• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

but we don't really have the amount of 'deadwood' that command the sort of figures that we managed to get in previous years.

Thankfully though we still have the sort of high-wage earners who when turfed will get us back a decent bunch of wedge. I'm thinking Gallas, Parker, Gomes, Bentley to name four...have to say, it's nice to see less deadwood than ever holding us back.
EDIT: just saw Billy's post and I would further agree that if we add one of JD/Ade plus Ekotto to that list, then it starts to look great. Providing we replace with better quality of course.

Thankfully though we still have the sort of high-wage earners who when turfed will get us back a decent bunch of wedge. I'm thinking Gallas, Parker, Gomes, Bentley to name four...have to say, it's nice to see less deadwood than ever holding us back.
EDIT: just saw Billy's post and I would further agree that if we add one of JD/Ade plus Ekotto to that list, then it starts to look great. Providing we replace with better quality of course.

the money saved there, over 200k a week im sure, can go towards a wage increase for Bale, and the rest can be used to keep David Villa happy. =D>

The thing is - you want to get rid of all these players, and barring Parker and BAE and JD I agree with those others you mentioned - id fudgein drive em out of there myself, you need to spend to bring in back upsespecially to the three I mentioned I would keep. Getting rid of Parker would be nonsense. He can still do a job as back up to Sandro. BAE is good enough and if you sell him you need to bring someone else in who most probably would cost more. See what im getting at - getting rid of squad players, who are capable enough, to replace them with better quality will cost a brickload more than we can afford

The thing is - you want to get rid of all these players, and barring Parker and BAE and JD I agree with those others you mentioned - id fudgein drive em out of there myself, you need to spend to bring in back upsespecially to the three I mentioned I would keep. Getting rid of Parker would be nonsense. He can still do a job as back up to Sandro. BAE is good enough and if you sell him you need to bring someone else in who most probably would cost more. See what im getting at - getting rid of squad players, who are capable enough, to replace them with better quality will cost a brickload more than we can afford

Agree that Parker, Bae and JD are not 'deadwood'.

If there are better options out there, we would be foolish not to take them. Especially in Parker's case. It's either sell him this year and buy someone using the proceeds, or it's just let him stay a year and release him. At that point we'd have to buy a replacement anyway.

Would much rather make the change on our terms, rather than being forced into it by the end of a contract.

JD can still make an impact off the bench, it's no secret i don't rate him though, and Bae is still the best left back at the club.

Last edited:

Agree that Parker, Bae and JD are not 'deadwood'.

If there are better options out there, we would be foolish not to take them. Especially in Parker's case. It's either sell him this year and buy someone using the proceeds, or it's just let him stay a year and release him. At that point we'd have to buy a replacement anyway.

Would much rather make the change on our terms, rather than being forced into it by the end of a contract.

JD can still make an impact off the bench, it's no secret i don't rate him though, and Bae is still the best left back at the club.

Three of the positions we need an upgrade in most, along with a goalscoring wide player. We don't necessarily have to sell all of them either, although considering the young replacements we have (bar a striker, for now) I think we could let them go.

In terms of Bale these signings would reduce his goal burden (ST, WF), diversify the service he receives (CM, WF, LB), and make the squad more suitable for using him in advanced positions by providing more creativity from deep and more width on both flanks, two problems that made us ineffectual and dull at times this season.

where are they getting the "will be allowed to leave" stuff from?

simple case of not being happy that Spurs have managed to get him to sign a new contract?

It does happen sometimes when the clubs and player are on good terms. Happened with Alves at Sevilla and also I think Ronaldo at Man U. Also wasn't Modric hinting at this with the "gentleman's agreement" thing?

Next season is interesting

- New managers for Cheat$ki, United and City, and most of those will have a few player changes as well.

- For once, Sours will actually have the opportunity to leverage the advantage of stability. Two good signings (personally I think we need to spend closer to 40M), Sandro/Kaboul's return, the team having had a season +preseason with AVB and Bale's continued improvement could have us pushing 3rd/4th (title is probably 150M away)

Funny thing is, almost all the clubs who might be interested and can afford Bale will be in transition period under new managers next season : ManU, ManCity, Chelsea, Real Madrid, PSG, Inter Milan and Bayern Munich. And there are uncertainties over the future of current managers at Barcelona, AC Milan, and Arsenal.

