• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Gibbs clips his heel then Scezney Hawkes clips the same foot with his right hand, plain as day, it also looks to me as if the Gibbs contact is deliberate so penalty! Oh and just for the record Bale does dive and I dont condone it but I cant see the problem here TBH.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."

We also have a good mix of three strikers now, two of whom have a good presence in the box physically, all 3 of whom have good movement in there. Last season, we lofted in cross after cross from Bale and Lennon, often to try to find a lone Defoe or Crouch. Unsurprisingly that didn't work.

Now we have these three, we're not crossing very much are we? Lennon has been injured so we need Bale to provide that width and those crosses. Especially as his running and crossing are probably still the best elements of his game.

I've seen it loads of times and I still can't see contact with Scezeny. With Gibbs though there might have been but not a pen for me. Let's look at facts though, Gareth Bale is the most booked player in the league when it comes to diving. There has also been times where he hasn't got caught doing it. Theres only so many times someone can say "he dropped to avoid what would have been a nasty challenge by the opposing player" , or he "dropped to protect himself" , or "yep there was minimal contact if you slow down your tv and watch it for the 3000 time". You can bet your arse if gooner scum were making these excuses for their players we'd be having a field day.

scezeny's right hand and bales left foot. bale was already tripping or falling over and the touch was slight but it was there and it happened. i just literally looked at it for humour not more than 5 mins ago.

slowing down your TV to watch it isnt an excuse, i saw that first time personally, but then again i'm anal about stuff like that. maybe you cant see the contacts from either gibbs or scezeny(not sure which one you cant see, scezeny is it? but in gibbs case you can see contact but dont think its enough? am i right?) but thankfully i dont think we need to validate each others opinions on this. we are grown men i saw contact and i feel he was well within his rights to drop, you dont see enough contact to warrant a fall fair enough..i respect your opinion on that

i would also expect a gooner fan to make those 'excuses' ..its called being a fan...nothing really changes. if my brother killed someone i wouldnt be begging the judge to send him to the chair, i'd get the best defence possible. bale is on my team and i'm not going to act like some kind of angel pointing my finger, unfortunately for me in supporting a football club (which to many would be considered an evil in itself) i have chosen to back that team and players as much as i can whenever i can..short of raping women and some truly hideous act on innocent society.... i wont be joining a lynch mob on my own player. especially one that i would rather see in my shirt than someone else's

dont get me wrong, stand your ground and stay your course with the outrage, well not outrage as such but you know what i mean, cause its the right thing to do, it is the chnically the moral thing to do if we were all honest to ourselves. i'm just not even nearly perfect and one of my imperfections is looking for the silver lining in things like these, i mean why shouldnt bad challenges and mistimed challenges not get punished?

Last edited:
The only way diving is going to be stamped out is if they start handing out retrospective bans to players who have been found guilty of diving, 5 games should be enough to stop players doing it. I think it will happen eventually.

The only way diving is going to be stamped out is if they start handing out retrospective bans to players who have been found guilty of diving, 5 games should be enough to stop players doing it. I think it will happen eventually.

I agree, although I think a 2 match ban will probably be enough to get the job done. The weakness of FIFA/UEFA is to me clearly shown in their unwillingness to deal with diving.

The question, for me, is until such rules come into play is it ok for Spurs players to dive? I hate it when they do and can't get myself to condone it. When at first the Bale penalty against Arsenal looked like a dive (first replay didn't show the Gibbs contact) it felt wrong. Even when Ade scored I wasn't nearly as happy as when we scored the 1-0 goal.

But at the same time, if other teams are diving (and many of them are), we can by playing fair be costing ourselves league positions. The difference between getting into the CL or not, or the difference between winning the league or not might be that the other team dived somewhat frequently, but we didn't. That sure as hell doesn't make me feel happy either.

I think there's an other approach to the Bale issue (and let me clarify, I am still of the opinion that most of the time he is moving at such speed that contact sends him over)...IF the coaching staff feels there is a problem, they need to make him very, very aware of it and tell him to stamp it out. IF they see it that way.

For me, personally, a far bigger problem is his reaction to challenges. Early on Sunday Sagna clipped him, and he went down looking like a wounded dog, complete with childlike frown. I think Bale is a wonderful talent, but by doing this sort of stuff, he hands an immediate advantage to his antagonists. He needs to laugh, brush himself off, get up and make sure he goes EXACTLY for that person AGAIN. Instead, on Sunday, he drifted all over the place, thus avoiding Sagna.

