• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fryers > Rose

I just think a lot of this forum have expectations of our players to be on a level that if they actually were would be at Barca et al. Rose isn't perfect, but its like the criticism Walker was getting a couple of years back I really do wonder what some expect of these players. He's quick, threatening going forward, haven't seen him be skinned by a winger much, I agree he has made a few mistakes but I would eat my hat if he's still doing that in a couple of years....

Again I absolutely understand what you're saying regards expectations and all, but I simply believe he is not doing his primary job properly when he has the talent to do so. it's a mental thing IMO, and at 25, I don't know if that will change. We shall see. What's your hat made of BTW, bacon???? ;):lol:

Rose hasn't produced his best (Sunderland) form for us this season, therefore why should he expect to start ahead of Fryers? Our left back situation is dire.

Again I absolutely understand what you're saying regards expectations and all, but I simply believe he is not doing his primary job properly when he has the talent to do so. it's a mental thing IMO, and at 25, I don't know if that will change. We shall see. What's your hat made of BTW, bacon???? ;):lol:

Fair enough, I think he's been performing at least to an expected level without excelling yet but hey ho. As for my hat being made out of bacon....what on earth does that mean?!:lol:

Rose hasn't produced his best (Sunderland) form for us this season, therefore why should he expect to start ahead of Fryers? Our left back situation is dire.

It is, and the club brought it all on themselves.

We dont know exactly what went on with with Ekotto, but, if we had to let him go for one reason or another we should have had a replacement lined up before we let him go, and if we could not manage it in August, we should have definitely addressed in January.
If another window goes by in August without an adeqaute addition in the position I will lose a lot of faith in our management team

It is, and the club brought it all on themselves.

We dont know exactly what went on with with Ekotto, but, if we had to let him go for one reason or another we should have had a replacement lined up before we let him go, and if we could not manage it in August, we should have definitely addressed in January.
If another window goes by in August without an adeqaute addition in the position I will lose a lot of faith in our management team

I genuinely think AVB and Sherwood see/saw Rose as the long term LB here, whether you like that or not is another matter. Excluding serious injury LB isn't a position that is rotated a lot so cover of Fryers/Naughton and even Verts was deemed sufficient which is fair enough....

Decent game from Fryers today, but also showing some weakness. In particular with some sloppy passing.

Put in some good crosses though and as always he looks athletic and enthusiastic.

I genuinely think AVB and Sherwood see/saw Rose as the long term LB here, whether you like that or not is another matter. Excluding serious injury LB isn't a position that is rotated a lot so cover of Fryers/Naughton and even Verts was deemed sufficient which is fair enough....

I agree

The first criteria I look at for a full back is there defensive abilities then there attacking abilities. On that basis I'd have Fryers over Rose.

Our main problem at the moment is without Rose & Waker in the team we have no real pace from either full back which changes our dynamic.

Fryers for me all day long. Danny Rose is dog shot in my eyes.stop gap mind you but he'll have to do till the summer

Fair enough, I think he's been performing at least to an expected level without excelling yet but hey ho. As for my hat being made out of bacon....what on earth does that mean?!:lol:

If you ever have to eat it, would taste better than traditional hat materials???? ;):lol:

Again - another solid performance by Fryers tonight.

I'd be confident with him being our 2nd choice LB next season (if we bring in Blind and move on BAE and Rose).

Fryers > Kaboul.
We need to stop the idea that goes a full back. He's much better in the centre.
He and Vertonghen have to start together on Sunday.
Also I think having a noticeably younger player beside him will mean Vertonghen will step up and take responsibility and finally show some leadership.

Fryers > Kaboul.
We need to stop the idea that goes a full back. He's much better in the centre.
He and Vertonghen have to start together on Sunday.
Also I think having a noticeably younger player beside him will mean Vertonghen will step up and take responsibility and finally show some leadership.

Good idea in theory but how many CB partnerships have been top notch when both have been so left-footed??

If we are going to persist with a high-line, we could do worse than to just play him in the centre. I posted awhile back that, potentially, the most balanced centre-half partnership we have is dawson + fryers. It'd be similar to dawson--bassong, where Dawson played his best football imo.

We haven't had enough balanced partnerships across the pitch the past couple of seasons. I'd like to see Sherwood pick the same XI (fitness permitting) for the remaining league games and try to develop an understanding that can be built on next season.

-------------------lloris
walker---dawson---fryers---rose
-----------capoue---bentaleb
---lamela------eriksen-----chadli
-----------------adebayor

something like that would be a pretty well balanced XI imo.

Good idea in theory but how many CB partnerships have been top notch when both have been so left-footed??

I don't understand why many right footers have successfully played on the left but its an issue for lefties in the right.
The real reason is 1/10 of people are left footed. The probability of any two centre half's being left footed is 1/100, whereas both being right footed is 81/100.

Back