• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie: Retired, Moyes: Sacked, LVG/Giggs: The New Super Duo

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring - Moyes Taking Over

Let's just wait and see, but going by what you have said already and what others will say too, is that If Moyes sucks, it will be told you so, if Moyes does well it will be because Fergie is keeping him right. He wont be able to win in this instance.

On the other hand, you could go with Fergie's interfering screwing Moyes up.

Or Moyes succeeding despite Fergie's interference in team matters.

He just can't lose. :p

Not at all - I couldn't care less if he does well or not. I just think it is a very bizarre appointment. A man who has won it all time and time again followed by a man who has won nothing.

Agree, Manure could have had their pick of the best. Manure is one of the top 5 clubs in the world

I don't think the most rabid Moyes supporter/fan would put him in the top 10 managers in the world.

Quite surprised they've gone for him. Don't get me wrong, he's not the worst choice but honestly thought they could have done better. I think he's simply a very good manager rather than a great manager, like Arry. He's not quite at the level of Wenger, Klopp or Heynckes.

Heard a stat about him today, 45 away games against the traditional big 4, zero wins.

I think they'll be ok in the league, not sure how he will do in Europe. United really need to be challenging on all fronts.

Quite surprised they've gone for him. Don't get me wrong, he's not the worst choice but honestly thought they could have done better. I think he's simply a very good manager rather than a great manager, like Arry. He's not quite at the level of Wenger, Klopp or Heynckes.

Heard a stat about him today, 45 away games against the traditional big 4, zero wins.

I think they'll be ok in the league, not sure how he will do in Europe. United really need to be challenging on all fronts.

I think he will be getting 'regular input' for a couple of seasons from one of the Utd 'directors'...!!!

Good luck to Moyes, he's on a hiding to nothing taking over from Ferguson.

I didnt want him here last summer.

But dont worry United know what they are doing. This is not a choice they have taken slightly.

He has done a good job, a very solid team you dont want to face, especially at Goodison but they havent won anything have they, and thats what he`ll need to do at United.

I think it was Bobby Charlton or another director at United, who said stability was key and they got that with Moyes. That was the key factor. Hes going to be around for years to come like he has done at United. They didnt want to get someone who would leave after a season or two.

I suppose thats the right idea, build on the long term, which is also what Levy is trying to do.

I think he will be getting 'regular input' for a couple of seasons from one of the Utd 'directors'...!!!

Whoeever thinks it is Moyes that is Manager is 'deluded'. Like you say - Moyes will be more like the spokesman than anything else. In my view.

ps - deluded is a harsh word

I didnt want him here last summer.

But dont worry United know what they are doing. This is not a choice they have taken slightly.

He has done a good job, a very solid team you dont want to face, especially at Goodison but they havent won anything have they, and thats what he`ll need to do at United.

Feel like I'm beating a dead horse here .. I have no idea why Moyes? out of all the options United have, Moyes???

He makes teams that are difficult to play against is the best thing most people can come up with
United won the title by beating almost all of the lower teams home and away, far cry from a don't lose policy
The main issue for United is also the squad needs quite a few additions, the club has a draw, but with other big spenders in market, without SAF, will they get who they want?

Klopp is incredibly loyal to Dortmund. Roman came calling and Klopp basically told him to fudge off. I imagine he'd have more respect for Man Utd, but if Moyes doesn't do well then Klopp can come when his contract with BvB finishes in 2016 (?) or something.

Ancelotti likes an infinite amount of money and players in their prime, as does Mourinho. United have money, but not enough to compete against Chelsea/City without being more careful in the market and developing their own players.

I am sure that there is some hidden gem of a young prodigy manager out there who is not as well known as Mourinho/Klopp just yet; if United want to rejuvenate themselves and recreate another dynasty then yes, maybe young and dashing is the way to go. However, I am not so sure that the talent of the manager himself is so important, so long as his players respect him and want to play for him. Moyes doesn't necessarily have to be a genius if he is an astute leader who can evaluate others well - his number two can be the brilliant tactician, and I'm sure United's backroom staff is stocked with fine coaches and good scouts. This is what I think United are going for - they have a strong set-up in place, they just need a firm hand at the helm to keep the ship steady.

We're different. We didn't go with Moyes because we needed a revolutionary hand. We needed someone who could out-fox clubs with far more resources than we have, which meant a risk-taker willing to swerve hard if necessary. We took AVB in the hopes of getting a man wiling to build us up from the ground alongside Levy, a stubborn man himself. There was no way Moyes was going to be willing to rebuild again after so many years with Everton. Don't get me wrong, Man United with all its pressures is a huge challenge - but so are we, in a different way.

Moyes - no trophies in over 10 years at Everton, could have one in the bag after 90 minutes at United!

I'm sure that Ferguson will be there to offer advice should Moyes want it, in the same way that Busby and Charlton were for him when he joined the club but Ferguson will know more than anyone that him interfering would make his successors job impossible and will still well clear unless asked.

I was desperate for us not to get him when he was favourite for our job 11 months ago. I'm looking forward to 'dour' United.

united have obviously been planning this for months, they've done their due diligence, Moyes has run his contract down, who's to say we didn't offer him the job in the summer and he turned it down because he had already agreed this, the way the news came out and the rumours of Rooney requesting a transfer last month suggest this was a long process

united have obviously been planning this for months, they've done their due diligence, Moyes has run his contract down, who's to say we didn't offer him the job in the summer and he turned it down because he had already agreed this, the way the news came out and the rumours of Rooney requesting a transfer last month suggest this was a long process

He practically applied for the job on Match of the Day during last summer's Euros, I am sure that he would have accepted if we had offered him the job.

or was that merely a cunning ruse

actually come to think of it you are right, he would have taken it if offered, the quickest way to united has always been to sign for spurs first

I'm confused by this Mumorn thing and this wrestling brick. Please make it stop.

Back