• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Does anyone else not really care that much if he goes? i mean i care as he's an outstanding player but these figures are insaneeee. Providing we use at least 75% of it to reinvest in the squad wisely then tbh i just want this to be wrapped up quickly.

Does anyone else not really care that much if he goes? i mean i care as he's an outstanding player but these figures are insaneeee. Providing we use at least 75% of it to reinvest in the squad wisely then tbh i just want this to be wrapped up quickly.

Therein lies the rub.

In my mind we should have set a deadline for this, and the deadline i would have set would have been 1st of August.

Clubs are going to know we're flush with cash and with a very limited time until the start of the season I don't think it's going to be a good move to sell him, even for the amounts being stated.

Madrid will destroy Bale. He will never be the same again. Then they spit him out. Its what they do.

So the local Madrid paper AS has now said we've accepted a 120m euro bid (no players involved).

35 mill euros on Lamela and we still have 85 mill small change :eek:....do it Danny, do it !!!!

i may be wrong i can't remember a club whove got a huge transfer fee for a player and gone on to be title challengers,we get £80 million,to be title challengers that will get us three and a bit players.

one step forward and three ones backwards.

i may be wrong i can't remember a club whove got a huge transfer fee for a player and gone on to be title challengers,we get £80 million,to be title challengers that will get us three and a bit players.

Not even the obvious one?

Man United and Ronaldo.

Edit: Not saying we will be challengers.

Good luck to Gareth. I hope he becomes a true great. Unfortunately we'll never be able to afford to one day get him back. I don blame any player for wanting to leave for a bigger club, especially when they have no attachment to our club in the way we do.

But it always stings to see a player turn his back on our club because we're not big enough. I truly wish in my lifetime we will climb the ladder and one day be crowned kings of England and Europe. It's not the reason I support spurs,but dam it would be good and look down at these other giants from our lofty perch.

COYS

This...............................................I feel we can be as big as any club.

Not sure about our fan base in Tottenham though...probably less than 1% people in Tottenham support us..a big issue IMO...

anyway...Bale dont leave us......................................................................................................................

We're Utd not title challengers after selling Ronaldo?

Do you think that AVB would have had some negotiations with Levy in that if we get offered X amounts of money for Bale we let him go as he knows he can get certain players he wants such as Hulk, Jackson Martinez etc?

I think people are holding on to a pipe dream here.

Bale wants to leave, we would be kidding ourselves to say he does not, this is Real Madrid, the biggest club in the world offering him untold amounts of wages and levels of football we dream of.

They are offering us world record sums of money for his services

For these reasons and for the fact we have a pretty impressive squad, added to this summer already, I think its best for all parties to let him go

I don't agree, I think we can get one more season out of Bale. Especially if he doesn't come up with any antics.

So any other suggestions on how we spend £85m apart from Lamela? Lets say Lamela takes care of £35m leaving us with £50m.

Even if Levy puts say £20m of it in the stadium kitty, that means we have another £30m which could get a genuinely top class player. What do we think - midfield playmaker? Unlikely to be the Pjanic chap from Rome if they've just sold us Lamela, and obviously Moutinho has moved...

Bale wants to leave, we would be kidding ourselves to say he does not, this is Real Madrid, the biggest club in the world offering him untold amounts of wages and levels of football we dream of.

For these reasons and for the fact we have a pretty impressive squad, added to this summer already, I think its best for all parties to let him go

Regretfully, I think you are right.

I know this player +cash deals dont happen, but if we got offered £70-80m plus the young striker and Contreao(sp?)
I would take it, sorts out 2 more positions in one go.

Dont really know this Lamela guy, but you guys do, so get him with the cash and either Toby A or Vlad the Impaler, any change plus fees from outgoing sales can then go to the Stadium fund for me

Will you say the same if a 'Real Madrid' club comes in next season for Sandro? The season after for Walker? on and on the cycle would go.

Thusly that level of football we dream of would be forever out of reach.

However if we hold onto Bale this season, that level of football you dream of could be within our grasp for a season.

Back