• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

2pp084l.jpg

And the Daily Mail rubbish factory churning out a secondary piece saying Bale is 'pleading' for Spurs to give him 200k/wk to stay. Other news sites saying he's already agreed a deal for 150k..

Me? If I were Joe Lewis? Given the important role Bale could play in helping drive shirt and stadium sponsorship deals? I'd offer him a percentage of ownership to commit his career to Spurs.

The award for the first qunt of the off season goes too..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-leave-Tottenham-ideal-Manchester-United.html

Bale is a Champions League player in a Europa League team. He's done all he can at Spurs and now is the time to get out... he'd be ideal for Manchester United

By Neil Ashton

Everyone always talks about how it's pointless to complain about the inherent unfairness of modern football transfers because it's a sort of chain of poaching from top to bottom, and that Tottenham are just as likely to poach someone else's star as United are to poach Tottenham's.

Well, I'm still waiting for 'DAMIAO IS A EUROPA LEAGUE PLAYER IN A CAMPEONATO BRASILEIRO TEAM. NOW IS THE TIME TO GET OUT. HE'D BE IDEAL FOR SPURS.

- Joao Cordeiro
'

Just once. :)

That goal is a thing of absolute beauty.

What a player!

I look forward to seeing him win silverware with us next season...

Autonomy were bought lock stock by Hewlett Packard last year, there is a court case going on at the minute because basically Hewlett Packard say the books were cooked and the company isn't worth the 6 Billion or whatever it was it cost to buy them. Incidently one of the finance companies that said what the company was worth that figure was Investec.. :-k Who has there fingers in Investec... alledgedly. Taken from the news on the internet.

Now moved on to the HP shareholders sueing the HP board members :ross:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...0038071/HP-board-sued-over-Autonomy-deal.html

Ha - interesting! I had forgotten about that. Still at the time they came onboard as sponsors they were part of the Tavistock group if I am not mistaken. My point was that our destiny is shaped by Lewis more than people think. You go on the Tavistock website and the first thing under Portfolio that comes up is Spurs. We're a big deal for Lewis, although I maintain we're seen more of an investment than as a toy. It's in his interest to invest enough to make us successful, but I don't feel he envisages losing money on us either.

What if we've accepted that Bale will go within a season, but have decided to spend the money from the sale now? This would make sense as Bale is a draw himself, rather than wait until he goes to try to buy players with the money? If the gamble pays off and we look like challenging for honours he may even want to stay.

What if we've accepted that Bale will go within a season, but have decided to spend the money from the sale now? This would make sense as Bale is a draw himself, rather than wait until he goes to try to buy players with the money? If the gamble pays off and we look like challenging for honours he may even want to stay.

Terribly dangerous strategy. What if he ruptures his cruciate next season? We won't be able to sell him that summer and will suddenly have an enormous, Bale-shaped red hole in our accounts.

I think it might allow us to spend a little more freely. ("Think" and "might" being the key words here).

I don't think we'll see us spend £40-50m this summer though, with the view to cash in on Bale to cover for that next summer unless we end up performing way above expectations. Would be an interesting gamble, and it certainly would make for a great summer, I just don't think it's likely. Some serious risks involved in taking that strategy.

I think it might allow us to spend a little more freely. ("Think" and "might" being the key words here).

I don't think we'll see us spend £40-50m this summer though, with the view to cash in on Bale to cover for that next summer unless we end up performing way above expectations. Would be an interesting gamble, and it certainly would make for a great summer, I just don't think it's likely. Some serious risks involved in taking that strategy.

So how much do you think we'll be looking to spend (net)?

Wow....ummm 5th/6th it is then.

How defeatist is that?

Dembele, Vertonghen and Lloris are likely to be better next season after a season to get settled and a full pre-season. Sandro will be back, we still have Bale, I can't imagine our strikers won't total more goals next season whoever they end up being. A couple more signings like Dembele, Vertonghen and Lloris this summer and I think we'll take a really good step in the right direction.

How defeatist is that?

Dembele, Vertonghen and Lloris are likely to be better next season after a season to get settled and a full pre-season. Sandro will be back, we still have Bale, I can't imagine our strikers won't total more goals next season whoever they end up being. A couple more signings like Dembele, Vertonghen and Lloris this summer and I think we'll take a really good step in the right direction.

How do you propose we do that with a 15m net spend?

How do you propose we do that with a 15m net spend?

I imagine we will sell some players too. Going by reported fees Lloris and Vertonghen didn't cost much more than £20m combined. We could fund two signings in the price range just with net spend I guessed at and one or two outgoings.

If we sell players for £15-20m and have a net spend like the one I suggested we'll have £30-40m to spend, should be able to significantly strengthen our team with that.

Back