• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I love the fact that everyone thinks we get to keep every last £ of the transfer money.

I don't agree, I think we can get one more season out of Bale. Especially if he doesn't come up with any antics.

Therein lies the rub. Once a player's head has been turned, there is no guarantee he will be "at it" in the following season.

I know this player +cash deals dont happen, but if we got offered £70-80m plus the young striker and Contreao(sp?)
I would take it, sorts out 2 more positions in one go.

Dont really know this Lamela guy, but you guys do, so get him with the cash and either Toby A or Vlad the Impaler, any change plus fees from outgoing sales can then go to the Stadium fund for me

I would have thought that TA or Vlad would be financed by the Caulker cash

For teh Bale deal to be a good deal for Spurs, I think we need to get in two players plus some change. Personally I would like us to get something close to alike for like such as Lamela and then really strengthen another position with a top class player, such as a creative CM.

Not sure that we have a chance of geting Morata from Real

Will you say the same if a 'Real Madrid' club comes in next season for Sandro? The season after for Walker? on and on the cycle would go.

Thusly that level of football we dream of would be forever out of reach.

However if we hold onto Bale this season, that level of football you dream of could be within our grasp for a season.

We missed out on that by not signing a decent striker since Berbs left. Only ourselves to blame.

Will you say the same if a 'Real Madrid' club comes in next season for Sandro? The season after for Walker? on and on the cycle would go.

Thusly that level of football we dream of would be forever out of reach.

However if we hold onto Bale this season, that level of football you dream of could be within our grasp for a season.

I think however looking at the big picture, holding onto Bale against the money and glamour of Real Madrid is a drain on resources and comes at a price that is a huge gamble for a club that has to manage not only its expectations but against limited incomes streams of a 34k stadium.

I honestly believe this deal can push us forward to levels beyond just keeping Bale, last season proved Bale could not do it on his own and the squad limitations worked against us, regardless of all Bale did.

We are signing the third highest scorer in La Liga in recent season, we have signed a world class midfielder and we have more money to invest in areas in which we need improvements.

Real only do to us what we also do to others also, so I don't lose any sleep on it all...its just the unfortunate food chain of football

We missed out on that by not signing a decent striker since Berbs left. Only ourselves to blame.

That's not answering any of the points i made. We missed out in the past? So what? Is it the past now?

No, it's the present, and our decisions should be based in the now.

I think however looking at the big picture, holding onto Bale against the money and glamour of Real Madrid is a drain on resources and comes at a price that is a huge gamble for a club that has to manage not only its expectations but against limited incomes streams of a 34k stadium.

I honestly believe this deal can push us forward to levels beyond just keeping Bale, last season proved Bale could not do it on his own and the squad limitations worked against us, regardless of all Bale did.

We are signing the third highest scorer in La Liga in recent season, we have signed a world class midfielder and we have more money to invest in areas in which we need improvements.

Real only do to us what we also do to others also, so I don't lose any sleep on it all...its just the unfortunate food chain of football

A drain on what resources? All we would have to do if phone Real and tell them to f*ck off. Job done. A gamble?

Keeping Bale is far less of a Gamble then selling him and bringing in other players, what if those other players don't hit it off? We already know what Bale is capable of, if it didn't work for the next season then we could always sell him for a substantial amount next summer.

Exactly. Bale couldn't do it on his own last season, however with the signings we have now made, he wouldn't have to.

That's not answering any of the points i made. We missed out in the past? So what? Is it the past now?

No, it's the present, and our decisions should be based in the now.

If you want to be pedantic, it is already the past.

Face facts, we are in a food chain where money and status talks. If you think loyalty means anything, you are living in a fools paradise.

I think he's staying too but can't be sure he won't throw his dummy out and act like a taco.

I think it's firmly in Real Madrid's hands. If they offer us what we have demanded then he may go, if they don't then he'll stay.

What would make the most sense for both sides would be to put a deal in place for next summer. That way Bale would know he's getting his move, he'd be happy and give us a 'farewell' year. Real would have their man as well so they'd be happy.

