• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2016/17

Just checked and I've been successful for the Boro game, Paxton Upper (Block 51, Row 26), I've almost managed to sit in each stand this season, just need PL Upper and West Lower to complete the set...

Just checked and I've been successful for the Boro game, Paxton Upper (Block 51, Row 26), I've almost managed to sit in each stand this season, just need PL Upper and West Lower to complete the set...

For Burnley I was row 26 in block 50 (although technically closer to block 51). Vertigo-inducing!

I'm sure that part of the deal for the CL season ticket was first refusal on tickets for European fixtures thereafter for the same seat. Disappointed that they've benched that idea as I had Club Wembley ticket. I will go to matches though as will be good and bargains at £5 upwards per ticket.

Ah well, no e-mail from the ticket office telling me yay or nay (no surprise there though), no monies allocated, no LPs added. Think its safe to say we missed out once again.
Had enough of this now. Wont be taking up the offer of a ST when the e-mail arrives, they can bugger off. Visits to the Lane will be few and far between from now on.

Enjoyed some great days the last 10 years driving down nearly every other weekend, but had enough of it all and this ballot sh#t has finally broken me

I'm sure that part of the deal for the CL season ticket was first refusal on tickets for European fixtures thereafter for the same seat. Disappointed that they've benched that idea as I had Club Wembley ticket. I will go to matches though as will be good and bargains at £5 upwards per ticket.
Indeed - 19 July 2016 - THFC Champions League Ticket Details: "Not only will this ticket ensure your place at all three Group Stage matches, it will also secure you the same seat for these and for any subsequent matches in the campaign that you buy tickets for." Maybe the club would claim that 'the campaign' only refers to CL matches but, further down the same page ... "any Season Ticket holder that purchases a Group Stage Multi-Game Ticket will have first priority to purchase that seat for subsequent matches in this season’s UEFA competitions." So, EL not just CL.

I suspect that if anyone wanted to be really difficult they could successfully argue that it was part of the T&Cs on which they purchased the multi-game package. Personally, my disappointment at not being guaranteed the same seat is offset by the excellent value of the ticket prices announced.

Ah well, no e-mail from the ticket office telling me yay or nay (no surprise there though), no monies allocated, no LPs added. Think its safe to say we missed out once again.
Had enough of this now. Wont be taking up the offer of a ST when the e-mail arrives, they can bugger off. Visits to the Lane will be few and far between from now on.

Enjoyed some great days the last 10 years driving down nearly every other weekend, but had enough of it all and this ballot sh#t has finally broken me
Such a shame mate the effort you have put in as a long distance fan is commendable over the years especially with the brick you have had to watch at times

Such a shame mate the effort you have put in as a long distance fan is commendable over the years especially with the brick you have had to watch at times

Cheers Mark. Funnily though, some of those seasons we weren't so decent meant the wins were that more enjoyable. As many have said the fanbase changes with success with a lot of JCL's diluting the atmosphere at the Lane.
Away days are still class because they are the hardcore fans, sadly (and another kick in the teeth for us) they appear to have become a closed shop now, bar Middlesbrough and Sunderland.

Just seems everything we loved about coming down is going bit by bit. We lost our favourite Block in the Paxton, they closed the car park we always used, even the hotel we always stayed at, used to be a home from home, all the staff knew us, now they have all left bar one, that's just not the same anymore. Matches being moved, now having ballots for tickets meaning having 500 LPs hardly counts for anything. May sound petty, but the culmination of it all with the rising costs of petrol, hotels etc; has just tipped it.
Won't stop completely but, ticket availability prevailing, we'll be down to 6-10 games a season instead of 30

This is a real shame. Offer still stands.

Didn't get tickets for the Boro game either, first unsuccessful application of the season (went for the highest price band too).
I saw a tweet from the Spurs account yesterday promoting half season membership at discounted pricing. Reminded me of when they heavily promoted membership packages before the AC Milan CL match which funnily enough was the only other time I failed to get a ticket for a home game.

Didn't get tickets for the Boro game either, first unsuccessful application of the season (went for the highest price band too).
I saw a tweet from the Spurs account yesterday promoting half season membership at discounted pricing. Reminded me of when they heavily promoted membership packages before the AC Milan CL match which funnily enough was the only other time I failed to get a ticket for a home game.

Dont even get me started on that one. We had been to every home match that season bar one league game and missed out on Milan tickets, and on the night of the match see a tweet saying ' Woohoo first ever match at the lane, cant wait'
That cheered me up no end....

Now that is major unlucky, because they way I assumed it worked was. They do the highest band ballot first, those that applied and were unsucessful drop into the next ballot for the price band below, and so on.
IIRC there are 6 price bands, so to miss out when you choose the top price, as I say, is majorly unlucky, especially when you think I assume there will be plenty who chose the lowest price (and therefore only get one shot) and have been allocated a seat.

Really sorry to hear that Paxton:(, in the times when most fans are happy to be armchair supporters its sad to lose someone who has put in the miles/hours like you have.

There was a spell ( after Sugar sacked TV) that i decided that i had been taken for a mug for too long and that i was going to give up my ST. Thankfully after missing a month or so i relized i needed my Spurs fix and seeing i had only loaned my ST i was able to return.

Football is not the game it was and there are days when i WISHED i could turn my back on it, however Spurs are in my blood so i try to ignore the greedy players, bent agents, whinging fans who think they know better then the guys in charge of their teams, and all the other brick that surrounds ( what was once) the GREATEST game.

After the birth of my little girl it's 100% not as important to me as it once was and I have missed a few games this year I probably could have gone to

I still love going to the Lane though and can't wait to take my little girl with me for the first time in about 5 years time

I did just sign up to be a Spurs Dribbler though

After the birth of my little girl it's 100% not as important to me as it once was and I have missed a few games this year I probably could have gone to

I still love going to the Lane though and can't wait to take my little girl with me for the first time in about 5 years time

I did just sign up to be a Spurs Dribbler though

I think you might be too old tbh :)

Joking apart, like your style, get her signed up early. I'm sure you'll both love going together when the time comes

Got an email confirming I had got tickets for the boro match but my account says nothing. No LP's no transaction history...any idea?

You didn't get a message recall email by any chance? I had a confirmation email; a message recall email (although it didn't actually recall the original) then another confirmation email. I couldn't see any differences between the two confirmation emails so wondered if the first had been sent in error.

Just checked my account and I've been successful for the Villa game, Paxton Upper Row 26 like the Boro match (Block 53 this time though)

Back