• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

AVB tells ssn that Bale will not be involved for the start of the season........

take a comfy seat Gareth we have points to win............................

COYS

As has been consistent throughout this whole saga, it's very easy for the press (and public for that matter) to take what messages want from interviews.... AVB was also quoted as saying this about Bale this morning “This is a player of great importance for Spurs and a player we are not willing to negotiate for."

I honestly think there are only 5 people who really know what is happening here: Lewis, Levy, AVB, Bale+Agent. Honestly, the best policy is to just wait and see what happens come 2nd Sept.

So clearly, he's going if the sum is right, and they think Real might come up with the cash. Otherwise, they could have just told Bale the deal isn't happening and have him lace up his boots.

Think that we're trying to seperate the rest of the squad from the inevitable circus that would ensue should he be involved before the window shuts

Think that we're trying to seperate the rest of the squad from the inevitable circus that would ensue should he be involved before the window shuts

Damn u, window, damn u to hell.

91-e1276147427745.jpg

Gareth is the bees knees and its imperative for me he stays...

However...

we do not need the distraction/media circus at the moment....its essential we get off to a positive start vs Palace.... if his head is wobbly he can stay away for now......

if he wants to come back in nld and score a hat-trick that's fine by me.......as of now keep him ticking over and keep telling Madrid no!!!

Would it not be better for Bale he's back in among the lads for regular training?
The media will be at the gate but so what.

As has been consistent throughout this whole saga, it's very easy for the press (and public for that matter) to take what messages want from interviews.... AVB was also quoted as saying this about Bale this morning “This is a player of great importance for Spurs and a player we are not willing to negotiate for."

I honestly think there are only 5 people who really know what is happening here: Lewis, Levy, AVB, Bale+Agent. Honestly, the best policy is to just wait and see what happens come 2nd Sept.

although that can mean the price Spurs want, lets say 120 mill pounds, is non negotiable ;)....player can go, but only if the price is met

Tottenham needs the media circus right now...

This year the NBC starts sending EPL, thats alot of new supporters in need to find a club, and what is the team they hear alot of now?
Tottenham....

If we can keep Bale after the window, I think we can make alot of money on that.

Obviously the second is a stronger side, think it might even be favorites to win the title. The only problem is that negative 75 million posted just above. It's just not realistic. We've never had a net loss close to that in any window before, so why now? I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just can't see it.

The finances of THFC are going to be bigger than a single transfer window.

But an interesting post mate, I'd say if Bale goes it shows how daring but also prudent we have been this summer. If he stays.... it looks like a real good, hard gamble!

although that can mean the price Spurs want, lets say 120 mill pounds, is non negotiable ;)....player can go, but only if the price is met

haha, this is true! Just goes to prove that you can take whatever message you want from a quote though!

Well, firstly, it depends. Even though Bale's head has been turned, I don't believe that he can't be persuaded to stay till 2015 once the window shuts. Stranger U-turns have happened, and if we strengthen the way I think we will and achieve both (This is critical) a trophy of some sort and CL football, his desire to leave won't really be as intense as it reportedly is this season. Plus, we can probably offer him a record contract to sweeten the deal: again, given our savings on wages should the likes of Ade and Bentley leave, offering him 150k a week doesn't seem inconceivable.

And in reply to VolSpur, firstly, I don't think we'll go for Eriksen and Lamela. One of the two. Not both. Secondly, I believe Paulinho was 17 million, not 19. And thirdly, Lamela would cost more than 28 (Roma bought him for a reported fee of 17 million quid, so they'd be looking to at least double that). And when you add a new centre-back, back-up striker and left back to the mix, then it does get a bit excessive, granted.

However, consider our squad for a moment. We've sold Dempsey, Caulker and Hudd, and are on the verge of selling Parker. But, like I mentioned before, that leaves a lot of players with decent sell-on value that we don't particularly need. Ade, for one, who the Besiktas president has repeatedly confirmed that he's bid 5.5 million for. Townsend or Lennon, either of whom I can't see netting us less than 9-10 million quid in any deal. Rose or BAE- more likely BAE, but weren't Sunderland quoted earlier on as saying that we wanted 8.5 million for Rose or something similar?

