• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Sell Bale for £90m
Include a buy back clause for £40m
Activate clause by offering £40m
Split £50m profit with Bale
We now have Bale and £25m to spend on another player
fudge yeah!

Sell Bale for £90m
fudge yeah!

Another great idea is buy Euros from a bureau de change at .90p and sell them back at £1.

at steff

but don't even TRY to hold me to 'alonso/gerrard/scholes' because he is not those players...we know he is more of a Lampard. I would LOVE to see a Modric type back but i don't believe that's the direction AVB's going and that's fine by me, he has my trust.

okay so he isnt a playmaker passer , but then is he a shot range passer thats excellent? Lampard is actually a very good passer....and has the comfort to go short and long very well. granted he doesnt utilise the long range as often by lampard really can pass well and is not afraid to thread balls to stationary recipients between opposition corridors. So i'll hold you to the short range excellent passing then. My aim is to stop superlatives coming from you unecessarily....REALLY excellent passer at times means really excellent. not just alright..and you've said that like you know whats up with paulinho's ability.

I dont know about AVB having my trust, even though i think he has. one thing i do know is that he is clearly going with Jose mourinho's formula, which works AMAZING. if he wasnt to go down that route, he has my loyalty, completely.

Agreed. I made this point several times last season when people were complaining. AVB did what he had to do to get us 72 points, and that was to maximize his resources. He always planned this summer as 'the revolution' i.e. Soldado-calibre strikers, and Levy/Lewis knew it. I think he'd have walked if he hadn't had assurances that he could sign that type of player (financially that is)...I think the Bale factor was huge because he was producing, but yes, again as said last season, that was because AVB had the team working to maximize his impact in games. What he did with Adebayor (to me anyway) was genius, considering he had a player who basically wasn't mentally there half-the time. He still found a way to make him effective! Incredible!

i dont know why he didnt bring them in last summer then. why wait a whole year to NOT make the CL and lose the star player and wait till the next summer for 'the revolution'? Maybe thats what happened, no one can truly know. The only thing i think i dont agree with is the Adebayor thing....i can only assume that you never really paid attention to Ade in other locations. I can tell you that i did, and a lot of other west africans and gooners did too. Nothing that ade did last season was new, except be REALLY bad in front of goal due to a confidence issue. his erratic movements and wide channel plays have been there since he was at arsenal..so much so that i argued before that this was a wenger trait.....but am not so sure of. there was no genious there from AVB .....more you just really seeing Ade for the first time in that light...which is weird cause ADe did that for us TWO seasons ago...and better infact. but of course two seasons ago it was the man you didnt like so there could just be bias there, even though the numbers dont lie. But positionally ade has been pulling defenders out to the channels since he started playing in england.
Now now, less of the 'you don't like to think this way'...you would be very surprised at what I do my friend, and the people it exposes me to. I know how it all works. I just choose not to subscribe to the flimflam in my own philosophies/life. I see people get eaten alive by this brick, they might be wealthy but they have no soul. fudge THAT! I'll take waling on the beach with my dog over a porsche any fudging day!
Anyway, back to the point about Bale. You might very well be right, but AVB does not want that in his dressing room. It's why he wasn;t sure about Ade last summer...oops! Must stop!!!!!!!! LOL...ANYWAY, yes, if AVB decides then he will get over it BUT it will NEVER be quite the same. The fresh-faced naivety has gone. He has grown a beard and chest hair. He is now not an aspiring kid with world superstar qualities, but the world superstar himself. He has a machine behind him. He is responsible for salaries and lives just within his own circle. He is a creator of jobs.

eh? should we go back over this thread and show you exactly where it seems that you are okay with a shake, a smile and a promise. you cant turn round now and make it seem like you understand what i was saying all along. LOL...noooo way. what were we talking about then before? about all those big wigs that got side punched by this 'suprising' bale fiasco. thought you said that not everyone thinks like me and i should really change jobs etc. now its like you're saying"i was just talking about how i would like to behave"well thats obvious isnt it? who wants to be a treacherous turncoat 24/7 of the year? no one, but the fact is that people do that on the regular. actually this is going to get long.....longer that it is now anyway. I think the best thing is to just find those posts you made and see if i read them wrong. cause it sounds like a U turn to me

