• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

.................Benzema
Ronaldo......Isco/Özil.........Bale

anyway, i think Ancelotti will let Benzema, Bale and Ronaldo interchange positions and give them the freedom to roam

.................Benzema
Ronaldo......Isco/Özil.........Bale

anyway, i think Ancelotti will let Benzema, Bale and Ronaldo interchange positions and give them the freedom to roam

497 pages in.... and we finally give up the ghost of putting Bale into Tottenham XIs :(

Seeing as he'll be at Real Madrid I hope he's a complete failure, with his arrival leading to massive dressing room discontent. **** Real and quite frankly anyone that doesn't play for Spurs.

Same feeling here. Will start to hate Bale if and when he joins Real. Hope he will fail like Modric. Can't believe he will turn against us like this. Thought he will use a diplomatic way to go to other clubs, instead of forcing us like this. Hope he will jinx Real like Modric have done. Funny they have not won anything since Modric joined them.

Who knows maybe Bale is the jinx to us. Remember we went 24 matches without a win when he played. And we qualified to the CL when he was a fringe player. Ever since he become a regular for us, we have failed to qualify for CL. Maybe we will become a regular CL team once he leaves for Real.

I actually believe Bale going might be the making of us.

Currently he is obviously the number 1 player at Tottenham. However there were occassions last season where I'd have preferred for him to play a through ball to Defoe, Dempsey or Siggi when instead he preferred to shoot. We couldn't complain too much though because of the no. of and type of goals he scored.

But.....if he goes we have to start playing more like a team, intead of giving it to the "good kid up front"

Might not be just Levy. The board might step in and accept the offer if it's too good to refuse.

What do the board know about how to develop a winning football team and indeed club..probably not a lot..

Bale could be our Cantana and shoot us into the Big Time.

Now that worth a little bit more than a hundred million euro's!

and thats..................................the bottom line!

Currently he is obviously the number 1 player at Tottenham. However there were occassions last season where I'd have preferred for him to play a through ball to Defoe, Dempsey or Siggi when instead he preferred to shoot. We couldn't complain too much though because of the no. of and type of goals he scored.

But.....if he goes we have to start playing more like a team, intead of giving it to the "good kid up front"

I agree, the possibilities are endless for us and the world does not end with Bale...we have a great squad now with our without Bale and if he goes good luck to him, we have been part of his amazing career

I take your point and to a certain extent, I agree with what you say.

But having one of the world's top players at Spurs is worth far more than simply the results.

He adds focus and prestige to the club and is a key part in attracting potential sponsors.

Seems a lot of people have accepted bale has gone. Any reason I should believe these latest Bale done deal rumours anymore than all the previous ones?

We should force the issue with him..he is under our contract!

Another season with us..and then see if he wants to go to Madrid.

just **** him off now. It's been too long.

I'm just glad we actually have grown up players now who know not to throw toys out of the pram and get disrupted (ala Berba, Keane, Modric etc)

I'm starting to think he will go now, yet still hold out hope Madrid won't be able to finance the deal properly. It isn't like we are being left short on the last day of the transfer window like with Berbatov, we have done a lot of business already, undoubtedly going to do some more, then break even afterwards. By selling after we have brought in a new host of players, we haven't been held ransom for more money. Look at Arsenal, announce they have a huge budget, then teams want a higher price for their players.

Seems a lot of people have accepted bale has gone. Any reason I should believe these latest Bale done deal rumours anymore than all the previous ones?

Baldini has arrived in Madrid. Not proof by any means, but gets you to thinking

just **** him off now. It's been too long.

I'm just glad we actually have grown up players now who know not to throw toys out of the pram and get disrupted (ala Berba, Keane, Modric etc)

exactly, whatever happens I think he deserved credit for keeping his head down through all this

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 6m
Franco Baldini back at Tottenham's training ground, having been in Madrid yesterday. Told trip had 'nothing to do' with Bale ...

Wish we can keep Bale just to prove to the media and big clubs like Real that we are not a selling club anymore and can keep our best players. Instead, it is going to be really annoying to know that Bale will be joining them and that the media have been right about that all along. Wish Levy can stop Bale from leaving atleast until January just to prove the media wrong.

Would be a terrible way to do our business. I trust Levy, Baldini, AVB and the board are thoroughly professional though so I'm not worried.

The focus should be on what is the best for Spurs, that's the one and only real goal here. Doing something to spite a club would be terrible, doing something to spite a player would be even worse, doing something to spite the media would be absolutely shocking.

What do the board know about how to develop a winning football team and indeed club..probably not a lot..

Bale could be our Cantana and shoot us into the Big Time.

Now that worth a little bit more than a hundred million euro's!

and thats..................................the bottom line!

Ifs and maybes and all that stuff. Presenting one hypothetical outcome of one of the many possible choices the club could make as the bottom line is at best incomplete.

Willian and Lamela, two of the most exciting attacking young players in the world, linking up with Soldado, Paulinho and all our other quality players could also shoot us into the Big Time.

Ulitmately £93m worth of Baldini and AVB rated top talent might very well be better for the club than Gareth Bale. That possibility must be compared to the possibility you present.

A lot of the current speculation is based on what Italian journalist Gianluca Di Marzio (https://twitter.com/dimarzio) is saying. He seems to be highly rated and not one of the normal bull**** peddlers. Several people on this forum, journalists and people on other forums have been saying that he's about as trustworthy as anyone.

In addition to that there's the seemingly very solid links to Willian and Lamela, the natural conclusion from two such high profile signings is that we will most likely have some money coming in.

AVB has seemingly also changed his tone on Bale. His comments are open to interpretation and speculation, but most people think what he's saying indicates that Bale is very likely to leave.

Then there's all the other speculation piling up.

Back