Gomes, Falque, and our youth talents we won't be likely to use (Kane and Coulibaly) also come into the picture, as does the 3 million sell-on fee we got for Dos Santos. All in all, there's a lot of squad weight we can shift without affecting squad depth, and I can't see us not wanting to do so but selling Bale instead. If we can raise 50 million from all that lot (including the already concluded Dempsey, Caulker and Hudd deals), spread across installments over a few years, then we'll have effectively covered the spending done on Paulinho, Soldado and Chadli. Then, if the money from the new TV deal comes into play, plus any alleged spending money allocated by Joe Lewis, then like I said before, it isn't inconceivable that we could keep Bale and spend some 50 million more than we already have.

Lloris
Friedel
Archer

Naughton
Daws
Kaboul
Verts
back-up CB

I think we should hang on to parker....Ok...some say he slows the game down..maybe true..but we

have different players now in the side...Parker can hold the ball allowing others to move forward..

Come on you Spurs...........

and the Spurs go marching on....................................................................

I know!

but I'm not telling..........:lol:

It is interesting how he is suddenly appearing on all the BT stuff again. They changed the billboard outside my work a day or so ago from Defoe back to Bale.

No news from the "showdown talks" between Bale and Levy today? No?

Anyone would think the newspapers just made stuff up!

Obviously the second is a stronger side, think it might even be favorites to win the title. The only problem is that negative 75 million posted just above. It's just not realistic. We've never had a net loss close to that in any window before, so why now? I'd love to be proven wrong, but I just can't see it.

assuming of course that our transfer dealings will have been paid for up front - which i doubt very much would be the case - id be surprised if we pay as much as 1/3 up front with the rest getting spread out over 2/3/4 years.

go back to our last big net spend, 07/08, and you'll see a ball park figure of -60m, we followed that up with a net spend of -45m in 08/09 ... that's over a hundred million in two seasons back when we didn't have as much value as we currently do. interestingly it's also around 4 years a go which would fit in with my 'spread over several years' transfer approach (as in we have now paid off that spending spree and can now start work on the next 'era')

after that initial glut of spending things slowed down as we had put in place a good squad that didn't need major work/wholesale changes (and we had to factor in the installment payments with any transfer budget)- i think maybe we're doing the same thing now in spending big to put in place a quality squad and give the manager something to work with over the coming seasons, then as we pay for the initial work we should only need to tinker here and there each window.

No news from the "showdown talks" between Bale and Levy today? No?

Anyone would think the newspapers just made stuff up!

Levy is in usa isn't he???? he also has thrown his mobile down the loo and flushed........

he is now safely stored in a vault until sep 3rd.... fingers in ears nah nah nah nah - special walki talki with baldi for incomings & outgoings.....

the guy is a legend/hermit/recluse for a bit

Interesting thing about Bale's injury though, remember end of last season when we were rushing to get him back fit for the last games....

Now it appears he has a much less serious injury and we aren't rushing him back......

How is that interesting? It's sensible surely?

If we'd tried to rush him back and failed he'd have been able to recover over the summer, however if we tried to rush him back now he could end up missing more games.

Anyone else wonder whether Madrid's current silence (along with everyone else's) since the supposed meeting between Levy and Perez in the states in because a deal has already been reached.

I know we're all speculating but my gut feeling is that Madrid were told we'd do a deal if they shut up in the meantime and allowed us to go about our transfer business and pre-season prep without distraction.

nah there have been quiet spells in this window sandwiched in between the chaos tbf

Anyone else wonder whether Madrid's current silence (along with everyone else's) since the supposed meeting between Levy and Perez in the states in because a deal has already been reached.

I know we're all speculating but my gut feeling is that Madrid were told we'd do a deal if they shut up in the meantime and allowed us to go about our transfer business and pre-season prep without distraction.

Thats what i think too. I just can't imagine we'd be spending at this level otherwise. I think we'll conclude a couple more deals and then Bale will be off, probably for something in the 85 million bracket.

There's probably something in place that means he wont play competitive football in between or do any impact training as the deal is already in action and we are already spending money we dont yet have.

Back