• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2015/16

My pal can get us tickets from Geordies they know who arent going but I just couldn't sit in the home end, would be concerned with getting a whack

If they're staying up regardless it could be one big party, otherwise not so much...

There will be no party if we stay up. We're not Sunderland or West Brom or some bricky club like that.

Relief, and hope (now we have Rafa, who appears to be the real deal), but no party.

I rang up today and asked about a box, they all sold out a few weeks back and a huge %'age of them have been sold to Spurs fans

Somebody at Saudi Sportswashing Machine smelled a rat when the got 8000 new members this week. We were a day late, bought a Toon Membership, but you can only get a ticket now if you have bought tickets for other matches previously
:oops:

It was worth a go though, still gutted

Soz mate. Got mine a few weeks ago before I even applied for our allocation. My mate's a season ticket holder but we've moved out of the Gallowgate to behind the dug-outs. Now I'm just worried that one or other of us is gonna tinkle on the other one's bonfire.

Anyone fancy going to Southampton?......well the golden ticket is not so golden anymore and lo and behold...stubhubs come alive.

Looks like some season ticket holders have had it with this team after last night.

Last home game of the best season in decades.
'let's give the boys and Poch a massive thank you and send off'
Nope.
'fudge going now, let's punt my seat out and still rinse a fellow yid out' ....

And they moan (and yes they do moan) about this team. Fickle as 'fudge.

Anyone fancy going to Southampton?......well the golden ticket is not so golden anymore and lo and behold...stubhubs come alive.

Looks like some season ticket holders have had it with this team after last night.

Nope.

Thats no surprise to me.

We have some fickle fans who make these kind of reaction and then in my experience regret it later

I know a guy who binned his season ticket after AVB and now were good again has had to buy a corporate table to get back in

Last edited:
Do away tickets get posted on Stubhub? They do list the Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine games, although showing as no availability.
I would have thought there would be a bit more control over who can buy away tickets?

EDIT : just thinking a bit further - if they are listed, it would be by fans who have bought an ST that includes away tickets? Rather than ST holders who got a ticket through the application process?

Do away tickets get posted on Stubhub? They do list the Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine games, although showing as no availability.
I would have thought there would be a bit more control over who can buy away tickets?

EDIT : just thinking a bit further - if they are listed, it would be by fans who have bought an ST that includes away tickets? Rather than ST holders who got a ticket through the application process?

Just phoned, none available as far as they aware. Any that do will be offered to those who just missed the cut...was worth a try. You dotn ask, you dont get!

Well I left 2/3 minutes early last night and someone yelled at me, "Guess you'll return for the next title challenge then. Where were you last season?" Plenty of suspected fickleness about that's for sure, I had a genuine reason to leave early yesterday.

Nope.

And this is an age old problem with no easy answer. Before I continue, I want it to be clear I am not tarring all ST holders with the same brush but from personal experience I have to say that their are some, and probably not small in number, that see their seat at WHL as an entitlement. An entitlement that allows them to dictate how the order of things should be in terms of atmosphere within their locality (Yes, I am mainly looking at you North Stand) and an entitlement to tickets before anyone else based on flimsy ideals imo.

In the North stand, I get the impression that the game at times is an inconvenience to large swathes of middle aged blokes who only go now for the social with their seated neighbour, thus denying someone who wants to watch the game and get behind the team a chance as any attempt to sing and garner support in that stand is met with withering looks and unwitty retorts for the most part. The predicted return of Saudi Sportswashing Machine tickets is likely to occur and is another example of why away tickets and the like should be opened up to all imo and based on a rolling basis of attendance home and away.

Each time a season ticket holder attends the Home game then like a member their card should be scanned and the stats used to prove that card was used to attend.......that's as much as you can do to prove the person is really attending unless you ask for ID too. Rather than being able to sit on their ticket and not bother to go very often but renew each year just to keep the ticket ( Yes, I do know ST holders who do that).

Applying for away games and cup semis etc should then be an open application and all attendances should be taken into consideration, both home and away. Emirates Marketing Project away went to members and a large portion of those attending that day were members but from that day forward given the performance, away games generally have gone just to ST Holders who have decided to go now it all looks rosy. That is their right as it is anybody's but it is taking advantage of those who make the effort when the going isn't so good. Stoke last week being a prime example, Oh its a Monday night game and I can't get the train sod it I won't bother......and so members were thrown a bone they wouldn't have got if it were a Sunday/Saturday game despite the fact they have been regularly making sure away allocations are sold out this season and seasons past.

To me it is not right and needs a shake up. The old guard need shaking up and it should be normal to be wanting to support the team and make some noise if you wish, not the unusual.

As I said, this doesn't apply to all season ticket holders as many will be very supportive and make the effort when they can but the numerous ones who have now come out of the woodwork and made it harder for people who go regularly to get tickets to games like Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine can crawl back to where they were as you are no longer required.

Oh and before anyone throws in the age old argument of ST holders deserve priority because they pay up front.......No they don't in the main. Many will pay over 10 months and even if they did pay up front then plenty of members would also pay upfront if they could. Ability to pay a lump sum does not and should not give someone a right to abuse their privilege of having a ST watch a wonderful club such as ours.

No doubt I will have my detractors with this post and it is not my intention to moan about ST Holders as I will shortly be one myself in the coming seasons and I may not have put this over as well as I could have spoken it but I feel it resonates with a large part of our fan base and I feel that the old order of things doesn't benefit those that really do make the effort regularly and try to support the team home and away whether they are ST Holder or member and that we have a bit of a problem amongst our supportat times that borders on selfishness and entitlement.

Rant over.......;-)

Finger print entry would sort a whole bunch of these problems out, along with tinkering with the loyalty point system (ie the amount given for each game depending on circumstances).

Plus the club need to bring the reselling market back in house.

@Libero Fantastic post. Spot on. Especially the bit about paying upfront, as a member you do get the chance to buy 4 multi-game packages where indeed you do have to pay upfront, and in full, no monthly payments

You can already route out those ST holders selling tickets via the Stub Hub info. You could say anyone selling tickets for more than half of games isn't eligible to apply for away tickets for instance but it's difficult and no one system would benefit all. I'd like to see 5 or 10% of the away allocation reserved for members as the best solution, would guarantee around 300 tickets at least for members if the 10% was used and the team had a stadium capacity of at least 30K. There's some members who probably go to more games than ST holders but are still on the list, I mean to have 500+ points as a member is quite a lot.

Back