• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Pato being linked again, his agent saying we are finalising a deal supposedly. Sounds like he is using us as usual, prob no truth to it... Or is there?

@HotspurRelated: The agent of Alexandre Pato has confirmed his client is close to joining Tottenham Hotspur for €11M. #THFC http://t.co/B3Pe8gCOFl

I don't believe this myself .. Back up for Tuesday maybe if berahino doesn't happen .. I doubt we would sign the two of them !!?

Well he will be a Kane backup that can also go into a front two. Will cost hardly anything and could become a decent acquisition. Our wide positions right now are filled with Pritchard, Son, Lamela, N'jie, Chadli and Townsend, Berahino imo has little chance of starting if Son is the left sided wide forward.

Well he will be a Kane backup that can also go into a front two. Will cost hardly anything and could become a decent acquisition. Our wide positions right now are filled with Pritchard, Son, Lamela, N'jie, Chadli and Townsend, Berahino imo has little chance of starting if Son is the left sided wide forward.

I think we want to start

---------Kane
Bera----Eriksen---Son

with

-------------Njie
Chadli---Pritchard--Townsend

as backups/cup team.

Though in reality Bera will be second choice CF and Njie will probably feature at LWF

I thought Son played more off the left?

You have abandoned Poch's 'Dembele experiment' then? He's a right forward don't you know! A RIGHT FORWARD!!!!!!

I thought Son played more off the left?

You have abandoned Poch's 'Dembele experiment' then? He's a right forward don't you know! A RIGHT FORWARD!!!!!!

Son plays both - apparently he's completely ambidextrous.

I think he's been playing LWF more recently, but had a long stint at RWF before that.

Now we have some penetrating AMs, the only scenario I ever want to see Dembele again is cameos - coming on for a winger when we are 1 up away at one of the top 4. Or even better - in a Sunderland shirt.

I just read the posts and. It who posted, if I read anything interesting/stupid/irritating/etc I see who posted. Scrolled down, saw someone suffering Townsend was a valuable squad player and I just knew who posted.... Mental. I just don't understand how anyone can not see how dreadful he is, I think you're fighting that battle on your own now gutter. Finally. What makes it more comical is that Dembele has been our. Set player this season.

Son plays both - apparently he's completely ambidextrous.

I think he's been playing LWF more recently, but had a long stint at RWF before that.

Now we have some penetrating AMs, the only scenario I ever want to see Dembele again is cameos - coming on for a winger when we are 1 up away at one of the top 4. Or even better - in a Sunderland shirt.

It amazes me how you have such a hard on for Mason yet do not rate Dembele. Dembele is twice the player Mason will ever be.

I don't think you can describe Mason as "highly effective".

Equally, Dembele is clearly not "twice the player" Mason is.

They're very different - Dembele is good at muscling in and winning the ball (and very little else), whereas Mason is good at quickly moving the ball (and very little else).

% of passes forward for the 14/15 season

Mason 69.9%
Schneiderlin 67.7%
Fabregas 67.5%
Yaya Toure 66.5%
Modric 65.8%
Schweinsteiger 65.8%
Koke 63.5%
Ramsey 63%
Xavi 62.5%
Henderson 62.4%

Source - Squawka

And no, this doesn't mean I think Mason's better than all of those players, just debunking this idea that he only passes backwards/sideways.

% of passes forward for the 14/15 season

Mason 69.9%
Schneiderlin 67.7%
Fabregas 67.5%
Yaya Toure 66.5%
Modric 65.8%
Schweinsteiger 65.8%
Koke 63.5%
Ramsey 63%
Xavi 62.5%
Henderson 62.4%

Source - Squawka

And no, this doesn't mean I think Mason's better than all of those players, just debunking this idea that he only passes backwards/sideways.

An other case of stats prove nothing, the further forward you go your passing options change and a wide player pulling balls back from the goal line would have rubbish stats.

An other case of stats prove nothing, the further forward you go your passing options change and a wide player pulling balls back from the goal line would have rubbish stats.

In a simple case of responding to the statement that 'Mason always passes backwards or sideways' this particular stat is the perfect response - he does not always pass backwards or sideways, in fact he's twice as likely to pass forwards than either sideways or backwards - and as Yoof has helped point out he does so at a similar rate to other players in the league playing the same position

Is the other shoe going to drop? (The "...of which completed" comparison. I'd actually be genuinely interested to see that.)

Is the other shoe going to drop? (The "...of which completed" comparison. I'd actually be genuinely interested to see that.)
No need.
Its an incomplete answer to what was an incomplete question.
Of course those stats don't tell the full picture - but the original question was so narrow ( and based on an agenda), that it deserves a narrow answer.

Back