• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

If it happens to Spurs, you will be the first to call it 'sexy'.

Hate that word.

It has already happened to Spurs, if you'll recall. I called it sexy then. I'm calling it sexy now. The label itself has connotations of avoidable, self-inflicted misfortune and fate crapping on hopes and dreams, so I don't see what's so objectionable about it given how perfectly it applies to our club.

So atm we are looking at;

One from Witsel, Wanyama or Kouyate.
One from Berahino, Perez or Pato (the last being highly unlikely due to the loan he is currently on atm).

?? Did I miss anything ??

So atm we are looking at;

One from Witsel, Wanyama or Kouyate.
One from Berahino, Perez or Pato (the last being highly unlikely due to the loan he is currently on atm).

?? Did I miss anything ??

kouyate?? Seriously ? Where that come from ?

It has already happened to Spurs, if you'll recall. I called it sexy then. I'm calling it sexy now. The label itself has connotations of avoidable, self-inflicted misfortune and fate crapping on hopes and dreams, so I don't see what's so objectionable about it given how perfectly it applies to our club.

I don't think it is something that affects Spurs only though. It could just as easily be called Liverpoolie, Arsenaly etc.... I also don't agree that they are avoidable! But I think you would expect that coming from me! ;)

Fact Witsel didn't join Milan has to be little bit promising though !

Yeah, it is. I'm really hoping we're seriously in for him: I think we can match the 3 million euros a year he gets at Zenit (possibly even exceed them, although not by much if my calculations are correct), and I think he'd be perfect for our midfield. Plus, he's best mates with Chadli - anything that adds to our Belgian love-in is (currently) fine by me. :)

I don't think it is something that affects Spurs only though. It could just as easily be called Liverpoolie, Arsenaly etc.... I also don't agree that they are avoidable! But I think you would expect that coming from me! ;)

We remain the only team to have tragically lost our most brilliant player to a literal bolt of lightning. And we haven't won a single league title since that day, nearly fifty years ago.

Yeah, I think sexy is a bit more apt than the others, mate. :p

I hate the word because it breeds a mindset which provokes self-inflicted wounds, always expecting the worst and waiting for the 10 men to come back and score three goals in the second half... then it happens because we subconsciously expect it. We need to snap out of it. We are not unusually unlucky, just pessimistic.

I hate the word because it breeds a mindset which provokes self-inflicted wounds, always expecting the worst and waiting for the 10 men to come back and score three goals in the second half... then it happens because we subconsciously expect it. We need to snap out of it. We are not unusually unlucky, just pessimistic.

Even though I think we genuinely do suffer from ridiculously bad luck, I think we do need to snap out of it a bit. And, during Redknapp's era, we were on course to do so: we lost the FA Cup semi to bankrupt Portsmouth in 2010, and I thought that was it for our season - but we then went on the most un-Spurs-like run I've ever seen in my years supporting the club, beating Arsenal courtesy of that Danny Rose screamer, beating Chelsea with swagger and verve, and brushing aside City to secure CL football with ease. We then got to the quarter-finals of the CL on our first try, an even more memorable sequence.

Then, we became the first (and f*cking last) club to finish fourth and miss out on the CL, watching with horror as our rivals won it in the flukiest manner possible, a manner that will never,ever be repeated - such was the ludicrous luck involved. We then sacked that manager and embarked on the rollercoaster we still find ourselves on today.

The Spursiness struck in 2012, mate. Despite our efforts. And can you blame us for lapsing back into the defeatist mood after that?

We remain the only team to have tragically lost our most brilliant player to a literal bolt of lightning. And we haven't won a single league title since that day, nearly fifty years ago.

Yeah, I think sexy is a bit more apt than the others, mate. :p

Yes but in that example, it wasn't self-inflicted or avoidable. I don't doubt that we believe that there are higher forces working against us, but I think that must be what Leeds/Notts Forest/Arsenal/Liverpool in fact any other fans must think as well. Man United will talk about the Munich disaster, Arsenal with the number of broken legs their players seem to suffer from, Liverpool because well the whole world is against them.

I'm with Bullet in that I don't like the word as it is a negative connotation to our name. I think we're better than that.

Yes but in that example, it wasn't self-inflicted or avoidable. I don't doubt that we believe that there are higher forces working against us, but I think that must be what Leeds/Notts Forest/Ar5ena1/Liverpool in fact any other fans must think as well. Man United will talk about the Munich disaster, Ar5ena1 with the number of broken legs their players seem to suffer from, Liverpool because well the whole world is against them.

I'm with Bullet in that I don't like the word as it is a negative connotation to our name. I think we're better than that.

Yes, it wasn't avoidable. That's why I added that second bit about fate vomiting on our eiderdowns on a regular basis - sometimes it's just ridiculously bad luck, but it happens with an unnerving frequency when it comes to us, I think. In the past decade alone, we've had Lasagnagate, 4th-without-CL, and a number of smaller disasters I could name if I cared to remember them.

I agree, we need to snap out of it. And that's partly why I get so annoyed when I see us passing up opportunities to make a stab at really succeeding at our trade, because I feel that's the best way to beat this 'sexy' curse. But we are unusually unlucky, imo - no sense beating around the bush when it comes to that fact.

kouyate?? Seriously ? Where that come from ?
Desperation, and running out of alternatives. I'll not be surprised if we end up with Perez and Koyate. #itk

I can understand clubs waiting until dld if there's one particular player they want. But we have positions in the squad that we need to fill. Let's say we have 5 targets for one position (I know the list is probably longer), where player 1 is our prefered one, and player 5 is a backup we don't really want. We wait until the end of the window hoping to get player 1 (because we believe somehow the price will go down if we wait). Meanwhile players 2-4 are signed by other clubs (some we could compete with, some we couldn't). Come deadline day, we realise we don't get player 1, and rush to sign player 5 (or maybe someone else).

The transfer window has been a good window. We've signed some top players; Son Heung-Min and Clinton N'Jie are both very good signings. But, we needed a defensive midfielder and a striker and we have seemingly failed to sign players for both these positions. Given that we apparently spent money on bringing in people like Migcgell, to identify targets, Baldini to ge these targets, what the fudge has happened to leave the cupboard of these key positions so bare?!

Just seen sky there about reporter saying juve might come in for nasri at City .. Can we still sell to Italian clubs ??!

Back