• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

It's no bluff. Gareth Bale has put all his chips on the table and has played his card. The Welshman is still banking on playing for Real Madrid next season. His latest move has been not to travel to Monaco with the rest of the Villas-Boas' squad to play a friendly in the Principality.

Bale is training alone and not taking part in friendlies. His exit is seen as a forgone conclusion in London. The player has no intention of putting on a Tottenham shirt again and wants to join Real Madrid as soon as possible.

Nothing has changed regarding the negotiations however. Real Madrid has not budged from its initial offer of €98.5 million and has on no account offered €120 million for the Welshman. Tottenham is counting on getting £85 million, although this amount is expected to go up when the deal is closed, as the club is trying to prise away a Real Madrid player in the bargain.

The player most likely to swap shirts with Bale is Coentrao. The Portuguese player didn't make the trip to Phoenix to play in the friendly against LA Galaxy and stayed put in UCLA. The official version was that he was suffering from a muscle injury, but this is almost as coincidental as the injury Gareth Bale suffered in Hong Kong. All of this only serves to fuel the rumours that Coentrao will be soon joining fellow countryman Villas-Boas

More Marca crap

In the footballing world, when we talk about kinks to describe the final details in a transfer deal, we’re usually talking about its payment terms. How many instalments will be made and how much each one will be.

That is exactly what Real Madrid and Tottenham are doing. Once a transfer fee has been agreed, close to €100m, the clubs will attempt to agree payment terms.

Real Madrid wants to pay €100m in five instalments. In addition, it has made it clear that the first payment will be no more than €25m. That is the money that will leave for London in the coming weeks. At least, that is the intention of Florentino Pérez and those close to him, who have already informed Daniel Levy of their position.

That is Real Madrid’s offer, and there is every chance it will be accepted by Tottenham, which is already considering its options based on the money it is going to receive from Real this summer.

Even though Tottenham will eventually receive a total of €100m, it won’t receive more than €25m this summer. This means the club will only be able to negotiate paying for any new signings in small instalments. In other words, even if Spurs makes some big-money signings, the club knows that it will not be able to make any huge payments in the short term, and must negotiate conditions very similar to those that 'Los Blancos' have negotiated for Bale.

Once these kinks have been ironed out, the Welshman will touch down at the Santiago Bernabéu, without the need for an immediate, excessive outlay of money

25m up front?

Yeah good luck with that. Who was it saying Real clearly had the funds to pay cash?

i think once they buy Bale, they will then go after Suarez too

25m up front?

Yeah good luck with that. Who was it saying Real clearly had the funds to pay cash?

maybe Levy prefers receiving staged payments....from a yearly tax point of view it might be more prudent. If anyone is a finance expert maybe they can help with this.

i dont think Spurs ever buy a player and pay all the cash up front, so i dont see why it would be any different if we sell a player

maybe Levy prefers receiving staged payments....from a yearly tax point of view it might be more prudent. If anyone is a finance expert maybe they can help with this.

i dont think Spurs ever buy a player and pay all the cash up front, so i dont see why it would be any different if we sell a player

You usually pay a % up front. When we bought Soldado we were rumoured to pay around half up front, it would give us issues trying to bring anyone in with this money.

We bought Dembele with all the cash up front i think.

As we have Bale, and don't need the cash, we have the stronger hand.

I say ask them for £100m straight out, 1 payment. If they say no, we say Adios and ignore every phone call, text message and alert we ever receive again from Real Madrid.

AS what type of player would you want us to sign to replace Bale should he leave?

the type of player that i am hoping chaldi is but i dont think will be.

I'm thinking ......PUSH the mourinho formula.....fudging spray that brick all over the walls.

paulinho, sandro and dembele. Assuming paulinho can score like he did in the confeds cup...assuming he can be our lampard...then what i am personally looking for is a Juan Mata type player. A player that can play on the wing, inside forward AND in the hole. and i just dont mean a player that is said to be able to play in the hole just cause he is one that LIKES to drop deep and is attack minded (shudders at the keane years and people calling him creative) am talking about a guy that can actually pull strings from there.....but that guy needs to be able to command the wing as well.

i want a formation that will allow us to turn from 433 to 352 to 361 at the drop of a hat

the only sad thing is that i feel we need also not one but two new full backs......i think BAE is not attack minded enough and i think Walker is as thick as elephant's brick tbh. but that would be waaaaaay too much of an overhaul for one season.

i settle on a very dangerous winger that can play as an inside forward and be done with it....but i dont know...i still think we will be lacking quite a bit in the creative supply department.

