• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

That article from the Standard is good because it has a direct quote from Sherwood on Bale.

For the implications of the meeting in Bahamas I think they're just speculating at the very best. I thought the article posted in the transfer section in the 'Villas-Boas, Levy & Lewis to thrash out Tottenham summer plans' thread seemed slightly less speculative on what's going on. Written by Greg Stobart too who seems to be cued in on what's going on at Spurs.

Then what is the point of this?

"Tottenham’s billionaire owner Joe Lewis is planning to hold talks with chairman Daniel Levy and coach Andre Villas-Boas ahead of a friendly against the Jamaican national team on Thursday."

what's the point in the owner of our Club holding a meeting with the head coach and the guy who runs things for him on a day to day basis?

i have no idea

make your mind up, first you say there's no way Lewis will be dipping in to his pockets - now you seem to be hinting that's what the meetings about - which is it?

Lewis owns the club, has the team play an exhibition match in the country where he is based and is no doubt going to use the opportunity to see what's happening with the club after a first season with the new coach and discuss what the plans are for the future/what their (Levy/AVBs) targets are and if they marry up with his.

So you think this is an every day "how's it going lads" kinda deal then?
Of course it's not an every day thing, it's an end-of-season summit. I, for one, would be very surprised if a meeting between the main shareholder, the chairman and the club manager didn't happen at the end of the season.

the thing is, what the fudge does Lewis know about running a football club, seems to me he's left it to Levy from the moment Enic took over, not sure i want him throwing his oar in now

Well if you believe Harry ... it was Lewis who got him sacked, not Levy.

At the end of the season. Following what you'd assume was an end of season meeting.

Perfectly happy for Lewis to voice his opinion at an end of season meeting, as long as he's not getting involved mid-season.

It has to be a talk primarily about money. Speculate to accumulate and all that malarkey (I hope).

Lewis isn't about to put his hand in his pocket Abramovich style, but he is more involved in the club than people think and becoming more so in recent years.

Autonomy our shirt sponsors are part of Lewis's empire and I think he has an interest in Investec.

Lewis prefers to take a back-seat and let Levy be the public face of ENIC but they are two peas in a pod by all accounts and he does have a massive say in how we are run

Alternatively, the meeting could be for Joe Lewis/Levy to say to AVB: "shut the F--- up with all the 'we must do this and that in the transfer market' you little pip; you do your job mofo and we'll do ours. Kappish?"8-[

[video=youtube_share;g4wUSGXiSr0]http://youtu.be/g4wUSGXiSr0[/video]

LOL at the kid behind Levy, the commentator and Freund acting like loads of score notes were flying out a cash machine.

Lewis isn't about to put his hand in his pocket Abramovich style, but he is more involved in the club than people think and becoming more so in recent years.

Autonomy our shirt sponsors are part of Lewis's empire and I think he has an interest in Investec.

Lewis prefers to take a back-seat and let Levy be the public face of ENIC but they are two peas in a pod by all accounts and he does have a massive say in how we are run

Autonomy were bought lock stock by Hewlett Packard last year, there is a court case going on at the minute because basically Hewlett Packard say the books were cooked and the company isn't worth the 6 Billion or whatever it was it cost to buy them. Incidently one of the finance companies that said what the company was worth that figure was Investec.. :-k Who has there fingers in Investec... alledgedly. Taken from the news on the internet.

Now moved on to the HP shareholders sueing the HP board members :ross:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...0038071/HP-board-sued-over-Autonomy-deal.html

Last edited:

Alternatively, the meeting could be for Joe Lewis/Levy to say to AVB: "shut the F--- up with all the 'we must do this and that in the transfer market' you little pip; you do your job mofo and we'll do ours. Kappish?"8-[

When did they become characters from Chips

I want him to stay but I just have a feeling he wants to play with Ronaldo at Madrid.

Turning down Madrid is a bold thing for anyone to do, He might not get this opportunity in the future.

[video=youtube_share;g4wUSGXiSr0]http://youtu.be/g4wUSGXiSr0[/video]

LOL at the kid behind Levy, the commentator and Freund acting like loads of score notes were flying out a cash machine.

The guy wearing RUN DMC t-shirt at 0:58 to the left was in my football team for two years at uni, noticed him during the game. I remember once we were playing in the University of Brighton 7 a side cup final last yea, nearing the final whistle the team were defending a 1-0 lead, out of now he just randomly went mental throwing his arms whilst they were on the back foot screaming "C'MON BOYS FFS!!!! WE GOTTA WIN THIS, C'MON!!!!! FFS!!!!! CONCENTRATE fudging C'MON, WE NEED TO WIN THIS C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!!!" whilst slightly squatting down a bit and going bright red, some of the people not playing were on the sidelines tinkling themselves after his motivational madness. Still, won the game and the cup so he must've done something right :lol:

Last edited:
Back