• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2015/16

I am not sure I believe in this whole catch up thing; you play your games.

With Leicester playing before us I feel it gives a psychological boost - could even boost confidence/atmosphere at the lane if we know we need to win etc.
Totally agree. In other competitions it's an advantage to play last, so why is it different here?

Totally agree. In other competitions it's an advantage to play last, so why is it different here?
Because there can be a psychological difference in knowing what you have to do based on the actions of others. For example, if we kick off at the same time as Leicester we will know the score in their game as it happens at the same time as us, but this week we could find ourselves 10 points behind them come kick off, which can put a different mindset on our players.

Because there can be a psychological difference in knowing what you have to do based on the actions of others. For example, if we kick off at the same time as Leicester we will know the score in their game as it happens at the same time as us, but this week we could find ourselves 10 points behind them come kick off, which can put a different mindset on our players.
That doesn't really answer the question though, does it? Why is it an advantage, for example, to play the second leg of a tie at home, where you know what result you need, but it's not an advantage to play after Leicester... where you know what result you need? o_O

That doesn't really answer the question though, does it? Why is it an advantage, for example, to play the second leg of a tie at home, where you know what result you need, but it's not an advantage to play after Leicester... where you know what result you need? o_O
I think the second leg of a two-legged tie is different to playing league games at different times. I also think that in the case of the league this season there is more pressure being 10 points behind the leaders than 7 - as might happen this weekend. As for the two-legged tie, the advantage of playing the second leg at home is having greater support and no travel for what is effectively the second half of the same 'game'. Hopefully that makes some sense.

I think the second leg of a two-legged tie is different to playing league games at different times. I also think that in the case of the league this season there is more pressure being 10 points behind the leaders than 7 - as might happen this weekend. As for the two-legged tie, the advantage of playing the second leg at home is having greater support and no travel for what is effectively the second half of the same 'game'. Hopefully that makes some sense.
It does, but I think we're overstating the psychological aspect a bit. Pressure can actually be good, depending on the team. If anything, it can help a team focus. Just look at Leicester at the tail end of last season, or Sunderland two seasons ago (or was it three, can't remember).

For us to catch them, Leicester have to drop points.

At such time(s), they will sweat (to a greater or lesser degree) on our result. Any win for us will reinforce their fears about losing out.

For us to catch them, we have to win games, so their results can't get to us. We will just feel better any time we gain on them.

All that aside, both managers are level-headed, players all on something of a career high, and neither sets of fans are as rabid as others about 'right to win'. In short, I don't think the mind games will get to either team.

What i find a bit strange,with the tv picks, is that when we were in the Europa cup playing on a Monday would have been a natural choice(how many times,once against the Villa i think) because we had to play on a Sunday but then when we got knocked out we're on three weeks consecutively on a Monday when there was no need,to give Leicester to play first in four of the last five games again seems a bit strange but so be it.

Always thought that the last couple of games both sides should play at the same time,not just the last game.

A title shouldn't be based on a tv schedule.

One seat showing on the OS for Southampton.

Thanks for that, missed it, but I'm going to keep an eye on the OS.

I take it that this a Season Ticket return to the Club from someone not using StubHub for whatever reason. It will be interesting when/if some of our folk start putting theirs up on StubHub.

Leicester fans giving off about their final home game, and rightly so. There are some clams in this world!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36020849

A few seats in Blocks 35 and F have appeared for West Brom. It had been showing as sold out.

West Brom sold out again, but I got a Block 25 (albeit restricted view) ticket for Southampton. Happy days!

Must admit, I don't really understand how these tickets are coming back on. A Season Ticket Holder wouldn't have a restricted view ST surely.

Last edited:
I have a Stubhub question. Want to take a friend to a game, he is visting from US and is not a member. If I buy 2 tickets on Stubhub can i assign the second ticket to myself as well, does anyone know?

West Brom sold out again, but I got a Block 25 (albeit restricted view) ticket for Southampton. Happy days!

Must admit, I don't really understand how these tickets are coming back on. A Season Ticket Holder wouldn't have a restricted view ST surely.
I think if you have bought a ticket you can return it up to a certain point in time before the game - especially if the game is sold out I guess for the club to shift it would not be too much of a problem.

I think if you have bought a ticket you can return it up to a certain point in time before the game - especially if the game is sold out I guess for the club to shift it would not be too much of a problem.

That's probably right as it's sold out. I tried to return one years ago (Bruges home) and they wouldn't entertain it. Just had to take the hit.

Yes they do, when I had a season ticket I had a restricted view seat. There's probably a few thousand seats in the shelf that are restricted view.

Nice one. I know from experience that persistence sometimes pays off. Might have been someone who bought a ticket and has somehow just found out the game got moved to a Monday night?

Stoke went to members with 187 points, while Chelsea was ST only and 321 points. Both Monday nights.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine will require a ST at minimum.

Back