• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Neither of those say a bid has been accepted - just that's what we are offering.

That would be some climb down from Betis if the figures from the beginning of the summer were to be believed.

But they have his replacement already so they will have happy fans

Of course they have. I said yesterday I really believe the Dybala links (and to an extent Coutinho) are purely a smokescreen or a message to get Betis to pull their finger out.
Would certainly fit with the narrative that Spurs have refused to comment on the Dybala offer at present.

The problem will be that Dybala and Coutinho are both more fashionable names than Lo Celso, so any deal for him now will seem to many like a step down or third choice.
Fact is, Lo Celso seems to be a much better fit position-wise than either of the other two.

Dare I say it - we don't even really neeeeeeed Dybala!!?

I think It was supposed to be (and still is) Foyth. Even after him there is 2 in the squad. KWP might have gone on loan if Foyth wasn't injured. Not so sure now.

I like Foyth but it is much of a muchness with KWP for me. Both of them can do a job this season but will need a few seasons to reach a level we need now. Was hoping we could buy a stellar player there as it is one of the few positions where we could easily upgrade and improve the team. I can see them helping us into CL places again, but to actually win stuff I think we need a higher level. I won't be unhappy if we just get CL again this season but to push on we need to be doing more imo.

I like Foyth but it is much of a muchness with KWP for me. Both of them can do a job this season but will need a few seasons to reach a level we need now. Was hoping we could buy a stellar player there as it is one of the few positions where we could easily upgrade and improve the team. I can see them helping us into CL places again, but to actually win stuff I think we need a higher level. I won't be unhappy if we just get CL again this season but to push on we need to be doing more imo.
Agree, Foyth has good technical ability but he is hardly a dependable defender. KWP is still raw and has had some good moments and some not so good moments and Im yet to be convinced he is good enough (albeit in limited appearances). In short, both of them look like they can be got at - especially against the better teams and id worry about them being isolated against the better wing forwards in the league. For me Aurier is still the best we have right now and with an extended run in the side (if he gets injury free) could show us his best form.....

Feel like there is a lot going on behind the scenes with Aurier. Again he is a decent option but I would have liked more. Wan Bisaka basically.

Of course they have. I said yesterday I really believe the Dybala links (and to an extent Coutinho) are purely a smokescreen or a message to get Betis to pull their finger out.
Would certainly fit with the narrative that Spurs have refused to comment on the Dybala offer at present.

The problem will be that Dybala and Coutinho are both more fashionable names than Lo Celso, so any deal for him now will seem to many like a step down or third choice.
Fact is, Lo Celso seems to be a much better fit position-wise than either of the other two.

Dare I say it - we don't even really neeeeeeed Dybala!!?
You always want options, and you really can't have too many good players. You need at least 18-20 top class players. Currently we have about 15

2:27PM
Tottenham back in for Lo Celso
This just in from Matt Law. Tottenham have made a fresh bid for Giovani Lo Celso in the hope of clinching a deal ahead of tomorrow's deadline.

Tottenham have been refusing to match Real Betis' £65 million asking price for the 23 year-old, but, with time running out, chairman Daniel Levy has made a new proposal and it is believed that Spurs are now closer to the Betis valuation, and that Lo Celso is hopeful of an agreement being reached.

Meanwhile, Tottenham have held talks with Sporting Lisbon over Bruno Fernandes, but could not agree a fee for the Portuguese. However, interest in Fernandes remains.

Spurs are one of the clubs approached over the possibility of signing Philippe Coutinho on loan from Barcelona, while talks have taken place over Juventus forward Paolo Dybala. Deals for either Coutinho or Dybala would be difficult but not impossible to complete at this late stage.

Tottenham also remain in talks to sign Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon, with Josh Onomah lined up for a move in the opposite direction.

Every June I promise myself not to get caught up in the endless stream of gossip, rumour and flimflam of the transfer window, and every August I'm constantly visiting and refreshing this site hoping for confirmation that we actually signed someone.

I'm so weak.

Back