• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

We've lost Berbatov, Modric and Carrick before but gone on so losing Bale would be a shame but by no means a disaster. What's encouraging this year is that we have done out business early. And the fact that Bale is someone you can't really replace, you just have to expect a combined effort from the team to make up the goals.

I think the difference is we were so reliant on Bale last season. Without him we were pretty ordinary. Tactically we were a mess, and it really did seem to be a case of give the ball to Bale and he'll dig us out of this hole. I'm hoping that the new signings we'll lessen our reliance on Bale even if he stays.

I think a deal will be done if it meets all of our conditions (not those of R. Madrids):

a) Real stump up the cash/players we want
b) We can get an adequate replacement on our terms
c) We don't feel like we are being treated like mugs.

I think Real are starting to wake up to these facts and it maybe why we have seen a complete drop-off in Marca/AS tapping up stories and comments from their current/ex players and coaching staff.

I think Levy could well have said no deal unless you stop acting like a bunch of c***s

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has told talkSPORT that he believes Gareth Bale is pushing very hard to leave Tottenham Hotspur

Wales star Bale, 24, has reportedly been the subject of a world record bid from the La Liga side this summer

The Spanish giants are keen to get their man as they look to rival Barcelona, who signed Brazilian sensation Neymar in May, in the transfer market.

And Calderon understands that Bale is doing all he can to make sure a deal is done before the window shuts on September 2.

“It seems that he is pushing very hard to leave Tottenham,” he told Keys and Gray.

“I experienced the same with Cristiano Ronaldo. The player is not looking for money in this. What he is looking for is the opportunity to get trophies and personal awards and recognition.

“It seems that Gareth Bale thinks he can get that at Real Madrid so now it’s just down to how strong he is going to be in his idea to move.”

And Calderon believes that current president Florentino Perez’s public admission that he isn’t keen to pay €100million for the Spurs midfielder is merely a tactic to lower any transfer fee.

He added: “Maybe it’s part of the game to pretend that you are not very interested in paying the amount of money they are talking about. It may be a tactic in order to get the player for less money.

“I don’t know if the chairman of Tottenham Daniel Levy is willing to accept an amount under [€100million].”

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-–-calderon-bale-pushing-very-hard-leave-tottenham-13081655941

If these comments are recent (ie last couple days) then it ends all those comments from various people on here saying that a deal has already been done

If he hands in a transfer request then he forfeits bonuses to Tottenham which could be quite a few million. Makes a deal more likely if Madrid are close to meeting the valuation.

Anyone else think AVB's comments about turning down coaching position at '2 big clubs' to stay with Spurs is an attempt at persuading Bale to stay? (Guilt trip, loyalty etc)

Other than weaken THFCs position? None

Danny boy let em have it!

1] We want Modric Back...
2] We want there best player apart from that egotistical cnut Ronaldo...
3] Bale is going nowhere.......so F*** Off

Come on you Spurs................................................................................................:barnet:

I think the thing here is, for one, Real are completely deluded. As if joining that circus is the only way to achieve recognition or trophies. They are an absolute joke that think far too highly of themselves, to a hilarious extent.

But secondly, it's clear from Bale's silence I think that he is actually doing what Levy wants. He doesn't have a burning desire to move this summer, but I think the way it has gone down is that Levy has said to Bale, 'We would have more than likely let you go next summer for a more reasonable fee and replaced you then, but if Real are so desperate to get you now, and are willing to compensate us for the fact that you have an extra year on your contract, and for the loss of any potential commercial deals that you may have been able to bring to the club as a result of your presence here, then we will let you go now.'

But what the press seem to not realise with this apparently 'inevitable' transfer is we hold all the aces here. He has 3 years left, not two. The player has integrity, and won't be forced into anything he doesn't want or need to do. And we quite simply have no need to sell. If Real want to compensate us for bringing the deal ahead a year, then they need to pay for the privilege. Not expect to be able to bully us.

To be honest I can't believe they thought it would be that easy to bully Levy with the press, as if he gives a fudge. He proved with Modric he doesn't give a brick. Clubs all over seem to think its easy enough to force clubs into selling this year. Chelsea are doing it with Rooney and Arsenal with Suarez, as if ourselves, United and Liverpool were just going to bend over and let these clubs take it. In no way did I think for a million years United would sell Rooney to Chelsea, but for some reason Chelsea have devoted most of their summers' time and effort to it. Blizzare.

And again, from the pictures of Bale at Wales, he doesn't look like a man in turmoil. Or a man that doesn't know what's going on. From his body language and expressions he looks like he knows exactly what is happening with his life, and he is completely comfortable with it.

Other than weaken THFCs position? None

But by how much? By now both Spurs and Real will know what Bale wants and prefers. A transfer request would probably increase the pressure from the media a bit, but how much will that influence Levy?

Or to put it another way. If Levy is currently holding out for £Xm, how much would a transfer request drop that number by? My guess is not much.

If he hands in a transfer request then he forfeits bonuses to Tottenham which could be quite a few million. Makes a deal more likely if Madrid are close to meeting the valuation.

Do you think the deal is holding up because a difference in valuation that's "only" a few million pounds? If so then I think the deal will happen. Yes it changes things slightly, but only ever so slightly.

