• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

Can't see him bouncing back from that any time soon. One of the worst individual performances I've seen from a Spurs player. We don't play to his strengths though. For the last twenty I really wanted balls punted to him. Like floated balls to him and other attackers around him. That's how he has looked good this season before yesterday. I'd play Nkoudou from the start and Lamela as a false nine against Chelsea. Or Moura as the striker.

Can't see him bouncing back from that any time soon. One of the worst individual performances I've seen from a Spurs player. We don't play to his strengths though. For the last twenty I really wanted balls punted to him. Like floated balls to him and other attackers around him. That's how he has looked good this season before yesterday. I'd play Nkoudou from the start and Lamela as a false nine against Chelsea. Or Moura as the striker.

Llorente is a world cup winner who has gone the business in all of Europe's top leagues. He's not going to be destroyed by a single poor performance, like a young debutant like Foyth may have been

Wake me up before you go-go,
Who needs Bale when you’ve got Fernando!

As this chant clearly helped to motivate Sissoko :D

Llorente is a world cup winner who has gone the business in all of Europe's top leagues. He's not going to be destroyed by a single poor performance, like a young debutant like Foyth may have been
He's played 349 minutes for Spurs in the PL and scored 1 goal.
When was Foyth destroyed by a single poor performance?

He had 2 almost free headers inside the 6 yard box and didnt manage to get a connection on either

I supported sissoko through the dark days, but there is very very little use to Llorente
Im not sure throwing Vertoghen or Sanchez up for the last 10mins of games would provide a much different option if we are chasing and are just going long.

If we can sell him on the 31st then we should. Son will be back for Leicester all the games after that are in latter stages of competitions where having Llorente will not make a impact against the quality of team we will play

Llorente had a 'mare, no doubt. The worrying sort of performance that looked like he was really shaken by it.

That said, theres a fair amount of revisionism in here as to his strengths, weaknesses and general performances.

This was the worst Ive seen him. Prior to this, he has always been solid enough.

Particularly adept at holding the ball and playing people in.

I think he was pretty isolated against Fulham, and its not his game.

Put Moura up with him against Chelsea and Im sure we would see a very different performance from him.

I'm no fan of Llorente and would prefer it if Moura gets fit and he plays up top. However...he could have scored a couple v Fulham. So whilst he didn't have the best game, he wasn't totally clueless as he was in the right place a couple of times, just didn't execute.

Though imo, that was more to do with Fulham being rubbish at the back. I don't think he will give any decent teams much trouble at all. If he plays, then hopefully I am wrong about that.

To be fair if he doesn't play then it's hard to be sharp, he doesn't even make the bench some games and when he does either gets 5 minutes or nothing at all. He's 33, fitness and sharpness will take some time.

Sense at last, well done.

Seriously? He outmuscled Sanchez once. What back to goal work was this? He was mostly stuck out on the left.

He missed one clear chance, blew a headed opportunity and other than that was about as effective as Llorente IMO.

Nah, he held off our central defenders more than once with his back to goal, and the ball stuck to him. Plus the outmuscling of Sanchez before he went on that run.

Back