(not that i see such a thing occurring)

If you want to be pedantic, it is already the past.

Face facts, we are in a food chain where money and status talks. If you think loyalty means anything, you are living in a fools paradise.

I've not stated anything about loyalty, where have i stated loyalty?

What i do believe means something is that pesky bit of paper that Bale's contract is written on.

A drain on what resources? All we would have to do if phone Real and tell them to f*ck off. Job done. A gamble?

If he was to stay it would be at the cost of a new contract, and also limit in coming players

Keeping Bale is far less of a Gamble then selling him and bringing in other players, what if those other players don't hit it off? We already know what Bale is capable of, if it didn't work for the next season then we could always sell him for a substantial amount next summer.

I never look at it like this, if I did I would say what if Bale got injured and was out for the season, we would be proper screwed then

Exactly. Bale couldn't do it on his own last season, however with the signings we have now made, he wouldn't have to.

I think the latest signing is based on Bale going, I do not think we would have 30m available to spend on one player unless this deal was going through, it almost doubles our record signing

Tottenham Hotspur chairman, Daniel Levy, could pocket a whopping £1 million bonus if he agrees to Gareth Bale’s record-breaking move to Real Madrid.

Bale is currently at the centre of a tug-of-war between Spurs and Real, with the Spanish giants offering £87m to land the Welsh wizard.

But Spurs are holding out for £100m – and if the Spaniards meet the asking price demanded by Levy, then the 51-year-old White Hart Lane supremo will be in line for a share of the spoils at the end of the financial year.

“Like all people who work in senior positions, Levy’s pay will include a generous bonus, which is triggered if he hits certain targets,” commented respected football business consultant, Mark Ashton.

“If he were to get the £100m asking price for Bale, I would think Levy would be in line to get at least a million added to his salary when everything is totted up.”

Although there’s no suggestion that a £1m bonus would influence his decision to sell Bale, the bonus could take Levy’s overall pay for the current season rocketing towards £4m.

In 2012, he trousered £2.2m – a £400,000 increase on his overall remuneration in 2011.

As well as his pay, Levy and his family also own more than 29% of ENIC, the company controlled by the ultimate owner of Spurs, 76-year-old Joe Lewis.

Added Ashton: “These guys take lots of risks and have to live with intense pressure every day of the week. It might seem a lot of money to most of us, but I have no doubts the likes of Levy really earn their corn.”

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/spo...bale-sale-could-trigger-1m-bonus-for-levy.php

I think it's firmly in Real Madrid's hands. If they offer us what we have demanded then he may go, if they don't then he'll stay.

What would make the most sense for both sides would be to put a deal in place for next summer. That way Bale would know he's getting his move, he'd be happy and give us a 'farewell' year. Real would have their man as well so they'd be happy.

(not that i see such a thing occurring)

To use your logic Would we be happy to pay for Sodaldo now and not get him till next year? No, thought not.

Tottenham Hotspur chairman, Daniel Levy, could pocket a whopping £1 million bonus if he agrees to Gareth Bale’s record-breaking move to Real Madrid.

Bale is currently at the centre of a tug-of-war between Spurs and Real, with the Spanish giants offering £87m to land the Welsh wizard.

But Spurs are holding out for £100m – and if the Spaniards meet the asking price demanded by Levy, then the 51-year-old White Hart Lane supremo will be in line for a share of the spoils at the end of the financial year.

“Like all people who work in senior positions, Levy’s pay will include a generous bonus, which is triggered if he hits certain targets,” commented respected football business consultant, Mark Ashton.

“If he were to get the £100m asking price for Bale, I would think Levy would be in line to get at least a million added to his salary when everything is totted up.”

Although there’s no suggestion that a £1m bonus would influence his decision to sell Bale, the bonus could take Levy’s overall pay for the current season rocketing towards £4m.

In 2012, he trousered £2.2m – a £400,000 increase on his overall remuneration in 2011.

