• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

Had a look on RAWK, they don't consider us a threat. Interesting considering they're having a season of a lifetime with the greatest player in the world whilst we've been so bad we've had to sack our manager, yet we're only a couple of points behind. Not to mention we've played an extra ten games due to Europa League commitments and advancing further in the League Cup.

Had a look on RAWK, they don't consider us a threat. Interesting considering they're having a season of a lifetime with the greatest player in the world whilst we've been so bad we've had to sack our manager, yet we're only a couple of points behind. Not to mention we've played an extra ten games due to Europa League commitments and advancing further in the League Cup.

RAWK is lunacy at the best of times.

Personally I think Pool is pretty much the same side they have been for a few years now. To your point, they are having the season of a lifetime (or at least 5 or so years), but are 2 points ahead of us who have fired our manager based on poor results ...

I look at it as one of those right timing for them, Suarez has scored 19 goals in half a season, does anyone really think he will match that in second half? Also their injuries have helped them, Gerrard and Sturridge returning won't help the team level or balance. I also think they have done well against lower level teams, but those teams will get harder to beat as season goes on.

RAWK is lunacy at the best of times.

Personally I think Pool is pretty much the same side they have been for a few years now. To your point, they are having the season of a lifetime (or at least 5 or so years), but are 2 points ahead of us who have fired our manager based on poor results ...

I look at it as one of those right timing for them, Suarez has scored 19 goals in half a season, does anyone really think he will match that in second half? Also their injuries have helped them, Gerrard and Sturridge returning won't help the team level or balance. I also think they have done well against lower level teams, but those teams will get harder to beat as season goes on.

I think Suarez will carry on scoring but he needs to score winners against the top teams and goals that get them back into games. I'm sure there is a Stat that none of his goals have brought them back into games so to speak and he doesn't score many against the better sides

Something Fergie said about VDV - he scores the important goals e.g 2nd goal in a 2-1 win, not the 5th goal in a 5 nil

But Suarezs all round play is a massive bonus for Liverpool as he works exceptionally hard. Will he be able to keep that going all season is they question for me

Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea and sadly Arrse are going to be in the top 4. pool, manu, everton, spurs, Saudi Sportswashing Machine surely all scrapping over the last place? Maybe arrse or chelsea will slip up, but unlikely they will drop back. A tough ask of us this season. But possible!

Manure is the interesting one, after today, they have a home game against Swansea which if they lose (on a week-end most of the top 8 have winnable games), it could really set the cat among the pigeons. Unfortunately it's more likely they will buy a couple of 20M+ players in January, RVP will return and they will stroll 4th.

I dunno mate, having watched Man Utd yesterday I came to the conclusion that they're very limited.

Before yesterday I was thinking Liverpool, United and Everton would contest 4th but Sherwood's tactics impressed me (not that I'll get overly carried away just yet) and we played Man U well while they were utterly devoid of penetration. I know van Persie's to return but hasn't he been below par this season anyway?

Think they need an overhaul in certain areas. Evra is a poor left-back nowadays, Smalling isn't a good right-back cos he offers so little going forward, Cleverley and Fellaini are tripe midfielders, Valencia can't cross for toffee, then they've got serial divers like Januzaj, Welbeck and Young, all despicable ****s cos they do it so much. Glad Young didn't get his pen yesterday, the little ****.

Anyway now I'm not so sure of Utd being in the race for 4th unless they make two or three excellent signings. Think we may even finish above them.

Yeah, United aren't looking great.

Arsenal, City and Chelsea look on course to all finish fairly comfortably in the top 4. Looks like it will be between ourselves, Liverpool, Everton and Manu for 4th. Right now I'd say Liverpool look like favourites, but these things can change quickly, that includes the top 3. Massive win for us yesterday anyway.

ohp4.jpg

I dunno mate, having watched Man Utd yesterday I came to the conclusion that they're very limited.

Before yesterday I was thinking Liverpool, United and Everton would contest 4th but Sherwood's tactics impressed me (not that I'll get overly carried away just yet) and we played Man U well while they were utterly devoid of penetration. I know van Persie's to return but hasn't he been below par this season anyway?

Think they need an overhaul in certain areas. Evra is a poor left-back nowadays, Smalling isn't a good right-back cos he offers so little going forward, Cleverley and Fellaini are tripe midfielders, Valencia can't cross for toffee, then they've got serial divers like Januzaj, Welbeck and Young, all despicable ****s cos they do it so much. Glad Young didn't get his pen yesterday, the little ****.

Anyway now I'm not so sure of Utd being in the race for 4th unless they make two or three excellent signings. Think we may even finish above them.

Mate, the problem is on paper Utd have had issues for a couple of seasons now, and yet they get much better results than their style/squad should allow (and yes, most of that was probably SAF).

