• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Re: Next Spurs Manager v.2

The reason we'll "probably lose Vertonghen and Lloris" is down to no Champions league football and nothing else.

The reason we'll "probably lose Vertonghen and Lloris" is down to no Champions league football and nothing else.

I don't think they're quite in the elite footballer category that can demand to go to a CL team yet. They're at the level where bringing in a respected manager who they thought would get us back in would probably do the job.

I don't think they're quite in the elite footballer category that can demand to go to a CL team yet. They're at the level where bringing in a respected manager who they thought would get us back in would probably do the job.

Your basing this purely on your dislike of 'Dim Tim' with no ounce of evidence to back your claim up.

I'm basing my opinion on both talking about CL Football being important. They've both made it clear they would like to play in that competition (again) and the fact that they're not in the elite football category is irrelevant....they're in the 'good enough to play CL football' category and that's all that matters.

Your basing this purely on your dislike of 'Dim Tim' with no ounce of evidence to back your claim up.

I'm basing my opinion on both talking about CL Football being important. They've both made it clear they would like to play in that competition (again) and the fact that they're not in the elite football category is irrelevant....they're in the 'good enough to play CL football' category and that's all that matters.

They're not good enough for us to be getting bids from clubs significantly bigger than Spurs though. If we can convince them that we can qualify next season (ie employ a professional in charge of the team) them we're as good a prospect as anywhere else they're likely to play.

We're not talking about Bale/Modric here - the offers won't be from Real Madrid.

They're not good enough for us to be getting bids from clubs significantly bigger than Spurs though. If we can convince them that we can qualify next season (ie employ a professional in charge of the team) them we're as good a prospect as anywhere else they're likely to play.

We're not talking about Bale/Modric here - the offers won't be from Real Madrid.

You really think that? ok lets see what type of clubs will be making bids for them come summer time.

You really think that? ok lets see what type of clubs will be making bids for them come summer time.

i agree with Scara on this, especially with Verts - can't see any significant bids coming in for him. possibly Lloris - but not from the true elite which would see him kick up a fuss about wanting to leave.

i agree with Scara on this, especially with Verts - can't see any significant bids coming in for him. possibly Lloris - but not from the true elite which would see him kick up a fuss about wanting to leave.

Scara is saying they're not good enough for significantly bigger clubs than us to make bids...you agree?

If two of our best players can't attract CL clubs then why do you lot expect top four each season? Seems quite contradictory to me, Tim must have us punching above our weight then.

Scara is saying they're not good enough for significantly bigger clubs than us to make bids...you agree?

sorry i meant more that they won't be attracting bids as opposed to they aren't good enough.

a club in our position isn't going to lose it's better players to clubs unless they are the true elite (Barca/Bayern/Real etc) and i don't think these types will be in for them.

If two of our best players can't attract CL clubs then why do you lot expect top four each season? Seems quite contradictory to me, Tim must have us punching above our weight then.

not really, we've only had 4 players leave in the last decade or so for elite clubs and two of those were before we were considered genuine top 4 challengers.

Couldn't really care less if clubs bid for both Lloris and Vertonghen, with one or both subsequently going. Neither are irreplaceable in my eyes although I would prefer to keep Lloris if possible. Vertonghen going wouldn't be the worst business in the world, we will get a fair amount more than we have paid for him and can use that money to improve a backline that hasn't been overly great all season.

Hopefully the next manager to come in will recognise that we need CBs that can actually defend and recover with pace. Neither Verts or Dawson can do that although both can defend to varying degrees. Vertonghen is very last ditch at times and slow to recover while Dawson at times just looks so out of tune with the games pace and his distribution/recovery is woeful.

I can certainly think of 2-3 CBs I wouldn't mind us signing if we got rid of Vertonghen that would actually improve our backlines ability to defend and withstand people just running in behind with no chance of pressure or recovery.

Re: Transfer Rumours

Would love either of Lukaku or Bony. Both have their plus points and both would do a good job for us. Remy as well would be a good signing that makes sense on an economic level as well as a sporting one. Could play wider in a three behind a main forward or as part of a two. Certainly holds the ball up well when I have seen him.

Couldn't really care less if clubs bid for both Lloris and Vertonghen, with one or both subsequently going. Neither are irreplaceable in my eyes although I would prefer to keep Lloris if possible. Vertonghen going wouldn't be the worst business in the world, we will get a fair amount more than we have paid for him and can use that money to improve a backline that hasn't been overly great all season.

Hopefully the next manager to come in will recognise that we need CBs that can actually defend and recover with pace. Neither Verts or Dawson can do that although both can defend to varying degrees. Vertonghen is very last ditch at times and slow to recover while Dawson at times just looks so out of tune with the games pace and his distribution/recovery is woeful.

I can certainly think of 2-3 CBs I wouldn't mind us signing if we got rid of Vertonghen that would actually improve our backlines ability to defend and withstand people just running in behind with no chance of pressure or recovery.

Go on then, the floor is yours ..

Bonys record everywhere he has been it outstanding, would love him here. I said in the summer we should have got him, gutted we didn't.

Wouldn't mind him to replace Soldado though and Lukaku to replace Adebayor , but I'll wake up now.

What do people on here think of Marcos Alonso at Sunderland? Every time I have seen him he lots pretty good, obviously in a poor team but he looks like a good player. He should be available I'm sure from them. He could be a good option for left back.

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

What do people on here think of Marcos Alonso at Sunderland? Every time I have seen him he lots pretty good, obviously in a poor team but he looks like a good player. He should be available I'm sure from them. He could be a good option for left back.

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

I started a thread on him a while back.

Wages and cost aside i would personally prefer Bony but it is very tight for me. I think bony is very underrated, so this is no slight on Lukaku from me

I actually think Lukaku is the far superior player. That's the thing, i don't even think it's close.

Go on then, the floor is yours ..

With relish.

Garay - A player who I already stated I quite liked prior to the Benfica tie and that set of fixtures certainly confirmed to me that he would be a quality centre half in this league. Likes the physical stuff and can certainly defend. No slouch either and can open his legs up with his long stride. I don't think he would be unattainable, could well cost near what we would receive for Vertonghen but imo he is a better defender than Vertonghen.

Lovren - Liked him during the game against us last season where he looked quite decent. Tall, good in the air and again, a pure defender. Wants to defend and likes the dirty stuff but can actually play a little bit too. Was a little surprised that Lyon let him go £7m but he only had 12 months left and were likely left with no choice.

Howedes - Probably the most expensive and least likely to pull off given that he is with Schalke and plays CL football every year but a player that could be tempted if the clubs could agree a fee. Again, loves the dirty work and is a threat going forward too.

These are players that are not neccassrily better all round players than Vertonghen but players that I think would be better for Tottenham than Vertonghen is or is likely to be given his seemingly ****ed off body language and poor form this year.

He's had an extra season in the Premier League, that can make a difference.

Maybe but he's also younger so has even more time to improve. I don't think it's to do with prem experience though...i just think he has the ingredients needed for a top class striker.

Back