• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fourth - who are we going to beat to it?

It might be just relevant in the 2nd half of the season when the corresponding fixtures have been played, but instead of n/a you have to place their result against us in these respective fields. You can't just leave these fields blank. Otherwise you would deny them results they have actually achieved.

I've put n/a where the team names intersect and was planning on adding a new row for when we go to Anfield, Old Trafford etc... or have I overlooked something 8-[

I can't shuffle the deck and find a way for us to come 4th+.

> City and Chelsea - forget about it. The size and quality of their squads alone almost guarantees they will stay the course as others stutter. Both improving too I would say.

> While there are question marks over Arsenal's squad size, the problem is they're already 8 pts. + GD ahead of us. So they can afford to slip several times in their remaining 19 games and still hold us off.

> United, along with ourselves, have been the underachievers in the first half of season. I can see both clubs having strong second halves with their big squads, improving tactics/coaching and their turn coming to get the run of the ball. But United have the experience, GD advantage and winning habit that we don't have. That's a clear edge for them at this point.

> And even if there's a glimmer of hope in anything said above, we have to write off Liverpool, Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine before we can even wish upon that glimmer.

Brutal. Just can't see it.

We're 7th favourites with the bookies for a Top 4 spot currently but perhaps a win on Wednesday might give us some momentum and we'll finish the season as strongly as 09/10 [-o<

This season looks like we'll be fighting hard for europe let alone CL. Away to manyoo next, with the run of results they've had, I have real concern, yet again ... for our defence. I'm sure we can cause problems going forward, but will players all tarck back and put in a shift ? Tim has to get that working. I'm continuously impressed by Lennon tracking back, he puts in a shift, and Ade can too. I hope Ade continues to want to prove people wrong and kick ass.

We need Soldado scoring freely, and soon.

I think 4th will be close between us Man U n Liverpool unless Everton sign a few players in the window. I do think we will fall short unfortunately!!

I think City and Chelsea will pull away at the top. From 3rd to 9th I have no idea. I'll be disappointed if Spurs finish below Liverpool, Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine though.

This season looks like we'll be fighting hard for europe let alone CL. Away to manyoo next, with the run of results they've had, I have real concern, yet again ... for our defence. I'm sure we can cause problems going forward, but will players all tarck back and put in a shift ? Tim has to get that working. I'm continuously impressed by Lennon tracking back, he puts in a shift, and Ade can too. I hope Ade continues to want to prove people wrong and kick ass.

We need Soldado scoring freely, and soon.

This is key. He has been getting increased opportunities over the last two or three matches, but he needs to start taking them. I think he is a real player, but is lacking confidence. Once he bangs in a couple in the league he'll go on a goal scoring run. I am pretty confident of that.

do we want europa at all?
look at how liverpool are doing without it.

If we play the kids in the games to start with then yes, if the manager always picks full strength sides even when we've qualified and regardless of the fact that we have big league games 3 days later then NO. The games are so, so dull until the last 16.

No need to reply like that, he made a fair point. They've played very well in games partly due to being fresh (I know they've had injuries but still) in most league games.

No way should AVB have played such strong teams in most the games. We've invested vast sums in our squad yet he was only rotating two or three players for Europa League games. If we're in there next year then I'd like for whoever our manager is to have a designated first XI (barring injuries, suspensions and loss of form) and then to rotate a minimum of seven players (all 11 if possible) in to the side in the group stage.

The thing is, neither Liverpool or Man Utd have had their best players fit at the same time this season. Whereas we did, but AVB took too long until deciding on a team. I'm a big fan of having a settled team that should only be changed when there are injuries, suspensions or players out of form. If AVB heeded that then, despite those two teams having better XIs than us, I wouldn't be surprised if we were ahead of them due to their key players missing.

All ifs and buts though in fairness.

