• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I draw a line between RM the team and RM the management.

I don't. They have a sense of entitlement borne out from winning the first 5 European Cups when hardly anyone took part and that apparently entitles them to consider themselves about 10 cuts above anyone else. Never mind the fact they have only managed to win the thing 3 times in nearly 50 years.

Respect where it is due, they are a massive club but without that early run of European Cups would they be as widely feted? Unlikely.

Above all else, they operate with no class which is the worst feature of all of this and that extends to a number of their players too.

same thing, no? they won't offer what they can't afford.

as for still leaving it open with the comments - we're talking potentially about the worlds most expensive player and a club who have a history of making world record transfers happen - when we are talking those kinds of numbers then it would be foolish to rule any possibility of a deal happening.

i think what AVB has communicated is that firstly we do not want to sell Bale and secondly we are not inviting any offers for him. Im sure if they were to fax over an offer too good to refuse then things would change, but as is we are not asking them to bid (or raise any 'bids' they have initially made)

When it comes to RM I dont think it is the same thing. They would offer 150m over six years but I bet they will think about paying it when it comes to payment time. Buy now pay later - its what got this country into debt in the first instance.

I do agree about the leaving it open - I did mention that with what we would demand next year only four or five clubs will be able to offer it and that is RM so yeah youre right we would be foolish.

I guess im just thinking of it from a pride point of view. How they have acted has been shambolic and if someone ever acted like that to me ie spreading rumours etc - they would feel the wrath in an instant.

I don't think it is a rumour that they are in debt-they are seriously in debt.

But whether they can service the debt is the crux of the matter. And even if they couldn't a way would be found.

But there is always a line in the sand. RM are on the beach IMO.

Their debt is fine http://swissramble.blogspot.ie/2012/04/truth-about-debt-at-barcelona-and-real.html
They only have to pay 13m a year interest on it. Less interest on debt than Barcelona, Arsenal and United.

Worth reading because its form Jason Burt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...adrid-until-new-bid-made-for-Gareth-Bale.html

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy not prepared to talk to Real Madrid until new bid made for Gareth Bale

Tottenham Hotspur will refuse to hold further talks with Real Madrid over the sale of Gareth Bale until the Spanish club substantially increase their world record-breaking offer for the Wales international.

Although there was an acceptance at the Premier League club last week that Bale’s departure was inevitable it is understood that Tottenham Chairman Daniel Levy has hardened his position having been angered by Real’s increasingly aggressive, and public, pursuit of the player.

Spurs are determined not to negotiate further with Real, who have already offered in excess of £80 million for Bale.

The open courting of the 24-year-old forward – by current Real players and the club’s coaching staff, including Zinedine Zidane – has annoyed Tottenham, who have also become frustrated at the injuries the Wales international has complained about since Real’s interest intensified.

Bale did not travel with the Tottenham squad for their prestige friendly away against Monaco on Saturday night having reported that he was suffering from a pain in his foot.
Bale was also ruled out of the recent Barclays Asia Trophy matches in Hong Kong after reporting a gluteal muscle problem.

Real President Florentino Pérez wants to hold talks with Levy in Miami next week in an attempt to thrash out a compromise.

Levy has a house in Florida but there is no guarantee that the Spurs chairman will agree to more negotiations.

Tottenham did speak with Real at Bale’s request after the player told Levy and head coach Andre Villas-Boas that he wished to leave the club.

Spurs felt that it was the right thing to do out of respect for Bale’s exemplary performances, but that goodwill is in danger of running dry.

Although Bale has set his heart on joining Real it is not thought that he will formally submit a transfer request even if he has been left bemused by Spurs’ failure to offer him an improved contract – as it had been claimed they would do.

Real, for their part, are prepared to increase their offer and will bid closer to £100 million although it is unclear exactly what Spurs’ valuation is for Bale.

Real have also offered to reconstitute the bid to include players with the Portuguese international Fabio Coentrao and the Argentinian Ángel di María mentioned as possible makeweights. It would appear, however, that Tottenham would only be interested in a straight cash offer.

Meanwhile, Jose Mourinho has revealed that he wanted Real Madrid to sign Bale last year while he was in charge at the Bernabéu.
“I asked the club to buy him last season but it was not possible,” the Portuguese said.

“It looks like it is happening this season so I am happy for them because they get a fantastic player but, of course, the numbers are huge numbers and the kid has to go now and there’s pressure to prove that he’s worth that investment.”

Im intrigued then as to why we havent offered an improved contract? There was no mention of it by AVB and its in that article above.

Surely by offering an improved contract it would work well for both Bale and us. We will have to pay more wages wise but if you want to keep the best players you gotta pay them unfortunately.

I fully agree. I think Ancelotti gave a pretty general response in that he said RM were talking about the player to Spurs which is probably what he has been told regardless of how true it is, by Perez himself. Whereas the reality is that Perez and Zidane probably engineer a scenario such as that we have seen where numerous personalities come out and give a slightly varied line on how Bale would be perfect at Madrid.