Then there is the option to get a creative player in the hole outright...and move dembele to a wing forward position. could work...and provides an extra threat in the box as an attacker amongst other things

first option is my choice

know anyone we can get like that?

Given the state of the Spanish economy, including banks, individuals, companies and the government, we shouldn't entertain any transaction where we don't get at least half the cash upfront.

Daily Star and various other sources are claiming Suarez is going to Madrid (some others say Munich), but that the deal is now done and beyond Arsenal (good!). This also means that Real Madrid have more cash in their wallet over what they are offering for Bale. We can squeeze harder. They want Bale more than Suarez I would imagine. £150 mill and we really are in dram land.

They [RM]might be settling for Suarez...............WE KEEP BALE

Madrid destroying players since birth and will continue to do so

BQrYyvUCQAAMKP3.jpg

Given the state of the Spanish economy, including banks, individuals, companies and the government, wei shouldn't entertain any transaction where we don't get at least half the cash upfront.

I would not want to be an unsecured creditor of £80m to a football club with £600m of debt playing in a bankrupt league in a washed up country.

Cash on delivery.

the type of player that i am hoping chaldi is but i dont think will be.

I'm thinking ......PUSH the mourinho formula.....fudging spray that brick all over the walls.

paulinho, sandro and dembele. Assuming paulinho can score like he did in the confeds cup...assuming he can be our lampard...then what i am personally looking for is a Juan Mata type player. A player that can play on the wing, inside forward AND in the hole. and i just dont mean a player that is said to be able to play in the hole just cause he is one that LIKES to drop deep and is attack minded (shudders at the keane years and people calling him creative) am talking about a guy that can actually pull strings from there.....but that guy needs to be able to command the wing as well.

i want a formation that will allow us to turn from 433 to 352 to 361 at the drop of a hat

the only sad thing is that i feel we need also not one but two new full backs......i think BAE is not attack minded enough and i think Walker is as thick as elephant's brick tbh. but that would be waaaaaay too much of an overhaul for one season.

i settle on a very dangerous winger that can play as an inside forward and be done with it....but i dont know...i still think we will be lacking quite a bit in the creative supply department.

Then there is the option to get a creative player in the hole outright...and move dembele to a wing forward position. could work...and provides an extra threat in the box as an attacker amongst other things

first option is my choice

know anyone we can get like that?

Good post.

I think most on here are looking for the same thing, a creative player that starts from the wing position and goes infield. Lamela i've seen enough to determine that he would be a good signing, Dzagoev is a pretty awesome player too but he usually starts from a central position. Hmmm there isn't much out there tbh.

Lamela, yes please.

I hope we have both a sell on clause and a buy back first option clause

What about Fischer from Ajax? Don't know anything about him but seen him mentioned and Ajax will sell.

Also seen numerous posts saying that Lamela will be as good and maybe even better than Bale now in a few years. Is he really that sort of player.

Shouldn't worry about tax issues with a large fee coming in. At the end of the financial year we can just use it to service our debt, but know we can borrow again should we need it.

Will reply in thread...

agree about sandro but i would stress that his was more a quality of quick supply to wingers....not really a creative one...he wasnt lifting anything of large patches of grass to the feet of wingers and he was playing balls behind defenses. what he did do was know in his mind where he should be so as to make the pass quick and efficiently without much fuss to the attcking players. top class plAYER. IMO world class....

Yup. That's what I was saying too, perhaps not clearly enough. he's no Alonso but he knew which way 'up' was!

i'm going to hold you to that btw....that paulinhos passing can be really excellent. REALLY excellent in my book...even if he pulls out 1 of those in about 100 passes...places that kind of pass in the steven gerrard, xabi alonso, thudd, scholes category for long range .......and if its short range then we are talking...cesc, shingji, silva etc etc. Hopefully you are correct

Indeed. Let's hope I'm right and can deliver incisive direct balls as well as energy and strength...but don't even TRY to hold me to 'alonso/gerrard/scholes' because he is not those players...we know he is more of a Lampard. I would LOVE to see a Modric type back but i don't believe that's the direction AVB's going and that's fine by me, he has my trust.

