• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

"We've allowed conversations with Real confirmed by their coach, i think wrongly. The only thing we have communicated is he's not for sale"

"In football anything is possible, what we have communicated so far is that we are not willing to concede to their interest in the player"

:-k yeah, not for sale but if you offer 100 mill he is most likely yours

Im intrigued then as to why we havent offered an improved contract? There was no mention of it by AVB and its in that article above.

Surely by offering an improved contract it would work well for both Bale and us. We will have to pay more wages wise but if you want to keep the best players you gotta pay them unfortunately.

im not sure Levy wants to smash the wage structure...i always suspected that we wouldnt offer Bale a new deal because we would be talking 120k plus a week

How are we supposed to sign replacements if they would give us at least the standard 50% up front. No club is going to agree the same terms for us. You don't bid unless you have the money

i think a new contract for Bale is unlikely. the terms would be impossible to agree.
Bale would want it to specify an amount which, were such an offer received he could leave next year.
Levy though would want to specify the terms of such an offer (e.g. 50% up front, etc.).

I suspect if he stays he stays on the same deal he is on.

How are we supposed to sign replacements if they would give us at least the standard 50% up front. No club is going to agree the same terms for us. You don't bid unless you have the money

The real madrid contract can be like a guarantor for monies, the same way when you buy a house with a mortgage, you show your income. This is where Real will have to offset the interest that we will incur to buy players on finance by increasing their bid. This will ensure that we get 85mil in real time finance.

In all forms of businesses allot of things are purchased on credit, with debt deals etc. If they don't pay us up front then there will be ways for us to spend the money. We are effectively good for it. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

i think a new contract for Bale is unlikely. the terms would be impossible to agree.
Bale would want it to specify an amount which, were such an offer received he could leave next year.
Levy though would want to specify the terms of such an offer (e.g. 50% up front, etc.).

I suspect if he stays he stays on the same deal he is on.

I would have to disagree, Bale will sign a new contract if he is to stay. It will have a clause in it which will satisfy Levy and Bale, the current one does not.

Perhaps the issue with a new contract would be any sort of clause (release, etc) which could cause us problems in the future?

How have I not noticed this before!!!

He is a certain to stay!! LOOK!!

His car is taxed to Feb and rumour has it his MOT don't run out until next July

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375605379.086275.jpg

im not sure Levy wants to smash the wage structure...i always suspected that we wouldnt offer Bale a new deal because we would be talking 120k plus a week

we just destroyed the transfer system we had in place...anythings possible now. aint non of us safe

But it was Paulinho and Soldado ... in the same window ...Raped instead of destroyed?

Paulinho didn't really break it. He's 25, always possible he'll shine and clubs will want him for more in 2-3 years.

Soldado didn't fit in.

He's saying in terms of the model. Spending 25.8m on a 28 year old with little resale value and no chance of recouping the money is rare for us.

I think that means that Levy/Lewis is finally confident that AVB is their man, and they are willing to take a bit more risk because they have faith in him to get the right players.

He's saying in terms of the model. Spending 25.8m on a 28 year old with little resale value and no chance of recouping the money is rare for us.

To fill a problem position in the team, when there is a massive increase in TV revenue and we have had zero net spend in the previous three transfer windows.

Worth reading because its form Jason Burt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...adrid-until-new-bid-made-for-Gareth-Bale.html

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy not prepared to talk to Real Madrid until new bid made for Gareth Bale

Tottenham Hotspur will refuse to hold further talks with Real Madrid over the sale of Gareth Bale until the Spanish club substantially increase their world record-breaking offer for the Wales international.

Although there was an acceptance at the Premier League club last week that Bale’s departure was inevitable it is understood that Tottenham Chairman Daniel Levy has hardened his position having been angered by Real’s increasingly aggressive, and public, pursuit of the player.

Spurs are determined not to negotiate further with Real, who have already offered in excess of £80 million for Bale.

The open courting of the 24-year-old forward – by current Real players and the club’s coaching staff, including Zinedine Zidane – has annoyed Tottenham, who have also become frustrated at the injuries the Wales international has complained about since Real’s interest intensified.

Bale did not travel with the Tottenham squad for their prestige friendly away against Monaco on Saturday night having reported that he was suffering from a pain in his foot.
Bale was also ruled out of the recent Barclays Asia Trophy matches in Hong Kong after reporting a gluteal muscle problem.

Real President Florentino Pérez wants to hold talks with Levy in Miami next week in an attempt to thrash out a compromise.

Levy has a house in Florida but there is no guarantee that the Spurs chairman will agree to more negotiations.

Tottenham did speak with Real at Bale’s request after the player told Levy and head coach Andre Villas-Boas that he wished to leave the club.

Spurs felt that it was the right thing to do out of respect for Bale’s exemplary performances, but that goodwill is in danger of running dry.

Although Bale has set his heart on joining Real it is not thought that he will formally submit a transfer request even if he has been left bemused by Spurs’ failure to offer him an improved contract – as it had been claimed they would do.

Real, for their part, are prepared to increase their offer and will bid closer to £100 million although it is unclear exactly what Spurs’ valuation is for Bale.

Real have also offered to reconstitute the bid to include players with the Portuguese international Fabio Coentrao and the Argentinian Ángel di María mentioned as possible makeweights. It would appear, however, that Tottenham would only be interested in a straight cash offer.

Meanwhile, Jose Mourinho has revealed that he wanted Real Madrid to sign Bale last year while he was in charge at the Bernabéu.
“I asked the club to buy him last season but it was not possible,” the Portuguese said.

“It looks like it is happening this season so I am happy for them because they get a fantastic player but, of course, the numbers are huge numbers and the kid has to go now and there’s pressure to prove that he’s worth that investment.”

Flick off, Jose.

You'd love that, wouldn't you.

Jason Burt on Sunday Supplement earlier.
His view is that Bale will go.
He went on to say that Soldado and Paulinho were quality signings!

Sam Wallace, Independent, seemed v v sure that Bale will go and all three said that it was the Bale camp who are now pushing it as well as RM.

Back