What they do have is a team with a lot of experience of making it up in the 2nd half of the season

i'm still more worried about united than the dippers or everton

Who though? I've looked at their squad for a couple of seasons and thought they're very average but with the Fergie factor they've overperformed. With Moyes at the helm it was inevitable they wouldn't hit the previous heights, certainly not for a while and they really do need a bit of a makeover which even if happened in January (which is unlikely) would take a while to bed in such changes. Everton and Liverpool are bigger threats. I know everyone says never write off Man Utd, but its a different story without Fergie at the helm - they just don't have that aura about them and teams are no longer scared of them....

i agree he's no fergie, but he has a history of teams building up over the season, he has Rooney and RVP, they'll probably bring in a couple of midfielders over the next few weeks as well

liverpool have been brilliant of late, but rodgers (a chancer imo) will have to put gerrard back in the team, despite them playing better without him, they will also lose suarez at some point, either to a transfer or another long ban

The thing is, Suarez is so good that he gives an average team a chance to win any game literally on his own. They still have Sturridge to come back too. I wrote them off in August, not anymore. Everton will be a threat too with the emergence of Barkley.

I think the thing that can affect Everton and Liverpool is the size of their squad. Liverpool have three players that are doing very well for them. Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinhio. I believe the rest of their team is fairly average but like at Swansea Rodgers has a system that keeps possession and can dominate games but unlike at Swansea he has some quality to open the opposition up.

Everton are very reliant on Lukaku and he has scored 1 goal in their last 5 and in that time they have lost to Sunderland and drew at Stoke. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are currently the best of the rest along with southampton. They looked very average at West brom and against us when they robbed us.

Man United have a very average team apart from Rooney, Vidic and Van Persie. They need to buy but i believe Moyes is too stubborn to do it his January. I can honestly see them missing out this year on Champions league.

Out of this group its liverpool that i think have the best chance of taking the 4th spot due to having a fluid system. They just need to keep their star players performing.

Everton do draw a lot of games and always have done, even last season when they got off to a great start they still ended up drawing loads, even though they don't lose very often.

That plateau in our points between games 9 and 13 is quite horrific :( but we are starting to climb back towards Liverpool and Everton.

At this moment in time I still see the current top four being that same at the end of the season with maybe City edging it to the top spot. As for the competition:

Everton: I was looking through my fantasy football team and took a look at the Everton squad and it was only then that I realised how small it is. This is why I think they will slip up. Right now they have Jagielka out for most of this month and Distin on the treatment table. Not only that but if Lukaku takes a knock they have no one to replace him. They play UTD, City, Arsenal and Southampton within the last six games of the season too, when maybe their squad will be starting to feel fatigued.

Liverpool: My favourites for the top four. Suarez can quite conceivably go all season doing what he is doing right now, RVP did it for the gooners a couple of years ago. If a team can keep him quiet then maybe they have a chance (Hull did it well last month) but that won't happen for many teams. Their end of season fixtures (the last 6) are fairly easy although they do get City, Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine at Anfield. The only thing I can see tripping them up is either Suarez leaving or a loss to us at Anfield. That for me is the only way we can beat them. Not outside the realms of possibility but damn hard all the same.

Spurs: If Defoe leaves then we need to get another striker in and they have to be decent else we might as well wave any thought of top four goodbye. We have the Europa League still to play in which will be a hindrance and a drain on our resources which both Everton and Liverpool do not have. On the plus side our last six games of the season are against relegation candidates or mid table sides who will have nothing to play for. March is one tough month with games against Chelsea, Arsenal, Southampton and Liverpool in succession not to mention more games in the Europa League (assuming we beat Dnipro). Without wishing to annoy anyone too much, a loss to Arsenal this weekend wouldn't be the end of the world as it would give us time to rest whilst our competition have to play more fixtures. Sherwood will need to use the squad well to stand a chance of nicking fourth spot and we need our defenders back ASAP.

UTD: Before RVP joined UTD he was really injury prone and I wouldn't be suprised if he picked up another niggle or two before the season is over, especially if Moyes feels the need to rush him back. That combined with Rooney's rest in January, their extra games in the league cup etc could damage their chances. The champions league is a big distraction for them too, more so than the Europa league for us IMO and they have Olympiakos in this round. If they win they get dragged into another round, if they lose then their confidence will take a massive hammering. I wouldn't write them off, but then again Fergie isn't in charge any longer.

Those for me are the main four contenders for the one spot. I don't think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be in the mix come April as their defensive injury crisis looks quite bad right now. Even if they are, they still must play 3 of the current top 7. Arsenal will maintain results to stay clear of the chasing pack IMO but without a striker other than Podolksi atm, they could be in trouble. Luckily for them they only play the poorer teams in the league this month.

Last edited:
Rooney's not fit + RVP not fit + Moyes' inexperience of winning = No ECL for United this season.

It is between us and Liverpool.

Suarez possibly the best player in the world ATM.

Liverpool unbelievably only have to play United away out of the top teams. And they have a great record there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/fixtures

They are gonna be a tough nut to crack if we want top 4 this season. I believe too tough so for me our game of the season is this Saturday.

Liverpool have a great record at OT? I know they won 4-1 there four or five years ago but I can't recall them getting much there otherwise.

Back