• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Franco Baldini

amortisation, its been explained to me before on here how Levy sold Bent for a profit despite us paying 16.5m but only getting 10m back when we sold him

Yeah i don't understand that either :lol:

Wiki says it was an initial 10 which rose to 16.5 btw

i guess its the same as cap ex write downs on work equipment, i'd assumed none of the add ons ever appeared though, bearing in mind he's crap

i guess its the same as cap ex write downs on work equipment, i'd assumed none of the add ons ever appeared though, bearing in mind he's crap

If it was add ons then yeah it's likely he never made them (although the page i read does say - which rose to 16.5, making it sound like staggered payments) think we got lucky with that deal, Stoke were throwing some big bucks around buying up some average players - perhaps that's where Baldini took inspiration from? :lol:

That's not really the point. The fact is, we were interested in signing Hazard but it doesn't fit the narrative of only wanting to sign old codgers like Joe Cole.

Gary Cahill - Who said I was blaming Levy? If a bigger club come in for him then there's not much we can do about it. Just mentioned that Redknapp wanted to sign him, relax.

Krancjar should have got more game time agreed but where would you have played him?

Pienaar - He just didn't work out. I actually felt it was an unnecessary signing to be honest but he can't be accused of signing another typical Redknapp old player with no sell on value player in that case.

I actually think Levy's and Redknapp's methods complimented each other, in the transfer window btw, don't go off on one cos I know fully well they didn't see eye to eye in other matters :p

Remy - Don't see what your point is. So other top clubs weren't in for him so we shouldn't be? Please correct me If I am wrong. How many big clubs were in for Nasri, Anelka, Ronaldo, Berbatov etc?

My point is that Redknapp's management of the squad and getting CL would have helped his and the club's cause on most of these transfers.

That he a) seemed poor at managing a SQUAD and b) ballsed up our end of season run-in (i.e. poor results towards the end of the season to finish lower than we should have given how we started) meant that we didn't get one or two of these when really we should have been able to get Hazard at least.

I agree with what you say about how they inadvertedly complimented each other; Levy and Harry, that is.

he ballsed up the end of season run in twice, in exactly the same way, the first one was forgivable, the second was gross negligence

he ballsed up the end of season run in twice, in exactly the same way, the first one was forgivable, the second was gross negligence

The last 20 games of that season we won 8, drew 6 and lost 6. Of the 6 losses 4 weren't that surprising (City away, Utd, Arsenal away and Everton away). Yes we should have beaten Norwich and QPR, but the end of the season wasn't such a massive balls up as people make out. I still maintain that if we hadn't lost to City (a loss which came about by Balotelli scoring when he shouldn't have been on the pitch) we'd have had a much better run in.

Anyone would think we lost most of the games we played. But P: 20 W: 8 D: 6 L: 6 isn't that horrifying.

Yep was the biggest mistake at this club for years, well till baldy came along and spunked 100m on oh I can not even be bothered to type anymore
Biggest mistake? He managed to negotiate Berbatov, Modric and Bale into the club. Yes some big duds too, but those 3 were immense signings to help bring in.

The last 20 games of that season we won 8, drew 6 and lost 6. Of the 6 losses 4 weren't that surprising (City away, Utd, Arsenal away and Everton away). Yes we should have beaten Norwich and QPR, but the end of the season wasn't such a massive balls up as people make out. I still maintain that if we hadn't lost to City (a loss which came about by Balotelli scoring when he shouldn't have been on the pitch) we'd have had a much better run in.

Anyone would think we lost most of the games we played. But P: 20 W: 8 D: 6 L: 6 isn't that horrifying.

How far does 20 games take you back? I think the problem most had was from the end of January when the England stuff first started - i believe the 5-0 Saudi Sportswashing Machine game was the first after Capello quit and was the point from which our form nose dived costing us the 11 point lead.

Take away the England rumors and the end of season turnaround on his contract negotiations and im sure that dip would have been swallowed/accepted by most.

as soon as I saw soldado listed I didn't bother reading it, that deal was done before Baldini had got his coat off

and surely the Lamela deal was long in the works, 30m transfers must take months, even more so with levy

I think Lamela was a last minute thing - we wanted and were all but there on the Willian transfer and when that fell through we went out and got Lamela (iirc) don't think we would have got both

I think Lamela was a last minute thing - we wanted and were all but there on the Willian transfer and when that fell through we went out and got Lamela (iirc) don't think we would have got both

I'm pretty sure the plan was to get both. Eriksen was the one that came quickly up from the B list after Willian collapsed.

I can't see levy dropping that much cash without doing the proper scouting first, we may have shifted late on but he would have been a long term viable target with the spade work done

the one thing I'm sure didn't happen was baldini said 'coco's good" and levy said ok do it

I can't see levy dropping that much cash without doing the proper scouting first, we may have shifted late on but he would have been a long term viable target with the spade work done

the one thing I'm sure didn't happen was baldini said 'coco's good" and levy said ok do it

Real sent him some DVDs

I thought we signed Eriksen as a Willian back up?

Back