What's this fascination with Liverpool? Suarez was banned at the start of the season, then played with Sturridge for a while and now Sturridge is injured. They've scored quite a few goals each, but as a partnership they are terrible. Two of the most egoistic players around. The only other major misses I can see are Johnson and Enrique.

For the Europa League argument to make sense I would have expected both them and Everton to be some distance ahead of us, but they aren't.

What's this fascination with Liverpool? Suarez was banned at the start of the season, then played with Sturridge for a while and now Sturridge is injured. They've scored quite a few goals each, but as a partnership they are terrible. Two of the most egoistic players around. The only other major misses I can see are Johnson and Enrique.

For the Europa League argument to make sense I would have expected both them and Everton to be some distance ahead of us, but they aren't.

I agree totally. There about as much a partnership as the press want us to believe when in reality they rarely play as a pair and both have done much better without th other. I'd hazard a guess they don't get on, on a personal level too

Both of those side are flying by thei own standards and are a couple of points above us. Their squads aren't strong and neither will IMO improve their squad in the window to any benefit

Likewise united need about 4 players in January and are incredibly reliant on Rooney! He has carried them in games in a similar way bale did but as there doing so bad and their football has been rather dull there hasn't been the plaudits

Chelsea are still crying out for a top striker and their rare to find in te summer let alone January

City are city, the team most likely to win the league

Arsenal have been very good but have lately shown signs of being jaded and lethargic whilst nicking a few important results. Its hard to keep that momentum going when you lose your legs over a season but so far I wouldn't write them off

We have a decent chance of top 4 still due to the small nature of the points difference. Will we get 4th, maybe, but I wouldn bet on it.

No need to reply like that, he made a fair point. They've played very well in games partly due to being fresh (I know they've had injuries but still) in most league games.
Yes and they are a whole two points better off at present. Big whoop. They have achieved exactly nothing so far. Let's wait until they are parading the trophies around Anfield until we start praising them and how missing out on Europe has been such a benefit to them

Following our win at Old Trafford, we now are level on points with ARSEnal in like-for-like fixtures \o/
FixtureSpursARSEnalChelseaEvertonLiverpoolMan_CityMan_Utd
Relative Pts / Goal Diff(n/a)(= / +13)(+1 / +8 )(+3 / +12)(+7 / +15)(-3 / +15)(= / +6 )
ManU (a)2-1 0-1 0-01-0 ?-? ?-?n/a
Stoke (h)3-0 3-1 ?-? 4-0 1-0 ?-?3-2
West Brom (h)1-1-2-20-04-1?-?1-2
Southampton (a)3-2?-?3-0?-??-?1-1?-?
Liverpool (h)0-52-02-13-3n/a2-1?-?
Sunderland (a)2-13-14-3?-?3-10-12-1
Fulham (a)2-13-1?-??-??-?4-23-1
Man Utd (h)2-2?-??-??-?1-04-1n/a
Emirates Marketing Project (a)0-63-6?-?1-31-2n/a1-4
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h)0-1?-??-?3-2?-?4-00-1
Everton (a)0-0?-?0-1n/a3-3?-??-?
Hull (h)1-0?-?2-02-12-02-0?-?
Villa (a)2-0?-??-?2-01-02-33-0
West Ham (h)0-3?-??-??-?4-1?-?3-1
Chelsea (h)1-10-0n/a1-0?-??-?0-0
Cardiff (a)1-03-0?-?0-0?-?2-32-2
Norwich (h)2-04-1?-??-?5-17-0?-?
ARSEnal (a)0-1n/a0-01-10-2?-??-?
Swansea (h)1-0?-?1-0?-??-?3-0?-?
Palace (a)1-02-0?-?0-0?-??-??-?

Last edited:
Back in the hunt now thats for sure.

