• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Former Player Appreciation Thread

Can anyone find that amazing goal he scored one time... Cross came in and he chested, knee'd it up and overhead kicked it in! I was sure he was gonna be a star after that. Think it was for N.Ireland but it must be 30 years ago now and never seen it online since!
Was nearly a goal. Although he did score one later in the game.

Haha, well done for finding that! I remember at the time we had a lot of young players and as a kid I had high hopes for all of them, yet hardly any of them made it really

Going by Sandro's insta it looks like he's been doing coaching badges with De Zerbi at Brighton. Seems a bit odd that we hadn't taken him in to do them, the guy's positive energy and experience could have only been a good thing surely?

The update had "thank you gaffer" in a compilation with him and the Brighton coaching staff so that's why I've assumed the above...He's definitely still fully coys from his time at the club, perhaps I'm reading in to it a bit too much but surprised he's done it with Brighton. Not a bad place to learn I suppose, hopefully he's as good a coach as he was a player, top bloke as well.

Going by Sandro's insta it looks like he's been doing coaching badges with De Zerbi at Brighton. Seems a bit odd that we hadn't taken him in to do them, the guy's positive energy and experience could have only been a good thing surely?

The update had "thank you gaffer" in a compilation with him and the Brighton coaching staff so that's why I've assumed the above...He's definitely still fully coys from his time at the club, perhaps I'm reading in to it a bit too much but surprised he's done it with Brighton. Not a bad place to learn I suppose, hopefully he's as good a coach as he was a player, top bloke as well.
De Zebri managed him towards the end of his career and they got on really well by all accounts. Sandro was glowing about him at the end of last season.

Think it’s just an old friend doing a favour rather than us turning our back on him or anything like that.

Back