• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Don't think it does prove it, a sideways pass with a one degree angle forward would class as a forward pass, I want to see a map showing the direction.

Is the other shoe going to drop? (The "...of which completed" comparison. I'd actually be genuinely interested to see that.)

He had a 84% completition rate across the board - can't find a breakdown though of forward v backward (Fabregas had a 85% ratio for a quick reference)

% of passes forward for the 14/15 season

Mason 69.9%
Schneiderlin 67.7%
Fabregas 67.5%
Yaya Toure 66.5%
Modric 65.8%
Schweinsteiger 65.8%
Koke 63.5%
Ramsey 63%
Xavi 62.5%
Henderson 62.4%

Source - Squawka

And no, this doesn't mean I think Mason's better than all of those players, just debunking this idea that he only passes backwards/sideways.
You would think goalkeepers should top that list ;)

No need.
Its an incomplete answer to what was an incomplete question.
Of course those stats don't tell the full picture
- but the original question was so narrow ( and based on an agenda), that it deserves a narrow answer.

They very rarely do, but some fans believe they are the answer to all questions. Having worked with stats relating to football for many years they are a tool and handy to have but they can be misleading in lots of cases.

Don't think it does prove it, a sideways pass with a one degree angle forward would class as a forward pass, I want to see a map showing the direction.

Im sure one can be found.
But before that, you really should fully define the criteria for ever ammended argument;
What degree of passing angle is acceptable to you?
Do you require a lower and upper speed?
Do you need the pitch dividing into quadrants to define exact points?

Better get all that defined before any data is produced - just so we know your requirements.

They very rarely do, but some fans believe they are the answer to all questions. Having worked with stats relating to football for many years they are a tool and handy to have but they can be misleading in lots of cases.

Exactly. If football was only about stats, the best managers would all be mathmeticians.

But this all stemmed for one persons shortsighted agenda anyway, so its all a bit pointless. But hey, GG would be boring otherwise!

Exactly. If football was only about stats, the best managers would all be mathmeticians.

But this all stemmed for one persons shortsighted agenda anyway, so its all a bit pointless. But hey, GG would be boring otherwise!

I agree with both of those, like I say I have used stats many time and they are useful but no more then that.

Wolfsburg in for draxler now and his move to juve stalling , Maybe opens the door for juve to bid for lamela again ?? Hope so

£55m for De Bruyne... Very good player but come on , that's crazy! Chav's get a small percentage of that?

Expect the Chavs to sign Pogba in the next 48 hours to appease in turmoil plastic support .

Also expect-

Sadio and Victor to be Spurs

Ade to become a Spam wage thief.

Lennon and Fazio to Everton.

Rumour I heard so don't shoot the messenger. ...Cavani was spotted in and around Saint Albans last week, or was that Charlie Austin?:confused:

i cant see Fazio at Everton now that they are keeping Stones.....plus Brom have signed Evans, so it looks like Faz is staying put which i dont mind tbh

Exactly. If football was only about stats, the best manager would obviously still be Sol Campbell if he ever just given that chance.

£55m for De Bruyne... Very good player but come on , that's crazy! Chav's get a small percentage of that?

Expect the Chavs to sign Pogba in the next 48 hours to appease in turmoil plastic support .

Also expect-

Rumour I heard so don't shoot the messenger. ...Cavani was spotted in and around Saint Albans last week, or was that Charlie Austin?:confused:
Don't expect anything like that to happen

Also expect-

Do you mean Sadio Mane or Saido Berahino?

Back