• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

The whole concept of a street circuit in F1 is anyway.

Should be Monaco +1 each season - let the other one rotate around the world.
Don't agree with that. There are some good street circuits. I'm hopeful this might be one of them. Singapore isn't a good racing circuit, but it's awesome to be there watching, as I've done 4 times. It's fudging marvellous watching F1 live at night, and then only have a 5 minute walk back to the hotel when the race is finished!
About 100 times better than the shambles and event organising catastrophe that is the Italian GP, where it takes you a couple of hours to get out of the fudging stands, and then add another 3 hours to get back to Milano. And just forget about getting a drink or getting to a toilet. So much for custom made, permanent race tracks....

Hope the money is worth it F1, fingers crossed the race ends with no major injuries.

I hear next season they'll be seriously upping the game and having a race on actual ice.

So much for boring street circuits! That was the best F1 race in over a decade!
Full of action from lap one and on every lap until the checkered flag! Brilliant race!

So much for boring street circuits! That was the best F1 race in over a decade!
Full of action from lap one and on every lap until the checkered flag! Brilliant race!
There were a lot of front runners out of position early, which helped a lot.

There's a lot to be said for not always racing in optimum conditions - imagine how good a race on a cold track would be with space to overtake everywhere.

Don't agree with that. There are some good street circuits. I'm hopeful this might be one of them. Singapore isn't a good racing circuit, but it's awesome to be there watching, as I've done 4 times. It's fudging marvellous watching F1 live at night, and then only have a 5 minute walk back to the hotel when the race is finished!
About 100 times better than the shambles and event organising catastrophe that is the Italian GP, where it takes you a couple of hours to get out of the fudging stands, and then add another 3 hours to get back to Milano. And just forget about getting a drink or getting to a toilet. So much for custom made, permanent race tracks....
Organisation isn't the race though. The only sensible way in and out of Silverstone is helicopter (although that's increasingly difficult since the change to the twin engine rule) but it's still a highlight of the season. Spa is a bitch to get to (except for the fun on the autobahn) but it's probably the best part of the calendar.

Organisation isn't the race though. The only sensible way in and out of Silverstone is helicopter (although that's increasingly difficult since the change to the twin engine rule) but it's still a highlight of the season. Spa is a bitch to get to (except for the fun on the autobahn) but it's probably the best part of the calendar.
No, but the two of best races I've seen, have both been on street circuits. This year Las Vegas, and Montreal in 2011 if my memory serves me right.

I think they classify anything that’s not a purpose made circuit that can used for other forms of motor sport or track events as a street circuit.

Back