As well as his pay, Levy and his family also own more than 29% of ENIC, the company controlled by the ultimate owner of Spurs, 76-year-old Joe Lewis.

Added Ashton: “These guys take lots of risks and have to live with intense pressure every day of the week. It might seem a lot of money to most of us, but I have no doubts the likes of Levy really earn their corn.”

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/spo...bale-sale-could-trigger-1m-bonus-for-levy.php

Utter garbage. Levy may well have a bonus which is linked to profitability however that profit would exclude one-offs from transfers.

I think the latest signing is based on Bale going, I do not think we would have 30m available to spend on one player unless this deal was going through, it almost doubles our record signing

What if Bale got injured? We may as well give up entirely as a football club as there's a possibility anyone could get injured. We shouldn't have signed Soldado, he could get injured! We shouldn't have signed Paulinho... etc, you get the idea.

A new contract? Nope, not required. He has three years remaining on his current contract. The theoretical new players? What players are we going to get in that are better then Bale? Do we need any new players? Bar a CB we have a pretty well rounded squad.

Rumour are Lewis has signed off on 50m worth of transfers. We wouldn't sign players on the basis that Real would meet our valuation of Bale. It would not be financially prudent, and if anything that is what Levy is.

Tottenham transfers: ‘Real Madrid agree €120m deal to sign Gareth Bale’

Tottenham transfers: Real Madrid and Spurs have reached a deal over the signing of Gareth Bale, worth a potential £104.5m

Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur have reached an agreement over the signing of Gareth Bale, according to Spanish newspaper AS.

After intense negotiations between both clubs, a verbal deal worth €120m (£104.5m) has been agreed upon.

Madrid are yet to agree a payment plan with the Premier League side, and it must also be confirmed whether the cash price is to be reduced by including any Real players in the deal as makeweights.

Spurs manager André Villas-Boas is keen on Fabio Coentrao, while he is also an admirer of Ángel di María.

Meanwhile, Tottenham’s latest request has been the inclusion of young striker Álvaro Morata – however, Madrid have categorically ruled out the option of the Spain Under-21 star leaving the Bernabéu.

For the time being, Daniel Levy has asked for the deal not to be made official. The Tottenham chairman has explained to Los Blancos that he needs a few days to complete the signing of two or three new players to complete the Spurs squad for next season.

The first to arrive will be Valencia forward Roberto Soldado, whose move to the club was confirmed on Thursday morning.

The White Hart Lane outfit are also interested in Luis Suárez, but would have to negotiate with Liverpool knowing that North London rivals Arsenal are already in advanced talks over the Uruguay international. Once Tottenham firm up their summer arrivals, Bale’s move to Real Madrid will be confirmed.

The negotiations over the player’s transfer have been extremely tense. As is the case with all Spurs transfer talks, they have been conducted personally by Levy.

Madrid director general José Ángel Sánchez has represented the La Liga club in its conversations with Levy – but has kept president Florentino Pérez abreast of developments at all times.

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2...madrid-agree-e120m-deal-to-sign-gareth-bale/?

So any other suggestions on how we spend £85m apart from Lamela? Lets say Lamela takes care of £35m leaving us with £50m.

Even if Levy puts say £20m of it in the stadium kitty, that means we have another £30m which could get a genuinely top class player. What do we think - midfield playmaker? Unlikely to be the Pjanic chap from Rome if they've just sold us Lamela, and obviously Moutinho has moved...

I wouldn't mind another striker. Something a bit different to Soldado. Plan B I suppose. And then ship one of Ade or Defoe off to whoever will pay for them.

Dzeko would be nice, Osvaldo looks good but a bit mad in the head, Berbs even??!!!?? I'm not too sure who but just throwing it out there.

To use your logic Would we be happy to pay for Sodaldo now and not get him till next year? No, thought not.

Well no, however Valencia need the money to pay debts, he's also 28 years old. The Soldado deal is so different to the Bale deal that it would be pointless to compare them in this way.

Back