Indeed, if we follow that through the first-half, Sagna's 'wonder-header' came as a consequence of Bale having left him all alone in the box. Not good enough.

We need to give him the annual 'toughen up now' speech, and he needs to do so Sunday when he will be nudged and kicked by the likes of Giggs and Scholes, not to mention De Silva...

I think there's an other approach to the Bale issue (and let me clarify, I am still of the opinion that most of the time he is moving at such speed that contact sends him over)...IF the coaching staff feels there is a problem, they need to make him very, very aware of it and tell him to stamp it out. IF they see it that way.

For me, personally, a far bigger problem is his reaction to challenges. Early on Sunday Sagna clipped him, and he went down looking like a wounded dog, complete with childlike frown. I think Bale is a wonderful talent, but by doing this sort of stuff, he hands an immediate advantage to his antagonists. He needs to laugh, brush himself off, get up and make sure he goes EXACTLY for that person AGAIN. Instead, on Sunday, he drifted all over the place, thus avoiding Sagna.

Indeed, if we follow that through the first-half, Sagna's 'wonder-header' came as a consequence of Bale having left him all alone in the box. Not good enough.

We need to give him the annual 'toughen up now' speech, and he needs to do so Sunday when he will be nudged and kicked by the likes of Giggs and Scholes, not to mention De Silva...

I agree with this. Messi is the perfect example of how to react to being kicked. He gets up and gets on with it unless he's on the end of a real bad challenge. Bale is always going to be a target as long as he keeps banging the floor with his fists every time he gets tackled.

Messi is indeed the example to follow (on numerous factors, obviously).

He is stubborn, he is impossible to provoce and he just keeps going.

Bale doesn't come across as a taco, as a brawler, as a Barton'esque complainer or as baby bentley footballer. Why does he do this ? Doesn't he have good mate, a family or a missus who can tell him it's embarrasing ? And where the f*ck is Redknapp and the old folks at Spurs ?

Bale doesn't come across as a taco, as a brawler, as a Barton'esque complainer or as baby bentley footballer. Why does he do this ? Doesn't he have good mate, a family or a missus who can tell him it's embarrasing ? And where the f*ck is Redknapp and the old folks at Spurs ?

I think Bale just needs to man up a little.

I agree with this. Messi is the perfect example of how to react to being kicked. He gets up and gets on with it unless he's on the end of a real bad challenge. Bale is always going to be a target as long as he keeps banging the floor with his fists every time he gets tackled.

It's what has added to Messi's aura ...no matter what they do to him, he just bounces up and gets on with it, preferably by targeting his antagonist as soon as possible...

Absolutely.
Management needs to tell him.

Bale got to the ball first, neither defender touched it and both contacted him... was always a pen. Still wish he wouldn't go down so dramatically though... if he had run through it he probably could have scored.

Jesus

this is like looking at a corpse and worrying about which of the 10 knives stuck in him, was the one that killed him.

more than one defender went in on the guy at the same time and the ball kept going under Bales control until he went down. What does it matter. Anywhere elso on the pitch its a foul. In the pennalty area its a penalty. Do spurs players have to die, before some of you are satisfied?

Some of you lot need to dismount. Those high horses need feeding occasionally.

The way I view it is this. A player is running in on goal, two players go for the ball and miss it instead stopping Bale from running in on goal and having a clear goal scoring opportunity - and its not a foul?

A player does not have to be touched for it to be a foul. If a player is running in on goal and an opposition player runs across him right in front of him without touching the said player - is that not a free kick? if a player dives in on another player completely misses the ball and forcing the other player to jump over the tackle thus stopping his run in on goal and scoring - is that not a free kick?

Im sorry but two offences here - one player the GK didnt get the ball but as far as im concerned he is entitled to go for the ball as he is a GK, it was the defender who 'tackled' Bale from behind yet did not get the ball (two offences with that tackle)

Jesus

this is like looking at a corpse and worrying about which of the 10 knives stuck in him, was the one that killed him.

more than one defender went in on the guy at the same time and the ball kept going under Bales control until he went down. What does it matter. Anywhere elso on the pitch its a foul. In the pennalty area its a penalty. Do spurs players have to die, before some of you are satisfied?

Some of you lot need to dismount. Those high horses need feeding occasionally.

Well fecking said,some of the stuff being said about one of the best player is over the top..........like i said before hes being taken out a few times and been strechered off,some people prefer that to happen i think.

Back