It really is those two that are the problem and as far as Spurs go, If I was Levy, I would cancel the sporting agreement with them, with immediate effect. I fail to see where we benefit from it in any aspect although I am sure we must have some perks although I imagine they are more commercial as opposed to potential players being moved between the two clubs.

I also do not want them anywhere near Ledley King's testamonial as has been suggested for next summer. I want his opponents to be relative or be an extension of his example so a team that is reknowned for decency would be perfect (suggestions on a postcard) but definitely not Real Madrid who are anything but a bastion of decency.

Ajax or Dorrmund. Milan maybe but they aren't squeaky clean.

This guy is going to the Everton/Madrid game.

BQx_ivTCIAAOO6Y.jpg

Im intrigued then as to why we havent offered an improved contract? There was no mention of it by AVB and its in that article above.

Surely by offering an improved contract it would work well for both Bale and us. We will have to pay more wages wise but if you want to keep the best players you gotta pay them unfortunately.

Perhaps we just don't fancy publicising that he rejected us...

Is Bale really surprised that we haven't offered him a new contract if he has indeed told us he wants to leave? He's not the sharpest tool in the box if he can't figure out why that is, is he?

Tottenham demand £100m for Bale as owner Lewis takes over talks with Real Madrid
By MARK RYAN

Tottenham owner Joe Lewis will take control of talks over the sale of the Welshman to Real Madrid — and he will not settle for less than £100million in cash for his star man.

The Bahamas-based billionaire will meet Real Madrid president Florentino Perez in Miami or Phoenix, along with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

An insider said: ‘It isn’t just Daniel Levy involved now. It is Joe Lewis who is going to be facing Perez at the negotiating table. He wants to meet Perez and resolve the Bale situation.

‘The main outstanding issue is one of cash, rather than the question of which player, if any, comes to White Hart Lane from the Bernabeu. The sides are still some way apart.’

Lewis knows Perez is under massive pressure to land Bale for Madrid and Real may try to negotiate payment of the transfer fee in instalments to avoid falling foul of the financial fair play rules.

But if the Spaniards want five years to complete payment, Spurs could try to push the transfer fee up to £120m.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nham-want-100m-Real-Madrid.html#ixzz2ayfLR0z3

----------------------------------------------

We are bringing out all the big guns to deal with Real Madrid ! :ross:

When they boast that they have set aside 100m euros to secure a deal, they shouldn't be too surprised that we want he lot.

Real Madrid have only paid a fraction of the money they own Spurs from the Modric sale. They are a classic example of "the emperor with no clothes". They give an illusion of being a wealthy club whereas in reality they are only kept afloat on a sea of unsustainable debt. They represent a real credit risk. They must therefore stump up payment in full or else shut up or else no deal. It is clear at this stage that they do not have the finances in place to buy Gareth Bale from Spurs.

Isn't this a fair, non-knee jerk summary of where we are:

1. None of the press really knows what's going on. In todays papers, for every 'Spurs will take £105m' story, there is now a 'AVB won't sell' story. Any UK story based on a Marca story is nonsense.
2. No-one knows what if any offer has been made. If an offer has been made, it seems likely that it is (a) a figure which THFC consider too low and/or (b) made up of unrealistic valuations of part-ex players and/or (c) spread over an unacceptable period of time.
3. Whilst THFC (most recently last night via AVB) maintain a public stance that there is no deal and we have no intention to sell, the door has been left ajar, presumably on the basis that IF RM can offer the right sum in sufficiently large instalments, then w would sell him.
4. Bale, in all probability, wants to go. Whether this is pressure from his agent, family or his long held desire to play for Real, or a combination of all these things, we don't know. Even if he is desperate to go (and i would imagine his desperation will be tempered to a degree by the recent arrival of his first child) he probably knows that he will be sold next summer. The concern i have is the 'injuries' keeping him from playing pre-season games - is that Bale being difficult ('I've got a sore foot so can't play') or is it the club being overly cautious in case we are on the verge of a sale? I'm not sure but if either i hope its the latter - if Bale is over-egging injuries now, wait until the season starts and the likes of Charlie Adam are bearing down on him - he wont want to risk an injury that might jeopardise his future move.
5. What we do know is that whilst earlier in the summer Bale was making the right noises (there was one fairly recent interview where he talked of the season ahead with Spurs and his relationship with AVB) he is now making no noises at all. if he was happy to stay and the club wanted him to stay, the PR team would issue a statement worded in such a way that warded off potential buyers now, but keeping the door open for next summer ('as I've said, i am happy at Spurs and am not focusing on anything beyond this season'). His silence indicates that one or both of Bale and Spurs want the door open for a deal to happen.
6. all of this means to me that the most likely outcome is that IF Madrid were to offer the best part of £100m and that was made up of all cash, 50% being paid now, then the deal would be on, but without that I suspect no deal will be done. But what Levy must do is set a deadline of sometime in the next week. The biggest fear is that between now and the end of August, Madrid sell one or two decent players and suddenly, with a week of the window to go, Madrid come up with the 50% instalment - too late then for us to get a replacement and that'd be a body-blow.

COYS

Back