If Levy came to Bale saying that he can have his move, but only if he gives up his bonuses right now I think the deal would happen and Bale would either suck up the loss knowing that he would make it back in no time at Real or Real would give him the extra money and be on their way to pick up Bale with a private jet.

I think the thing here is, for one, Real are completely deluded. As if joining that circus is the only way to achieve recognition or trophies. They are an absolute joke that think far too highly of themselves, to a hilarious extent.

But secondly, it's clear from Bale's silence I think that he is actually doing what Levy wants. He doesn't have a burning desire to move this summer, but I think the way it has gone down is that Levy has said to Bale, 'We would have more than likely let you go next summer for a more reasonable fee and replaced you then, but if Real are so desperate to get you now, and are willing to compensate us for the fact that you have an extra year on your contract, and for the loss of any potential commercial deals that you may have been able to bring to the club as a result of your presence here, then we will let you go now.'

But what the press seem to not realise with this apparently 'inevitable' transfer is we hold all the aces here. He has 3 years left, not two. The player has integrity, and won't be forced into anything he doesn't want or need to do. And we quite simply have no need to sell. If Real want to compensate us for bringing the deal ahead a year, then they need to pay for the privilege. Not expect to be able to bully us.

To be honest I can't believe they thought it would be that easy to bully Levy with the press, as if he gives a fudge. He proved with Modric he doesn't give a brick. Clubs all over seem to think its easy enough to force clubs into selling this year. Chelsea are doing it with Rooney and Arsenal with Suarez, as if ourselves, United and Liverpool were just going to bend over and let these clubs take it. In no way did I think for a million years United would sell Rooney to Chelsea, but for some reason Chelsea have devoted most of their summers' time and effort to it. Blizzare.

And again, from the pictures of Bale at Wales, he doesn't look like a man in turmoil. Or a man that doesn't know what's going on. From his body language and expressions he looks like he knows exactly what is happening with his life, and he is completely comfortable with it.

Exactly!

Bale is in a win-win situation.

He goes: well he gets to play for the biggest club on the planet, in the Champions League, gets his move to Spain which he has expressed a desire to play at one time in his career and he gets all the money and spotlight that brings.

He stays: well he enjoys it here, he probably has a new contract on the table with a shed-load more money, the club have invested heavily in players and we have a good chance of doing well with him in the team this year.

I'm sure he's pretty relaxed about it either way.

It's also win-win for us.

Bale stays: well we have one of the best players in the league or even world playing for us along with the new summer signings to complement him and help him out with the goals, we have a lot of global exposure as the Bale brand is building and hes a great pro to have around and a good influence on others.

Bale goes: well we are obviously gonna get an absolute elephant-load of wonga with which to strengthen the team in a number of positions, possibly even a couple of excellent players from Madrid into the bargain and possibly still have some left over to pay for some new paint-job on Lewis' yaught.

I'm pretty sure we are pretty relaxed abotu the situation.

THe real desperados here are Madrid, who have almost backed themselves into a lose-lose situation:

Bale doesn't sign: well won't they look like a load of complete plonkers

Bale does sign: well it looks like if he does they will get well and truely bent over by Levy financially infront of the world with 70% of Real fans in a recent Marca pole saying anything over £60m would be too much for Bale, and even with Ancelotti and the rest of the board thinking about backing out of the deal due to the cost.

Surprised at you, BoL. Regardless of whether he really wants him or not, although why wouldn't he, Mourinho is obviously playing mind games here. He has absolutely nothing whatever to lose and everything to gain by making his interest known. If then by some curious freak of nature he actually does manage to capture Rooney, what a fantastic coup. If on the other hand he fails, which he must surely realise is more than likely, what better way to get under the skin of their new manager and main rivals for the Premiership from the off?

Anyone else think AVB's comments about turning down coaching position at '2 big clubs' to stay with Spurs is an attempt at persuading Bale to stay? (Guilt trip, loyalty etc)

and the fact weve always let him go home to see his family and gave him nearly 2 weeks off for the birth of his first kid including leaving a huge game against Chelsea 30 mins before ko, he should remember what the club has done for him too !!!

Ledley King on Soccer AM. Refused to be drawn on talking about Bale for most of the show, but did say that they all hope he stays. Boring I know, but that was all he said.

Surprised at you, BoL. Regardless of whether he really wants him or not, although why wouldn't he, Mourinho is obviously playing mind games here. He has absolutely nothing whatever to lose and everything to gain by making his interest known. If then by some curious freak of nature he actually does manage to capture Rooney, what a fantastic coup. If on the other hand he fails, which he must surely realise is more than likely, what better way to get under the skin of their new manager and main rivals for the Premiership from the off?

Fair comment, wasn't thinking of it from that angle, so good point!

TRANSFER SPECULATION

It is the opening day of the Premier League season but the summer of speculation is set to continue until transfer deadline day - and beyond - with the future of Tottenham forward Gareth Bale one of the hottest cakes around.

This just in from Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti, who is apparently happy enough with his mega squad.

"I'm very happy with the squad. We don't need any more players," he said this morning. With no hint of a smile.

Is that the end of Real's Bale pursuit?

If these comments are recent (ie last couple days) then it ends all those comments from various people on here saying that a deal has already been done

Except that he's the former president not current (something the article fails to note) so it's just opinion...

Back