"Do you have children? I have a son a few years younger. And at that age they are absolutely not mentally-developed to deal with adulthood (most of them) let alone the brick he deals with. In a sense you must then understand the chain of events this summer, and how utterly disgraceful Madrid's tactics have been. Apply your observations and imagine being courted by world superstars. And your agent is courted by the buisnessmen. And suddenly what you thought you were happy to do for another year doesn't seem so great because these entities are filling your head with other information...yes my friend, they are children in many ways."

agreed but i would go one step farther and say that they are still very very much deficient in their responsibilities and character development as an adult then the kids how are in their early 20s now that havent yet developed. Bale might claim to be upset..and maybe he is but he will get over it and he will enjoy after a while if he stays this year. GUaranteed...and AVB will be happy about it to even though it isnt ideal.

If I gave you an answer to that question you'd get tinkled off ;-) But the answer is actually there for all to figure out...it's not hard to work out. Put it this way, if Bale was sold NEXT summer, it essentially gives you an 80-million "loan' on trying to make CL football/win a pot this season.

actually mate i wouldnt get tinkled off, honestly. but i think you would if i challenged you on it as you do consistently. All i am going to say is that with all your alleged connections out there, my view of the world and a bit of common sense came out trumps....dont hate the player hommie...hate the GAME!!!;)

edit:- actually am not sure how that makes sense on have an 80 million pounds loan. that doesnt make sense to me. it wouldnt be a loan cause we would still have the asset but then we get the money back in the next summer. its a delayed sell. It it was a loan then we would have to pay them back with no expenses incurred by them....they would still owe us the money when we give them bale. have i got this right?

and i am not sure whats actually obvious. you said bale was most likely leaving due to this untenable situation....and people are reacting to it. how is whats happening so obvious outside of whats actually happening?

Last edited:

Sell Bale for £90m
fudge yeah!

sounds odd doesnt it. from a business perspective who would want to put themselves in that position. To be at the mercy of an instant 50 million pound loss. Heaven forbid bale gets home sick...straight away those guys are out 50 million. 50 million good reasons not to set the buy back clause that low

the only way around that is to be sure that the player would never want to leave. but then whats the need of a buy back

He's not a Bale type player. He isn't as fast or as powerful and relies more on his skill and creativity (he does also contribute in terms of goals too).. He' a fantastic player but will cost upwards of 30m (probably more with them knowing how much we're getting for bale).

And worth every bit of €30m too

Sell Bale for £90m
fudge yeah!

Unfeasible.

We'd end up paying Bale an additional 25m when he came back to us in wages and sign on fees. The only winner in that situation would be Bale.

If we're gonna sell him then we need to do it now so it gives us a few weeks to get some decent players in. The longer and longer we leave it the less likely teams are going to want to part with their top players.

Unfeasible.

We'd end up paying Bale an additional 25m when he came back to us in wages and sign on fees. The only winner in that situation would be Bale.

At least Bale gets to win SOMETHING. That IS the reason these sorts of players leave Spurs, innit?

I think you're all missing the post of the thread here

Right this is the last I'm posting in this topic.

BALE is off.

He pinned his ears back. He is very self conscious.

He has outgrown us and his friends.

He has a big head.

He wants to play in Madrid with his other friends.

He doesn't care about spurs or Sandro (BEAST!)

He has brick hair (I'm no longer copying him and asking my hairdresser for the shaved side parting)

He has a really soft gay voice.

Bye bye Bale.

we never want our best players to leave obviously but u cant blame the lad for wanting to ply his trade at the very highest level, I think he would be off EVEN if we were in the CL, anyone with real ambition would do the same. it does explain why we bought soldado, levy wouldnt have splashed out that amount without a big sale

we never want our best players to leave obviously but u cant blame the lad for wanting to ply his trade at the very highest level, I think he would be off EVEN if we were in the CL, anyone with real ambition would do the same. it does explain why we bought soldado, levy wouldnt have splashed out that amount without a big sale

Don't buy that for a second. We've spend 35m net so far this summer. We're getting around 30m extra in TV money this year.
And then there's the rumours that Lewis has loaned us 50m interest free over the next 10 years.

Don't buy that for a second. We've spend 35m net so far this summer. We're getting around 30m extra in TV money this year.
And then there's the rumours that Lewis has loaned us 50m interest free over the next 10 years.

I agree, there is no way we are spending the Bale money on our new players.

I hope you're right. I'd wager that we'll end up with a negative/break even net spend when all is said and done though.

Back