• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

There is no doubting he was bad. He had two very good chances to score, one came of his shoulder and straight to the Keeper and the other he got such a slight touch on it that it went wide. You could say at least he got chances and that can be true to an extent.

The thing that was more alarming for me was his linked up play. He tried to hard to do headed flicks etc. Towards the end of the game he stopped that and for about 10 mins he just brought it down, held it up and brought others into play. That is all he needs to do. Do that next time for the 90 mins and maybe take a chance when you get it and he might be ok for us whilst we have so many injuries.

Its pretty galling that on a day when we had 4 good headed chances to get goals, Dele and Winks took theirs and Llorente missed both of his.

But I Feel we have to play him in the next game. We just dont have the cover not to play him. He might shake off the rust and do well in his next game, well we have to have hope.

There is no doubting he was bad. He had two very good chances to score, one came of his shoulder and straight to the Keeper and the other he got such a slight touch on it that it went wide. You could say at least he got chances and that can be true to an extent.

The thing that was more alarming for me was his linked up play. He tried to hard to do headed flicks etc. Towards the end of the game he stopped that and for about 10 mins he just bought it down, held it up and bought others into play. That is all he needs to do. Do that next time for the 90 mins and maybe take a chance when you get it and he might be ok for us whilst we have so many injuries.

Its pretty galling that on a day when we had 4 good headed chances to get goals, Dele and Winks took theirs and Llorente missed both of his.

But I Feel we have to play him in the next game. We just dont have the cover not to play him. He might shake off the rust and do well in his next game, well we have to have hope.

I think the OG really affected him .. pretty bad day at the office, he was probably the most relieved man on the pitch at the end.

I agree, not a lot of alternate options, he needs to get the next game out (kind of what Poch did with Foyth this season when he had that really bad game).

The OG was unfortunate and he didn’t make anything from two very good chances, what annoyed me was his refusal to chase and pressure, you don’t have to get to the ball first to make a play.

Kudos to Poch, going by his post match comments you'd be forgiven for thinking Llorente had all but played a blinder.

“I am happy, very happy,” Pochettino said when asked about Llorente’s performance.

“He helped the team with his qualities, he had a few chances to score and might have been a bit unlucky.

“He’s a little bit tired after 90 minutes.

“He was good, I was so happy with his performance, he helped the team in 93 minutes,” Pochettino added

“He has a few actions to score, that is the most important thing. In games the moment will arrive for him to score.

“It was tough for him to compete, one year and a half without a game. But he deserves the opportunity, he is professional and a good player.”

Sheer class!

Could be worth a try with Sanchez, as he has the physical attributes to be a dominant CF and looks like he has an eye for goal...

i remember wayyy back in the day sheffield wednesday did this emergency route to a solution that paid off dividends, they got to two cup finals ! I googled and it was Paul Warhurst back in 1991

Having said that, just read a danny murphy article (yes, i know) where he writes that in yesterday's game, Jan tried finding Llorente with two crosses in the first half, but we didn't try again till Alli and Winks's goals - so we haven't built around his strength, all the lads need time to find their feet. Shame we don't have time ! But he thinks we shouldn't panic buy, too big a risk if it doesn't work out and upsets the team dynamics. Who'd be a coach eh ? Actually, for a few squillion quid ;)

I say keep going with him, the team will find a way to keep getting results. I don't believe we can buy anyone who will come in and create an impact then happily sit on the sidelines whilst Kane and Son come back

Kudos to Poch, going by his post match comments you'd be forgiven for thinking Llorente had all but played a blinder.

“I am happy, very happy,” Pochettino said when asked about Llorente’s performance.

“He helped the team with his qualities, he had a few chances to score and might have been a bit unlucky.

“He was good, I was so happy with his performance, he helped the team in 93 minutes,” Pochettino added

“He has a few actions to score, that is the most important thing. In games the moment will arrive for him to score.

“It was tough for him to compete, one year and a half without a game. But he deserves the opportunity, he is professional and a good player.”

Sheer class!
Poch is extremely good at calming things down and adding a little perspective to situations.

That said, he’ll well know Llorente had a stinker!

Very bad game from him. Worst thing was that he wasnt really attacking balls, seemed a lot like his confidence was just shot.

Im hoping its a case of just a bad day, because we need him playing well for the next couple of weeks.

Very bad game from him. Worst thing was that he wasnt really attacking balls, seemed a lot like his confidence was just shot.

Im hoping its a case of just a bad day, because we need him playing well for the next couple of weeks.

He will get better the more game she has

Yesterday he was appalling but he isn’t a bad player.

He can do a job against Chelsea providing he works hard

Sheer class!
Wengeresque levels of delusion.

i remember a few games early on this season where kane was missing sitters, and he was getting regular playing time

but then he got into his stride - luckily others picked up the slack, moura was scoring for fun

He will get better the more game she has

Yesterday he was appalling but he isn’t a bad player.

He can do a job against Chelsea providing he works hard
I think part of the issue is he doesn’t seem to be working hard, either in his movement or attacking the ball. I’m not saying Janssen levels of chasing down away towards our goal would make the difference but he just seems too passive. Even if Kane or Son aren’t scoring they are at least working the defence one way or another and when people question the lack of crosses / passes to him perhaps it’s because he is so static that the players don’t really trust him. The own goal was unfortunate but as his game is going to be based on scoring headers from the penalty spot then I think it’s fair to be disappointed that he failed with the two decent chances he got.

I can’t see any alternatives, just hope that Moura is fit and perhaps having someone with pace playing up with him and the 90 minutes under his belt will mean an improved contribution against chelsea. Not necessarily a goal but just occupying their centre backs and holding the ball up as we are going to be working very hard off the ball in that one.

Back