• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I therefore see no reason why we should approach Saturday's game with a defeatist attitude.

Neither do I but then again I do not believe we have "missed the boat" " penny pinched" "shown no ambition" etc, etc, etc.

We are doomed I tell thee doomed. ;)

is that what the article above translates as? there is no news of him signing a new contract on any other sites
My German is nicht sehr gut, but you're right. The article I believe said that 2 of Stuttgart's 3 main strikers seem to be on the chopping block or looking for a team, which effectively leaves them with Werner, who wants to fight for a spot up front. Given that, they would probably be unlikely to sell.

Signing Austin would not address our lack of pace issue. Also his hold up play, skill and back to goal work is apparently not the greatest. Essentially we would have a flat out back up for Kane, but not a great deal in terms of adding to our first XI. He would not play well with Kane IMO

Signing Austin would not address our lack of pace issue. Also his hold up play, skill and back to goal work is apparently not the greatest. Essentially we would have a flat out back up for Kane, but not a great deal in terms of adding to our first XI. He would not play well with Kane IMO
I agree with you here about the pace issue and also that Austin would not make a good partner for Kane due to that, instead being more of a direct replacement. However I disagree with you about Austin's hold up play and back to goal work, I think he is more than adequate in both departments. I have also always been impressed with Austin's workrate....

Mereiles has vast experience in the Premier League having played for Liverpool and Chel53a and is famed as one of football’s biggest hipsters.

What does that even mean or bring to the report? Column inch quota's?

Fantastic! 'Hipster Hotspur Holds Court On Debut' headline guaranteed hahahahaha!

Manchester United's hopes of signing Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos have been revived with the 29-year-old growing frustrated by the Spanish giants' reluctance to meet his demands for a £135,000-a-week contract extension. (AS via Radio Cadena Ser)

However United are reluctant to meet the £23m buy-out clause in Barcelona attacker Pedro's contract. The Old Trafford club believe that the 28-year-old lacks resale value and believe £17m is a fair price. (Daily Mirror)

Atletico Madrid centre-back Diego Godin has turned down an £88,000-a-week contract at Emirates Marketing Project to stay in Spain after the Premier League side triggered his £28m release clause. (Marca)

Inter Milan defender Danilo D'Ambrosio, 26, has failed to agree personal terms with West Ham after the two clubs agreed on a £9m fee for him.(Talksport via Tuttomercatoweb)

_84724449_guardian_frontpage.jpg

The Guardian report on Everton's anger at Chelsea's continued pursuit of defender John Stones

Everton and Tottenham are both in the market for Japan international midfielder Keisuke Honda after AC Milan decided to sell the 29-year-old. (Daily Express/Tuttosport)

West Brom are set to sign Arsenal's 20-year-old midfielder Serge Gnabry on a season-long loan deal. (Talksport)

Fulham striker Kostas Mitroglou is set to sign on loan for Portuguese side Benfica. The 27-year-old, who joined the Cottagers for a club record £12m fee from Olympiakos in January 2014, could make the switch permanent for £4.2m at the end of the season. (Fulham and Hammersmith Gazette)

Watford are close to signing Udinese's Rafael Romo, 25, as back up for first-choice goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes.(Daily Mail)

Wolfsburg's highly-rated midfielder Kevin de Bruyne has refused to say that he will start the season with the German club amid speculation linking him with a £40m move to Emirates Marketing Project. (Daily Mirror)

Everton are close to securing a loan deal for 19-year-old left-sided midfielder Tomas Andrade from River Plate. (Liverpool Echo)

Liverpool have secured a deal for sought-after 14-year-old Norwegian midfielder Edvard Tagseth, who plays for Neset FK Youth. (Tronder-Avisa)

Leicester face competition from West Ham, Schalke and Fiorentina for Swiss midfielder Gokhan Inler despite agreeing a fee of 3.1m with Napoli for the 31-year-old. (Daily Mail)

Argentine midfielder Esteban Cambiasso, 34, who chose not to renew his contract with Leicester, is close to agreeing a deal with Greek side Olympiakos. (SportsDNA - in Greek)

Queens Park Rangers have made a bid for Bolton's United States international defender Tim Ream. (ESPN)

West Ham have secured the work permit necessary to take take Atletico Madrid's 24-year-old striker Raul Jimenez on a season-long loan. (Daily Mail)

Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy refused to be drawn on reports that the club have bid £250,000 for Hearts' 19-year-old defender Jordan McGhee. (East Anglian Daily Times)

Back