• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Former Player Appreciation Thread

Just saw Josh Onomah is a free agent now. Thought he was doing quite well when at Villa and then Fulham. What's happened?
Nothing much. Villa never signed him and he was just one of the crowd at Fulham. When they got promoted they let him leave for free to get games somewhere.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Nothing much. Villa never signed him and he was just one of the crowd at Fulham. When they got promoted they let him leave for free to get games somewhere.

Still a bit strange that he's not playing anywhere. He's a decent championship level player.

I remember GB always thought he could be our Dembele replacement. Think he started well at Fulham then seemed to disappear

Still a bit strange that he's not playing anywhere. He's a decent championship level player.
I've noticed a growing trend of free agent players. I wonder if it's a wage demands thing. They might be asking for too much relative to their ability level and clubs just might not think they are worth the cost.

Then on the player's side they may have earned enough that they don't really need the post cheque?

Dele's not ready to play, but it would be a shame if Everton's financial trouble led to him not playing.

Everton have held talks with Tottenham Hotspur over renegotiating the terms of the deal which would oblige them to pay £10 million for Dele Alli should he make seven more appearances.

Sean Dyche said the Everton director of football, Kevin Thelwell, has been in contact with the London club, who sold Dele in January 2022 in a transfer in which the fee was waived until he played in 20 matches for Everton.

The 27-year-old has featured 13 times for the Merseyside club, but none since August last year when he moved to Besiktas on loan.

That spell was cut short by a hip injury which required surgery, while a setback in his recuperation from the operation means Dele is at present working with Everton’s sports science unit away from the first team.
Everton have supported Dele throughout his difficulties, though given their financial situation, one which has prevented them from spending large amounts in recent transfer windows, the potential outlay when he returns to fitness poses questions.

Dyche has been unable to pick the midfielder as yet, but said contact had been made with Tottenham regarding the situation.

“Kev has had a couple of phone calls, just lightly in the background, ‘Look, where do you see it?’ ” the Everton manager said. “But nothing has changed at the moment.

“We will see [if something can be agreed] because it is something that was done before my time here. I can answer for what I have done and tried to do, but I can’t answer things that were previous to me. So Kev will take that up more than me.”

Just seen this. Pat taken to hospital after collapse before our game against Chelski. Thankfully he has been allowed home.

said it before but he is the best keeper i have seen in our shirt.

1699450784949.png

Jonathan Pearce just said on commentary “I think Harry Kane has become an improved footballer since he’s gone to Bayern” what an absolutely clueless clam!

Jonathan Pearce just said on commentary “I think Harry Kane has become an improved footballer since he’s gone to Bayern” what an absolutely clueless clam!
LOL. He just swapped from a struggling team in the toughest league in the world, to the dominant team in an inferior league, that's all. Stupid pundit alert.

Great to see him succeed in the Bundesliga, though. 15 goals and 5 assists in 10 games is outrageous. He's on course to a better season than Lewandowski's best for Bayern. Maybe he'll finally get the recognition he deserves.

Back