• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Favourite tv shows when you were a kid

ooh! Forgot about 'Lost in Space' and Land of the Giants. They would have been in my 5-9 section. The Flintstones is a forever show, as is Roadrunner

There's so many shows I forgot that others have mentioned. I think people my age were spoilt for choice when they were kids, can't imagine the shows of today being anywhere near as good as they were when I was young.

Watch with Mother and muffin the mule.

Think you and I will share the same zimmer frame, R mate! :lol:

Remembered fondly.

Secret Squirrel
Thunderbirds (on Saturday eve. after the wrestling)
Fireball XL5
Danger Man
The Saint
The Avengers
The Goodies
Monty Python
Till Death Us Do Part
Not Only But Also
Joe 90
Sgt. Bilko
Marty Feldman Show
Dads Army
Hogans Heroes
Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines
Charlies Angels
Dr Who
The Frost Report (vaguely!)

Never Liked

The High Chapparal
The Virginian
The Partridge Family
F Troop
Saturday Night at the London Palladium
Batman
Terry and June
The Liver Birds
The Dustbinmen
Crossroads (my Gran's fave!)
Rod Hull and Emu.

keenan-and-kel-orange-soda-300x228.jpg

As well as the usual shows I loved that have been mentioned, I was a big fan of California Dreams and Hangin' With Mr Cooper. I also liked Ghost Writer

during school holidays.....white horses,banana splits,monkees plus half a dozen already mentioned.

during school term,grange hill(the early years before drugs came into it lol),crackerjack and the double deckers plus jossies giants(rip sid waddell)when i started tech college.
here in wales welsh programmes took over half the time so i didn't see an episode of magpie till i went on holidays in england and then in total i saw about 5 episodes in about ten years other wise bilidowcar was brilliant !!!!

Already mentioned but Mysterious Cities of Gold was amazing, best opening theme tune ever!‎

Was also a big fan of: Cosmo and Dibbs, Dangermouse, Rainbow, Jason and the Wheelers, Pugwall, Once Upon a ‎Time…Life, Dungeons and Dragons, Family Ness, He-Man, ‎Thundercats, Galaxy High, Racoons, Ghostbusters cartoon, Mask, Banana Man, Superted, Batfink, ‎Dogtanion....must be more as well, the 80's were amazing!

My mind is clearly fuddled - How could I forget ~It's Friday, It's five to five and its....CRACKERJACK!!! Peter Glaze was bizzare

Bewitched
Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In
Bugs Bunny show
Carol Burnett
Ed Sullivan Show
Flinstones
Lost in Space
Get Smart

Charlie Brown Christmas / Wizard of Oz movie (this was back where there were no VCR's, the TV was black and white, there were three channels (one of them French) and those two shows came on once a year, at Christmas.

Yes, I'm old. :)

I would guess you're about 5 years older than me.

Mine were the likes of
Thunderbirds
My favourite Martian
Get Smart
Stringray
Gilligans Island
The Munsters

a few years later it was
The Double Deckers
Tomorrow People
Wacky Races

during school holidays.....white horses,banana splits,monkees plus half a dozen already mentioned.

during school term,grange hill(the early years before drugs came into it lol),crackerjack and the double deckers plus jossies giants(rip sid waddell)when i started tech college.
here in wales welsh programmes took over half the time so i didn't see an episode of magpie till i went on holidays in england and then in total i saw about 5 episodes in about ten years other wise bilidowcar was brilliant !!!!

I remember those Black and white foreign films on each morning during the hols
Robinson Crusoe
Belle and Sebastian
The Flashing Blade
White Horses

Ah memories

soz for missing the comment mate, would have been all over it if i had seen it! and thanks for the news of a second season! they best not fudge with the theme tune.

no worries :D i wasn't sure if anybody even clicked the link when i put it up before, probably not :D
but good news indeed... hehe.

Back