• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

No Kane
No Son
No Dele

Time to step up and show your worth Fernando. We need you to deliver big time.

Llorente had a 'mare, no doubt. The worrying sort of performance that looked like he was really shaken by it.

That said, theres a fair amount of revisionism in here as to his strengths, weaknesses and general performances.

This was the worst Ive seen him. Prior to this, he has always been solid enough.

Particularly adept at holding the ball and playing people in.

I think he was pretty isolated against Fulham, and its not his game.

Put Moura up with him against Chelsea and Im sure we would see a very different performance from him.

I think before he’d had cameos or played poor opposition, the only time I thought he’d looked useful was against Madrid.

Hes always done a job, never been a world beater and never looked so shot as he did the other day
I really dont think its as big a deal as some people have made out - he had one, no doubt about it. But all of our players have had several, difference being they've had a larger amount of games which distracts from the poor games they have had. Llorente has had as little game time in the league as anyone, and in a position thats notorious for needing games to build up confidence in front of goal (putting the ball in the net is widely acknowledged to be the toughest thing to do in football). Ive no doubt that with a couple more games he will be at the very least doing a decent job of bringing others into play, and its as much on the rest of the team to adapt better to Llorente as it is on him. He missed a couple of chances, but one was a free kick and all in all he didnt exactly have a lot of great service to feed off of. Give it one or two more games this performance would have been forgotten about.....

Today's (well yesterday's now) was the Llorente that won games for Swansea. Brave getting his head in there. Old school centre forward. Not sure that's what we need going forward but a good alternative option.

I was pleased for him anyway.

Was so bizarre seeing him score right in front us us and see Eriksen kinda just ignore him like he was a joke.... the players should have been going mad for him

Have to say that goal did him the world of good and he looked to be playing well

If I was Poch I’d have taken Lamela off for Moura
Yep. Just needs the run of games now to give him the confidence.

Also the pens were poor and was thinking at the time who were going to be our penalty takers.

Yep. Just needs the run of games now to give him the confidence.

Also the pens were poor and was thinking at the time who were going to be our penalty takers.

The pens were the opposite end to ours but I called everyone
My nephew thinks I’m some sort of genius for working out where they were going but their predictable

You knew Dier was going high
You knew Jorginho would try a clever one through the middle

hopefully already been said, but the two times we got the ball in from wide to him he scored a stonking header, and then miscontrolled what would have been pass of the season. I get that we have "our way" of playing now, but surely when you have an old fashioned "bomber" as the Italians call them, you're going to cross in for him to head against the likes of Luis, who is made of balsa wood in the air?

hopefully already been said, but the two times we got the ball in from wide to him he scored a stonking header, and then miscontrolled what would have been pass of the season. I get that we have "our way" of playing now, but surely when you have an old fashioned "bomber" as the Italians call them, you're going to cross in for him to head against the likes of Luis, who is made of balsa wood in the air?

The one he missed he didn’t anticipate as they should have dealt with it defensively on first look

He just changed his whole swagger with that goal and looked like he gave a brick

hopefully he's going to get better and better for the next few weeks then. Would be fun to see him go on a run and score six in four or something, make himself undroppable and then see what Poch does when big 'Arry's fit again.

drop him immediately for our talisman.

Back