Don't think Bale is that stupid to join any club which are under transition period. Remember, the last time ManU went into a transition period after winning the league title, it took them 25 long years to win it again. And Liverpool are still waiting after 23 years ! Strangely, apart from a need to strengthen the team, only Spurs and Liverpool will seem like having a stability when it comes to team management among the top English clubs next season. Can see the PL title race being very open next season. If we buy the right quality players, we could really challenge for league title next season.

We should just start a separate "Bale tapping up/unsubstantiated media flimflam" thread right away, so we have all the crap in one place.

Will probably be the longest thread ever, though.

absolute disgrace how these spanish tosss can get away with their continual tapping up of players, its fudging rife over there.

Even the ex-RM president Ramon Calderon was at it the other day. Of all the exit rumours I've heard, both the Bale and AVB leaving are the ones I am least worried about.
Now Parker not leaving has me really worried :eek:

When Barbatov and Modric left us both they and their agents started making noises in the press before the end of the season about moving away from Spurs and it continued all throughout the summer until they got their move. The same happened with the Goons when RVP and Fabregas left them. On the other hand when it comes to Bale despite all the noise coming from the media and Real Madrid players and management neither Bale nor his agent have uttered a peep about wanting to leave this summer. If anything Bale has intimated we have to try harder next season.

When I add to the above to the fact that Bale has recently signed a big sponsorship deal with BT now they have won the rights to show 38 league matches, I do not see Gareth departing this summer to Spain, the one league the new BT sports channel will not be covering (they will be showing live French, German and Italian football). Suffice to say despite all the rumour you read in brick like the Daily Star and the Daily Mail and how many pundits we telling us it would be best for him to leave us for Madrid I am confident he is going nowhere this summer

Last edited:

Even the ex-RM president Ramon Calderon was at it the other day. Of all the exit rumours I've heard, both the Bale and AVB leaving are the ones I am least worried about.
Now Parker not leaving has me really worried :eek:

:lol:
I think we have to be more worried about Adebayor staying. If Adebayor stays, it will only mean we won't be buying any other strikers.

Hate to say it but in a way he has got a point. I think it also goes back to the RVP move to Utd, Arsenal are always in the CL but never win anything and that for me is an example as to why we need to focus on winning trophies more than we do, I think there is much thought going into the glamour of the Champions League and its revenues instead of the immediate benefits that you see in teams winning trophies.

I remember back in 2005 thinking Shaun Wright-Phillips needed to be at a higher level but I disagreed with the constant bombardment of how 'he had to leave' or 'needs to play in the CL football' etc, in the end he moved to Chelsea for £24m and has since disappeared from the footballing map before re-emerging at a club that he got relegated with, whilst he won trophies the move was disaster for any individual ambitions. The thing with Bale though is that he isn't your normal SWP or Javier Pastore or Fabio Coentrao, he is literally an elite player, even now he is one of the best players in the World and becoming one of the biggest names in the game with the potential to be the biggest, to fulfill that he needs to play on biggest stages and with Wales not looking certain to qualify for any international tournaments club football could be his only chance.

It's funny though how these players need or have to play for the biggest clubs in the world, because 'they need that experience at that level' which is true tbf but also 'they NEED to be at a club that wins trophies all the time', firstly no one wins trophies every single season but secondly even the greatest players don't have that luxury: just look at Maradona, won one trophy at Barcelona but won four at Napoli, a smaller club.

This club's objective is to fulfill

a mission to put Tottenham back on track with titles. Since 2008 we haven’t won anything, and what we want to achieve is to take this club forward with titles and success.

whilst

Tottenham is a wonderful club who will continue to attract big players and will continue to push on.

According to some CL football or even winning the trophy isn't enough, as we saw with the constant Gerrard rumours in 2005, let alone Europa League in front of a half full stadium. All that matters to us is what Bale thinks and if he agrees in the above quote from AVB and his philosophy over all then I feel that there is good chance that he will stay this summer.

Last edited:
Back