• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I'm pretty sure that we approached SCBC and offered to 'help' them in their dire financial situation.

I'm sure I remember reading at the time that we told them we'd give them a couple of £M of our outstanding payments in return for them dropping the rest of the fee and any subsequent payments.

Yeah, it was around the time they went into administration or something like that.

Something dawned on me yesterday when discussing the Bale move with some friends: Daniel Levy is the most important man in world football at the moment. Until he decides to sanction the Bale transfer, then no other teams can start moving for Madrid players that are up for sale, as the domino effect talked of in the press waits to happen.

Imagine he left it until 5 to the hour on deadline day to sell, and Arsenal and Man Utd (both linked heavily with Di Maria and Ozil respectivley) didn't have time to sign either of those players and were left short, at least until January. We would have recouped the money we have spent undeniably improving the squad, whilst two rivals in the league have failed to strengthen because of his tactics. Would be ideal

The guy is a genius, and I think he sees all the moving parts of the game and knows exactly how to get what he wants for the benefit of the club.

He's needed a few years to get the experience, to make a few mistakes, but there are people queuing up from within the game at the moment to give him the kudos for the top class transfer window he has conducted. It's been a masterclass, and could be the most important one in our growth as a club yet.

Madrid chief slams Spurs for dragging their feet over Bale - full story to follow

Just as you thought you hadn't heard much about Gareth Bale today, here's some news from Pete Jenson in Madrid:

'Real Madrid vice-president Fernando Fernández Tapias has accused Tottenham of “dragging their feet” over the Gareth Bale deal amid the embarrassing possibility that they will have to dismantle the stage they erected at the start of the week if Bale does not sign in the next 48 hours.

'Speaking ahead of the club’s friendly in Coruña tonight (Thursday) Tapias said: 'He (Bale) is not here, because there are problems there (in London). We thought Bale was going to be with us by now but for the moment he is still not in Madrid.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ng-news-pictures-August-29.html#ixzz2dNAWm3fD

Oh, no problems in London Senor Tapias. No problems at all my old son. Everything very much under control, in place, and going to plan, gracias very much.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ng-news-pictures-August-29.html#ixzz2dNAWm3fD

Oh, no problems in London Senor Tapias. No problems at all my old son. Everything very much under control, in place, and going to plan, gracias very much.

Real Madrid vice-president Fernando Fernández Tapias has accused Tottenham of “dragging their feet” over the Gareth Bale deal amid the embarrassing possibility that they will have to dismantle the stage they erected at the start of the week if Bale does not sign in the next 48 hours.

That's supposed to make us do the deal quicker? :lol:

Come on do you seriously think bale had a buttock injury? It was either the club who said that or he had a sore arsehole judging by the pictures we have recently seen.

I said the other day I thought Levy would take this right into the last day of the window. Why shouldn't he make them all sweat now? He might even take an antique silver dollar out of his pocket and spin it at about a quarter to eleven Monday night. Bale's recent behaviour has been especially regrettable. He will hide behind his agent and say he made him do it, but he has acted with less than full integrity and blotted his copybook, and AVB was entirely right to call him out.

Though I think it unlikely that Arsenal will pick up any of RM's players there's no point taking chances. Drag it out until the last minute I say. Fuc'em all.

I'm sure the teams waiting for the Bale transfer to be completed so they can buy from Real Madrid are ready for this ploy and have any purchases done and dusted so it's strictly a formality - if they aren't they should a) all lose their jobs or b) I'm making an ass of myself by showing all of you how little I know about the transfer business.

That's it Daniel, make them sweat. In fact, upping the asking price by £5million wouldn't do any harm! If they're as desperate to get him as it has appeared all summer from their digusting conduct this window, then surely they can fork out an extra £5million? And a full public apology before any deal goes ahead!

I think we should add a million to the price for every unauthorised absence from training.

They've sewn the Bale wind - now reap the Levy whirlwind.

Oh - also pick him tonight and if he doesn't play (a la Tevez) add another two million

Real Madrid vice-president Fernando Fernández Tapias has accused Tottenham of “dragging their feet” over the Gareth Bale deal amid the embarrassing possibility that they will have to dismantle the stage they erected at the start of the week if Bale does not sign in the next 48 hours.

That's supposed to make us do the deal quicker? :lol:

[-o<

That's it Daniel, make them sweat. In fact, upping the asking price by £5million wouldn't do any harm! If they're as desperate to get him as it has appeared all summer from their digusting conduct this window, then surely they can fork out an extra £5million? And a full public apology before any deal goes ahead!

And announce our "partnership" with them is over, effective immediately. You are absolutely right, we have no need to sell, we have replaced him but we do not need the money.

So what will the final fee be then? I'm going for £90m

I thought this earlier in the week.. Make it clear to Madrid every time one of their employees open thier mouth about Bale it will cost another 5million. And the same 5million if Bale does not train or play in a game.. If we cant make him turn up I am pretty sure Madrid would be able to if it was costing them money..

Has he ****ed off yet :lol:

Seriously, whilst his behaviour these last few days has been less than impeccable (driven by his agent I suspect), as has his seemingly sudden urge to dress like a Belieber, he has given me some wonderful memories and on that basis alone it's hard for me to bear any ill-feeling toward him much less hate him. Hate is an ugly emotion which I try to reserve for only the worst that humanity has to offer (cough.... Campbell :-" ).

Should defo delay it until as late as possible, might as well make them sweat and will be amusing if they have to take down that stage. Serves them right really.

Plus would also mean he can't train with them until mid September due to internationals.

Should defo delay it until as late as possible, might as well make them sweat and will be amusing if they have to take down that stage. Serves them right really.

Plus would also mean he can't train with them until mid September due to internationals.

**** you to all concerned: Perez, Barnett, Zidane, Arsenal (by stalling their potential Ozil and Di Maria deals), and that bloody stage. Someone should sneak into the Bernabeu and film them sadly taking it down and put it up on pay-per-view: I know most Spurs fans would pay to see that.

Who the hell erects a stage just to unveil a new signing anyway...... are they expecting him to belt out a few Tom Jones' numbers whilst he's up there? Talk about overkill.

Back