte he has a very specific way of playing and a preferred skillset for the players in those roles and he never really had what he wanted at Spurs so players like GLC suffered as they were made to make do.

His career at Spurs has been a victim of the lurching from one manager and his play style to another.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Partially because Jose needed a RWF and GLC was the closest thing to one in the squad he kept shoehorning him into that role and it just doesn't suit his game. When he played proper CM for a few months that's where he shone and became a player we wanted to complete on.

Eventually Jose was fighting against the squads components because just like Conte he has a very specific way of playing and a preferred skillset for the players in those roles and he never really had what he wanted at Spurs so players like GLC suffered as they were made to make do.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

My thoughts as well, he has talent i do not think any fair fan could disagree with that. Who knows but if Ange gives him a chance to play his game we will have a very skillful player on our hands.

Sell Ndombele and PEH?

It would make sense to send Devine on loan so he gets regular football

Devine could force himself of Sarr in the pecking order. Think this system is ideal for him.

Also given Bentancur's injury and Bisouma/Sarr likely having ANC commitments in Jan, I cant see the benefit in being light in CM options

That damn competition again! Don’t know why they have to stage it every 2 years.

Back