Palace at home and Swansea away have become a touch harder than they were a few weeks back, but certainly winnable before the revenge mission v City at the end of the month

Following our win at Old Trafford, we now are level on points with ARSEnal in like-for-like fixtures \o/
FixtureSpursARSEnalChelseaEvertonLiverpoolMan_CityMan_Utd
Relative Pts / Goal Diff(n/a)(= / +11)(+1 / +8 )(+2 / +11)(+7 / +15)(-1 / +17)(= / +6 )
ManU (a)2-1 0-1 0-01-0 ?-? ?-?n/a
Stoke (h)3-0 3-1 ?-? 4-0 1-0 ?-?3-2
West Brom (h)1-1-2-20-04-1-1-2
Southampton (a)3-2?-?3-0?-??-?1-1?-?
Liverpool (h)0-52-02-13-3n/a2-1?-?
Sunderland (a)2-13-14-3?-?3-10-12-1
Fulham (a)2-13-1?-??-??-?4-23-1
Man Utd (h)2-2?-??-??-?1-04-1n/a
Emirates Marketing Project (a)0-6?-??-?1-31-2n/a1-4
Saudi Sportswashing Machine (h)0-1?-??-?3-2?-?4-00-1
Everton (a)0-0?-?0-1n/a3-3?-??-?
Hull (h)1-0?-?2-02-12-02-0?-?
Villa (a)2-0?-??-?2-01-02-33-0
West Ham (h)0-3?-??-??-?4-1?-?3-1
Chelsea (h)1-1?-?n/a1-0?-??-?0-0
Cardiff (a)1-03-0?-?0-0?-?2-32-2
Norwich (h)2-04-1?-??-?5-17-0?-?
ARSEnal (a)0-1n/a0-0?-?0-2?-??-?
Swansea (h)1-0?-?1-0?-??-?3-0?-?
Palace (a)1-02-0?-?0-0?-??-??-?

You do come up with some amazing stats Steve! Well done.

Does the table mean, in like for like fixtures, we are equal with Arsnl and Man Ure, behind Chelsea by one point, Everton by two points, Liverpool by 7 points , but actually AHEAD of Emirates Marketing Project by a point?

You do come up with some amazing stats Steve! Well done.

Does the table mean, in like for like fixtures, we are equal with Arsnl and Man Ure, behind Chelsea by one point, Everton by two points, Liverpool by 7 points , but actually AHEAD of Emirates Marketing Project by a point?

Cheers.

I just double checked my calculations and, due to their poor away form, we are in fact 3pts ahead of City in corresponding fixtures this season! Although, as firefly pointed out, this does not take into account our head to head results, which makes things level overall.

On the upside, including our head to head results we are 3pts ahead of ManU in like-for-like fixtures, which is not something we've managed for a few years in the latter half of a season!

Corresponding FixtureSpursARSEnalChelseaEvertonLiverpoolMan_CityMan_Utd
Relative Pts / Goal Diff(n/a)(= / +13)(+1 / +8 )(+3 / +12)(+7 / +15)(-3 / +15)(= / +6 )

Cheers.

I just double checked my calculations and, due to their poor away form, we are in fact 3pts ahead of City in corresponding fixtures this season! Although, as firefly pointed out, this does not take into account our head to head results, which makes things level overall.

On the upside, including our head to head results we are 3pts ahead of ManU in like-for-like fixtures, which is not something we've managed for a few years in the latter half of a season!

Corresponding FixtureSpursARSEnalChelseaEvertonLiverpoolMan_CityMan_Utd

Thanks. All I can say is wow and double WOW !

said it before

Top 2 - City/Cheat$ki
3rd - Scum have probably done enough, especially as they will get knocked out of CL in next round.
4th - One of Pool/Spurs/United

Actually think Everton/Barcodes will drop off a bit (both Everton and Martinez have a history of poor runs at some point)

Manure is the interesting one, after today, they have a home game against Swansea which if they lose (on a week-end most of the top 8 have winnable games), it could really set the cat among the pigeons. Unfortunately it's more likely they will buy a couple of 20M+ players in January, RVP will return and they will stroll 4th.

Back