but back on the actual point you made...avb did get around the need for a deep lying playmaker but we were efficient and resourceful....we didnt however 'look good'. AVB got a regimented and efficient system together. Its successful, but that success was very heavily based on having a world class player. Having said that...when bale was out...guess what ...we scored two goals in each of the games he didnt play in. i actually think we will be fine and depending on who we add if he leave or even if he doesnt leave...i think we will actually PLAY and LOOK better as FLUID team. basically i think AVB now has a season under his belt...he has had two preseasons....and now the chemistry in the team is enough that we should be able to produce a better system that offers a variety of threats ...not just one. We proved that by having to adapt when bale got injured

Agreed. I made this point several times last season when people were complaining. AVB did what he had to do to get us 72 points, and that was to maximize his resources. He always planned this summer as 'the revolution' i.e. Soldado-calibre strikers, and Levy/Lewis knew it. I think he'd have walked if he hadn't had assurances that he could sign that type of player (financially that is)...I think the Bale factor was huge because he was producing, but yes, again as said last season, that was because AVB had the team working to maximize his impact in games. What he did with Adebayor (to me anyway) was genius, considering he had a player who basically wasn't mentally there half-the time. He still found a way to make him effective! Incredible!

last thing, if bale stays...and i have a feeling he will now, if he stays...he WILL play to a high level still. guaranteed. anything less than that can be considered a breach of contract...though we wont make him suffer as much as he does us. plus...bale playing at 70 % is still a damn fine player......a 70% bale is what i call a world class ROLE player. And there is only so much a player can decide to sulk when his team mates are celebrating with the crowd over goals ....people are happy, these are his friends. He will get over it if he stays. This is a business and human interaction/ behaviour, real life brick. I know you dont like to think the way i do but from my expsorure of most people i will tell you this.

Now now, less of the 'you don't like to think this way'...you would be very surprised at what I do my friend, and the people it exposes me to. I know how it all works. I just choose not to subscribe to the flimflam in my own philosophies/life. I see people get eaten alive by this brick, they might be wealthy but they have no soul. fudge THAT! I'll take waling on the beach with my dog over a porsche any fudging day!
Anyway, back to the point about Bale. You might very well be right, but AVB does not want that in his dressing room. It's why he wasn;t sure about Ade last summer...oops! Must stop!!!!!!!! LOL...ANYWAY, yes, if AVB decides then he will get over it BUT it will NEVER be quite the same. The fresh-faced naivety has gone. He has grown a beard and chest hair. He is now not an aspiring kid with world superstar qualities, but the world superstar himself. He has a machine behind him. He is responsible for salaries and lives just within his own circle. He is a creator of jobs.

If bale stays he WILL, and he will perform at least nearly as well a he did.....i'm not talking goals and asssits...but more overall effect on the pitch and his presence . Garth bale is a child even though he is 24, most footballers are. he is a man by age, but so many footballers are socially underdeveloped and lacking in real hard life growth that they behave as mature as their surroundings and environment has allowed them. When a child sulks and doesnt eat his dinner...and wants people to feel his sulking.....he stands infront of you dropping his face...but when you ignore this kid and get on with things..and the family are enjoying whats happening on TV ....while watching spurs beat city........that kid wants to join him. just pick him up at the next goal...and he'll join in

Do you have children? I have a son a few years younger. And at that age they are absolutely not mentally-developed to deal with adulthood (most of them) let alone the brick he deals with. In a sense you must then understand the chain of events this summer, and how utterly disgraceful Madrid's tactics have been. Apply your observations and imagine being courted by world superstars. And your agent is courted by the buisnessmen. And suddenly what you thought you were happy to do for another year doesn't seem so great because these entities are filling your head with other information...yes my friend, they are children in many ways.

still cant believe the Soldado deal. The model on face value has been shot in the stomach.Teams need to watch out for us now. we will spend money without necessarily thinking of getting it back.

(unless we knew we were selling bale all along and this is levy's way of getting all his TO targets without being held to ransom and exposing the club to fiancial hardship? who knows)

If I gave you an answer to that question you'd get tinkled off ;-) But the answer is actually there for all to figure out...it's not hard to work out. Put it this way, if Bale was sold NEXT summer, it essentially gives you an 80-million "loan' on trying to make CL football/win a pot this season.

Back