• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

TBH I don't rate Coentrao much higher than ABE, would rather we tried to work a CB into the deal instead. Would be ecstatic if we could get Varane

But we're selling BAE and Coentrao is far better than Rose.

There's no way they would sell Varane to anyone.

Looks over bar the shouting. Sid Lowe is a decent source.
I'm glad this isnt gonna end up dragging out with Bale no turning up for the NLD.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/21/gareth-bale-real-madrid-spurs-baldini

Gareth Bale's move to Real nears as Franco Baldini arrives in Madrid
• Tottenham's sporting director wants Coentrão as part of deal
• Baldini in discussions with Roma over Lamela and Pjanic

Sid Lowe in Madrid

Gareth Bale's signing for Real Madrid drew closer on Wednesday night when Spurs' sporting director Franco Baldini travelled to the Spanish capital, where he continued negotiations with Roma over Erik Lamela and Miralem Pjanic and sought to close a deal to have a Madrid player involved in the Bale transfer.

Sources at Madrid remain convinced that the Bale move will go ahead and Spurs do not want the saga to run to the final day. Both sides expect the deal to take place and it is believed the discussions now centre on whether there will be a player exchange involved, possibly Fábio Coentrão or whether it will be a straight cash deal.

Spurs have spent £60m on players and a £30m deal for Willian is likely to be finalised before the weekend, but André Villas-Boas remained coy when asked if Lamela and Coentrão were also imminent arrivals.

"They have not signed for Spurs," said the Tottenham manager. "Both of them are great players but I cannot extend myself. We will see some new players in defence and attack,"

But we're selling BAE and Coentrao is far better than Rose.

There's no way they would sell Varane to anyone.

Getting Coentrao is massively important...Benny has been frozen out and i'm still not 100% sure about Rose, so if we cant get it agreed we look a bit short at LB. That said if Coentrao comes Rose may get the hump judging by his recent comments.

Getting Coentrao is massively important...Benny has been frozen out and i'm still not 100% sure about Rose, so if we cant get it agreed we look a bit short at LB. That said if Coentrao comes Rose may get the hump judging by his recent comments.

He can have the hump all he likes, the fact is we'd be bringing a player in in his position who is better than him.

TBH I don't rate Coentrao much higher than ABE, would rather we tried to work a CB into the deal instead. Would be ecstatic if we could get Varane

Are you having a laugh? There is zero chance they will sell Varane

I have a feeling that Bale is going to seriously regret this move. I just don't think he has the personality to deal with Madrid and the pressure that will come with being there and being the biggest transfer in football history.

Are you having a laugh? There is zero chance they will sell Varane

Eh, there were talks of Morata being part of a deal, another highly rated youngter. I wouldn't put anything past Real in their pursuit of it's next Galacticus, they are about to spend almost 100 million on a player they don't even really need.

I love Bale, and I wish he would stay and be Tottenhams Gerrard... but I do understand him if he is leaving...
I would never in my life boooo Bale if we play against him...

What would happen if Tottenham sold bale and had not bought one player? Levy and the rest of spurs would be judge to hell by the supporters, and buying New players for the right Money would be hard, when Clubs know we have over 100mill and need New players... price would go up.

So levy and the rest do the right thing they buy so many players that the supporters say (like we do) we have a great team without Bale...

I hope bale will be the best player in the world, and Im proud he took the biggest step in Spurs.

I just hope we dont just get so many players that we cant give a New Bale a chance... Becouse Tottenham did one thing With bale, We dared and we did, and in the end the world of football won.

THE END IS NEAR

i would never boo him either...but if he wants to leave...he can **** off. i am a disgruntled old horny prick & i support tottenham. so COYS!!!

Good luck to him. I hope he tears it up. It was a joy to watch him.

I'm so pleased I was able to present him with his Player of the Season award last season.

If he goes, best of luck to him

We should put a buy back clause just in case it doesn't work out for him.

Back