• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

AWKWARD

BRo6d2OCUAEn7lP.jpg:large

Is that him signing the transfer contract, then?

So is everyone of the opinion that there's no chance we can get him in the right frame of mind to play before the window shuts? I mean these early games are going to be vital and we need everyone, especially for scum away.

Lucky that we'll have Lamela then. And if he's not playing because he's sulking, I hope we stop his wages.

Lots of papers tonight saying we're spending big in order to persuade Bale to stay. That makes a nice change from "Spurs spending Bale money in advance".

In Norway we have a Premier League channel most of us pay for to watch the games. They are doing the review of 2012/2013 these days. Ive seen Bales game winning goal against West Ham at Upton Park over and over again. And what I think of is how he runs to AVB like a son runs to his father. Wish we could have a lot more of that kind of celebration in the coming season (s) - WITH Bale in our team [-o<

Lots of papers tonight saying we're spending big in order to persuade Bale to stay. That makes a nice change from "Spurs spending Bale money in advance".

Covering their arses, I suspect. Hopefully that's because someone higher up told them that there is no way Bale is leaving this season. Personally, I think the amount of tapping up that's gone on this season has almost guaranteed his departure next season.

Almost. I have a sneaking suspicion that we're spending now in order to try to put together a run at the title, with a domestic trophy and/or CL football thrown into the bargain. If we manage it, then Bale will probably stay for 2014-2015, and the money we make from CL football will cover this season's losses. If we don't do any of those things, then we have an asset we can sell for 50-60 million next season to balance the books. So effectively, the money we're spending now is almost risk free, since we'll make it back one way or another.

It's also why I think we're far from finished, even if Capoue comes in. I'd be willing to wager we'll bring in a top-class left back, a back-up centre back and a back-up striker before the window closes. And I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll make another marquee signing (Lamela? [-o< ) in order to improve our starting eleven even further and give the player, whomever he may be, a year to acclimatize to English football before putting a 'Bale replacement' burden on his shoulders, or give him two years playing with Bale to grow him into the best possible player he can be before moving Bale on.

Back