• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Still worried with the state of the squad with 2 days left in the window
Concern 1 - seemingly not re signing Llorente or a similar type of forward. The lack of ability to mix it up and go longer in Kanes absence will hurt us IMO. was a useful weapon in the CL run
Concern 2 - RB - it's the most obvious weak spot in the squad. Again.
Concern 3 - we're seemingly really trying to offload Eriksen before Thursday so we can get some money for him. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes and one of Lo Celso or Countinho or Fernandes comes in as his replacement. I don't necessarily think its a bad thing, but we have a lot to do in 48 hours and the risk of bids coming in after thursday from abroad.

I hate being negative but it does feel like our stock has never been higher and one or two quality signings would give us so much more heading in to this season. It's a tough market but there are players out there we could get who would really give us quality in depth.
Seems a recurring theme unfortunately. Although I still love Levy for how he's transformed our club.

Still worried with the state of the squad with 2 days left in the window
Concern 1 - seemingly not re signing Llorente or a similar type of forward. The lack of ability to mix it up and go longer in Kanes absence will hurt us IMO. was a useful weapon in the CL run
Concern 2 - RB - it's the most obvious weak spot in the squad. Again.
Concern 3 - we're seemingly really trying to offload Eriksen before Thursday so we can get some money for him. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes and one of Lo Celso or Countinho or Fernandes comes in as his replacement. I don't necessarily think its a bad thing, but we have a lot to do in 48 hours and the risk of bids coming in after thursday from abroad.

I hate being negative but it does feel like our stock has never been higher and one or two quality signings would give us so much more heading in to this season. It's a tough market but there are players out there we could get who would really give us quality in depth.

You could also add in Rose probably remaining as LB when we told him he could go, and our CB pairing appear to be running down their contracts Eriksen style.

There is a lot to do in 48 hours or we will certainly be starting the season in a weaker position than last.

There is a lot to do in 48 hours or we will certainly be starting the season in a weaker position than last.

We really don't, we've addressed the biggest issue in the squad which was an adequate replacement for Dembele. Llorente and Trippier offered little last season and so losing them is not a big loss. If we bring in a couple more players, I will be happy with our incoming business. The failure is the same as last summer, not moving on players that the manager no longer wants. This is what is holding up our signings.

We really don't, we've addressed the biggest issue in the squad which was an adequate replacement for Dembele. Llorente and Trippier offered little last season and so losing them is not a big loss. If we bring in a couple more players, I will be happy with our incoming business. The failure is the same as last summer, not moving on players that the manager no longer wants. This is what is holding up our signings.

How many games did they play between them? Seems strange that manager that we shall not question called upon them so much if we now apparently have players who are better options already knocking about.

RE the second bolded bit, we've sold Janssen, Vorm and Llorente off the books so plenty of wages saved. GK for sure and Wanyama (who just seems to be broken), who else are we trying to get rid of? The likes of Onomah and CCV aren't going to raise much funds.

I think (and not that it's his fault) the thing that has fudged us is the lack of a solution with the Eriksen situation, we don't even have adequate cover nevermind a replacement and those that theoretically could replace him aren't available half the time.

As for GLC, we're 1 out of 2 with PSG outcasts which isn't too bad but they've both been low fees, as for this guy........

If this is the final squad for this season a strong argument can be made that it’s the best squad the club has ever had.

I’m very happy with where we are, I don’t believe we’d move on Eriksen without securing a replacement.

CB pairing aging and both with 12 months, key creative contributor also 12 months left and vocal about wanting a new challenge, RB one perma-injured and two that haven't as of yet shown consistent performances at PL or CL level, No genuine competition for our main striker. Could go on but yeah, I love your optimism but I think 'Arry's team would comfortably beat ours now.

Without Llorente we arguably wouldn’t have made the CL Final. Trippier played a stack of games that we won and was another body to rotate, at the very least.

I’m confident we’ll get at least one more over the line - but I’ll be concerned if we don’t.

How many games did they play between them? Seems strange that manager that we shall not question called upon them so much if we now apparently have players who are better options already knocking about.

RE the second bolded bit, we've sold Janssen, Vorm and Llorente off the books so plenty of wages saved. GK for sure and Wanyama (who just seems to be broken), who else are we trying to get rid of? The likes of Onomah and CCV aren't going to raise much funds.

I think (and not that it's his fault) the thing that has fudged us is the lack of a solution with the Eriksen situation, we don't even have adequate cover nevermind a replacement and those that theoretically could replace him aren't available half the time.

As for GLC, we're 1 out of 2 with PSG outcasts which isn't too bad but they've both been low fees, as for this guy........

Bang on this bit. Although I think the Trippier thing was done with a view to using Foyth - who wasn't really recognised as a genuine RB option last year, so that was a adjustment to last years options so to speak.

I definitely think we need one more attacking option, particularly with a seemingly never ending list of injuries.

Can you post the amazon or iTunes link please? I’d like to buy them.

For ‘a friend’

They were banned after an incident at the cash point at Charing Cross station.

It is why i tell people you need more then a safe word because if your gagged you clearly can't speak.

Two circles of the little finger is enough to show distress.

Agree
But you can’t make people buy your cast offs

Agree
But you can’t make people buy your cast offs

No you can't but it is the biggest problem that we have. Poch wants a small squad and wants to freshen it up. We can't do that without shifting the players he no longer wants.

No you can't but it is the biggest problem that we have. Poch wants a small squad and wants to freshen it up. We can't do that without shifting the players he no longer wants.

I don’t get the small squad theory. He has never said that in anything I’ve seen or heard

No manager wants a small squad then complains he can’t name players in his squad like a Poch did last season for the CL for example

But shifting players is an issue... we have at least two we clearly don’t want now in NKodou and Wanyama that are taking up wages and have no current known suitors

Last edited:
I don’t get the small squad theory. He has never said that in anything I’ve seen or heard

No manager wants a small stud then complains he can’t name players in his squad like a Poch did last season for the CL for example

But shifting players is an issue... we have at least two we clearly don’t want now in NKodou and Wanyama that are taking up wages and have no current known suitors

:D

Neither of those say a bid has been accepted - just that's what we are offering.

That would be some climb down from Betis if the figures from the beginning of the summer were to be believed.

Neither of those say a bid has been accepted - just that's what we are offering.

That would be some climb down from Betis if the figures from the beginning of the summer were to be believed.
I'm sure I saw something else last night, but can't find it now. The gist was betis were having to buckle because the rest of their summer spending depended on it

Back